D2 D2 Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably played at Therry about 8 to 10 times & would have been out there another 10-12 times to watch games. Would be a reasonably close call but I think Parade's is wider.

possibly wamb, but wouldnt call it a small ground compared to gleneira, ivanhoe,, yarra valley, peninsula........alot of them are small hey!

Beautiful day weather wise last Saturday, sun was shining a light zephyr.. Nothing better than sitting on your deck chair taking in the sea air, keeping an eye on the passing ships. and watching Willy smack another opponent at home on the Fearon..

However if its blowing a gale & pi$$ing down.. I`d rather be in Siberia..
call me a fair weather supporter !!

In ranking order of 1 through to 10 - what do you consider the order for Grounds and Facilities in D2 grade this year?

Would be happy to play at Eltham's ground every week (as long as theres a shuttle bus from the rooms to the ground). More than happy to not play at Yarra Valley though.

Tips this week

Eltham v Old Paradians. Eltham were good last week, and took it up to us right until the last quarter. Paradians are still a chance at finals, and will need to win to keep the pressure on Therry (and us for that matter). Turner and Galvin and the keys for the Turtles, and will need to be shut down if Parades are to win. Eltham are too good at home for mine though, and will get up by at least 5 goals.

Williamstown v Yarra Valley. Yarra Valley have only got pride to play for now, whereas Willy still are a massive chance at grabbing second spot with Banyule meeting Peninsula this weekend. Willy have all their guns firing at the right time and should demolish Yarra Valley here. The Seagulls by 120+

Therry Penola v Ivanhoe. On paper Ivanhoe have no chance. They have not much to play for similar to Yarra Valley. The Hoes are a proud club who I have a lot of respect for, but it will be a massive task to topple Banister & Co. this weekend. Where there is a will, there is a way though, and I have to go with my heart over my head here, and tip Ivanhoe.

Glen Eira v Old Westbourne. Glen Eira were in stellar form before running the gauntlet in Banyule & Peninsula over the last two weeks. They have all their big name players back, to give support to the ever-reliable Spink and Paterson. Glen Eira are notoriously very hard to beat at Packer Reserve, and nothing but our best will get us over the line this week. The Warriors by 1 point.

Peninsula v Banyule. Banyule are no way near their best for mine, they seem to have been hit by injuries at the wrong time of year. Peninsula, on the other hand, just keep getting the job done. They are extremely efficient with the football and do not concede big scores! A percentage of above 200 shows how dominant they have been this year. Peninsula should win this quite comfortably IMO. The Pirates by 45 points.

Hey akka just wondering how you think mitch wilson and charles hunters seasons have been?

Hey Guus, Mitchell and Charles have had great season's and have been two of our most consistant performers this year. Both players will finish top 3 in the B&F for mine, and might be in calculations for team of the year......

It will be interesting to see what the D2 Scribe Cailin comes up with.

Hey Guus, Mitchell and Charles have had great season's and have been two of our most consistant performers this year. Both players will finish top 3 in the B&F for mine, and might be in calculations for team of the year......

It will be interesting to see what the D2 Scribe Cailin comes up with.

Talking about grounds and facilities, everyone would have to agree that Therry have the worst in both these aspects. Ground is concrete and the showers inside the shoebox visitor's change room is ordinary. As well as sharing the toilets with the opposition. Shocking.

Hey Akka. Does Hunter always seem to save his best footy for every match against Ivanhoe?

Talking about grounds and facilities, everyone would have to agree that Therry have the worst in both these aspects. Ground is concrete and the showers inside the shoebox visitor's change room is ordinary. As well as sharing the toilets with the opposition. Shocking.

Hey Akka. Does Hunter always seem to save his best footy for every match against Ivanhoe?

shocking change rooms!

It would definately seem that way Buddy! He has played some awesome footy this year, but the the games v the hoes were probably two of his best.

I would of thought Therry's ground is no where near as bad as Westbournes & Yarra Valley's. Admittedly it is hard but so are most due to recent lack of water.

As for the change rooms, well the home sides are pretty good mate. So suck $hit that the visitors are bad in your mind. Mind you Yarra Valley's are smaller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone confirm if Bannister has done his knee?
He certainly was limping pretty bad after a collision late in the third. Didn't return in the last quarter! Would be a shame not to get the 100 up for the season. But doubt the Therry boys will tell you the truth on here (I certainly wouldn't be giving anything away about our guys), will just have to see in the coming weeks.

I would of thought Therry's ground is no where near as bad as Westbournes & Yarra Valley's. Admittedly it is hard but so are most due to recent lack of water.

As for the change rooms, well the home sides are pretty good mate. So suck $hit that the visitors are bad in your mind. Mind you Yarra Valley's are smaller.

Ordinary rooms in an ordinary part of Melbourne. Suck $hit to you Number 70 for living / playing out there.

Ordinary rooms in an ordinary part of Melbourne. Suck $hit to you Number 70 for living / playing out there.

I'd be interested to see where you come from Buddy-Love....nothing wrong with "this" side of town. Wouldn't be suck $hit to me, if I enjoyed it now would it.

This might explain the rudeness of some clubs not even coming in for a beer / softdrink after the game......unlike ourselves who, win, lose or draw will always attend the after game presentation of the other club to support the competition!!!

settle down ladies, it must have been a flat week of footy to be talking about this stuff. if the call on Bannister is true, that would be shocking news. reckon he gets away with a lot of pushes in the back but he deserves to make the century.

It get's progressively worse as you head down pascoe vale road.
Strathmore, Pascoe Vale, Oak Park, Glenroy, Broady, (Jacana?).. etc

cause pascoe vale and strathmore are so bad?? you ammo blokes are dreamers, want the best of everything in the world. why dont ya head down to hoppers crossing, st albans etc..
if bannister has gone down, is that the end of therry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back