D2 D2 Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if bannister has gone down, is that the end of therry?

You could say that TP could be gone evan with him. Have been treading water for a few weeks now.

Would of been interested to see where they would of finished with no C Bannister in the 2009 side.

cause pascoe vale and strathmore are so bad?? you ammo blokes are dreamers, want the best of everything in the world. why dont ya head down to hoppers crossing, st albans etc..
if bannister has gone down, is that the end of therry?
So now we have two blokes openly admitting they have a man crush on Lance, our old mate buddy-love and a new poster to D2, BuddyLove!!

settle down ladies, it must have been a flat week of footy to be talking about this stuff. if the call on Bannister is true, that would be shocking news. reckon he gets away with a lot of pushes in the back but he deserves to make the century.

are you trying to work ppl up sasha? i don't think i've ever seen bannister push anyone in the back, gets double/triple teamed everyweek and plucks seemingly impossible marks out of nowhere. i'd like to see any other player in the comp get the treatment he gets week in week out

You could say that TP could be gone evan with him. Have been treading water for a few weeks now.

Would of been interested to see where they would of finished with no C Bannister in the 2009 side.

yeh good coment u tool considering therry just go out of relegation last year and had corey banister playing for them.

Great game out at Domeney marred by some ordinary club umpiring behind the goals

Come on Eddiesmith, Yarra should have won the game and only have themselves to blame for the loss. 5 goals up with 10 minutes left, you had us on toast and probably should of won by 8 goals, only Glen Eira's determination got in the way. Add to this that I can recall at least 7 missed opportunities by the Bushrangers from 25-30 out from straight in front or close enough to. (Thats including the shot after the siren).

Overall a great game by both teams. Something to look forward to in 2010.

Come on Eddiesmith, Yarra should have won the game and only have themselves to blame for the loss. 5 goals up with 10 minutes left, you had us on toast and probably should of won by 8 goals, only Glen Eira's determination got in the way. Add to this that I can recall at least 7 missed opportunities by the Bushrangers from 25-30 out from straight in front or close enough to. (Thats including the shot after the siren).

Overall a great game by both teams. Something to look forward to in 2010.

Totally agree game on. Yarra Valley lost it themselves. nothing to do with goal umps

No doubt Yarra threw it away, it would have been interesting if they let it slip like that if the game meant anything, but the goal that began it all was a very poor call but I suppose with club umpires who sit on the fence and make their calls from back there they can never get in the right position to be expected to make the right call

But that shot after the siren, what a shocker, nearly as bad as Riewoldt :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt Yarra threw it away, it would have been interesting if they let it slip like that if the game meant anything, but the goal that began it all was a very poor call but I suppose with club umpires who sit on the fence and make their calls from back there they can never get in the right position to be expected to make the right call

But that shot after the siren, what a shocker, nearly as bad as Riewoldt :D

Again I presume you are talking about the female Yarra goal ump

Tips for week 1 of the finals please boys.
Mine as follows

Seniors
Willy by 13pts
Therry by 30pts

Reserves
Willy by 4pts
Banyule by 12pts
I think I agree with those tips Steve. I think both the seniors and reserves are two horse races, with the the top 2 clearly better than 3 & 4. Will be a Willi v Pen senior GF and Willi v TP reserves GF. Wish we were playing, but good luck to all teams.

2009 Glen Eira Summary

Finished: 7th
Wins: 6
Losses: 12

B&F: Not counted yet, but out of T Paterson, S Diamond and A Spink.
Leading Goalkicker: R Clark (40)

Started the season very badly, lost games they should of won against Eltham in Round 1, Ivanhoe in Round 3 and Westbourne in Round 5. Which left them 1-8 at the half way mark and sitting equal bottom with Yarra. Then went on a streak to winning 4 of the next 5 including Therry at Therry and Paraidians at Parade. Tailed off towards the end of the season with a big loss to Peninsula and just getting over Yarra in the last round.

Best Game: Beating Therry Penola at Therry. The club had never won at Therry ever in a long history between the two clubs. Won every quater and ended with a 23 point win.

Worst Game: The second half capitulation against Peninsula late in the year probably sticks out. We were in form and only 1 goal behind at the 25 minute mark of the 2nd when the Pirates went on to kick 14 of the next 15 goals to win by 96.

Any of the other bottom 6 want to give a run down of the year?

2009 Old Westbourne Summary

Finished: 5th
Wins: 10
Losses: 8

B&F: Not counted – 5 or 6 chances though
Leading Goal kicker: Sam Collins (28)

Poor start to the season with big losses against Peninsula and Therry Penola. Beat Banyule home and away and Therry Penola at home. Proved we could match it with the top four but lost games we should have won away at Eltham, YV and Paradians.

Best Game: Probably Banyule at Banyule. Was a close game all day but we showed we wanted it more and held on for a great win.

Worst Game: Definitely the loss to Yarra Valley away. YV were yet to win when we lost to them.

Well done to the Hoes on Saturday. Finally a game to enjoy:thumbsu:

Agreed Wamba. The Hoes finally got back on the winner's list. Albeit far too late! A ridiculously long time between wins. 15 weeks in fact! Our boys thumped the Turtles which proved to be a bunch of poor losers in the end. A few of them carried on like pork chops once they were losing. 3 blokes getting sent off is a disgrace. A young blonde Eltham player (#22 I think) was a joke the way he carried on after getting sent off. Embarrassing to say the least.

2009 Eltham Summary

Finshed - 8th
Wins - 6
Losses - 12

B & F - Not counted - at a guess John Galvin, Matt Crooks and Hayden Dillion

Leading Goal Kicker - Adam McClaren - 37

We were reasonalbly happy with the start of the season having some good wins apart from getting flogged early by therry. Massive injuries to both senior and resserve sides started the downward sprial and we really struggled to be competitive for the second half.

Best Game : Williamstown rd 4, easily our best game for the year was a 30 point win to Eltham and the season was looking good!!

Worst Game : Well there is a few but Ivanhoe @ Ivanhoe last week is the worst ive seen since ive been at the club was a shocking defeat....

Flag - Peninsula
Runners up - Williamstown

Banyule to beat Therry this week

Peninsula to beat Willy this week

Might as well do some end of year predictions as well:

Premier: Peninsula
Runner-Up: Williamstown
League B&F: T. Rees (Peninsula)

Team of the year prediction:

FB: Galvin (E) B.Hynes (W) Valoppi (YV)

HB: O’Keefe (OW) D. Shepherd (B) French (B)

C: Egglestone (TP) T. Rees (P) Wilson (OW)

HF: Gray (W) Payze (P) Iaconis (B)

FF: Coghlan (P) Bannister (TP) Turner (E)

R: Spink (GE) T. Shepherd (B) Cooper (W)

I/C: Crooks (E) Lidyard (OP) G.Rees (TP) Hunter (OW)

Thoughts?

Agreed Wamba. The Hoes finally got back on the winner's list. Albeit far too late! A ridiculously long time between wins. 15 weeks in fact! Our boys thumped the Turtles which proved to be a bunch of poor losers in the end. A few of them carried on like pork chops once they were losing. 3 blokes getting sent off is a disgrace. A young blonde Eltham player (#22 I think) was a joke the way he carried on after getting sent off. Embarrassing to say the least.

Yep there were a few boys who let themselves down. Number 3 for Ivanhoe Kicking a player in the face, that not embarrassing for the club?

Let me guess you didnt see the incident?

Yep there were a few boys who let themselves down. Number 3 for Ivanhoe Kicking a player in the face, that not embarrassing for the club?

Unless you are talking about an incident in the twos Richard, I think you'll find that Ivanhoe's ones didn't have a player wearing number 3 on Saturday!!!

Whatever mate. Read Wamba's comment. There was no number 3 playing so I think you're talking rubbish. Your team was a disgrace. And it all started from the coach who behaved like a child on the sidelines.

Whatever mate. Read Wamba's comment. There was no number 3 playing so I think you're talking rubbish. Your team was a disgrace. And it all started from the coach who behaved like a child on the sidelines.

What is it with the Turtles wanting to punch on in the last game of their year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back