D3 D3 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to give the VAFA some credit 'Nikes' but not with ground upgrades. It is something that the council and state government decide on. Glen Eira for example are upgrading 1 - 2 a year with around 30 grounds to get done. We were advised by council of the upgrade and then we passed on the info to the VAFA.

Is there any other councils upgrading other clubs grounds?

Exciting times...Elliot Box said to me that his more excited about the propect of Foxtel!!

Oh Magicroach any chance on the club getting Dimmies at the Canteen this year??!! Trade it for the hot tomato soup!! Nothing against Mrs Lawrys soup tho.

Exciting times...Elliot Box said to me that his more excited about the propect of Foxtel!!

Oh Magicroach any chance on the club getting Dimmies at the Canteen this year??!! Trade it for the hot tomato soup!! Nothing against Mrs Lawrys soup tho.
Surely can get a deal done with another club during canteen stock trade week.. although "Dimmies" is a solid performer week-in week-out and we would need to give up a fair bit I think.
I didn't know tomato soup was on the trade table??

The sting has certainly gone from this thread.

Feel free to say something controversial FB! Hoping for another 5 fa this weekend from you mate!!

Spoke to a player in a local C grade team last night at the BANGA, who due to the recruiting of ex-AFL players, and a former friend. Is contemplating moving suburbs down to Bentleigh....Although with strong links with both clubs Wouldnt be surprised if he stays at the former.

Feel free to say something controversial FB! Hoping for another 5 fa this weekend from you mate!!

Spoke to a player in a local C grade team last night at the BANGA, who due to the recruiting of ex-AFL players, and a former friend. Is contemplating moving suburbs down to Bentleigh....Although with strong links with both clubs Wouldnt be surprised if he stays at the former.

Whats the point of telling us that?

Best Canteen Items

Best Canteen Items of 2008

As a connoisseur of find canteen food, I'd like to know what each teams 'famous' cantreen item is. Last year saw Eltham with their great toasted cheese sandwiches, made fresh mind you. Cheese on Hot Dogs seems to be a favourite of D3 clubs while Monash's salad rolls are a treat when at ECR. Sounds like the tomato soup down at Arthur St is a real tradition.

What do I need to keep an eye out for this year?

Re: Best Canteen Items

Now that the Mrs has been shanghaied onto the committee at OW I will be agitating behind the scenes for just this issue. At the moment there is just the usual fare of pies/sausrolls, standard dimmies, hot dogs (cheese optional), and horribly sticky iced doughnuts whose sole function as far as I can tell is to attract ants and be given away to the kids at closing time.

I will be monitoring this thread with great interest, in order to pirate the best ideas and use them as a basis for coming up with a tasty, easily made, popular and profitable Arctic Park II signature dish. Whether or not it makes the canteen menu is for the gods to decide; whatever the outcome I will have done my bit. And anything we come up with has got to be better than the terribly overrated Wick burger.

Home-made pumpkin soup from the caravan at Old Brighton was particularly welcome this year, I will say.

As a connoisseur of find canteen food, I'd like to know what each teams 'famous' cantreen item is. Last year saw Eltham with their great toasted cheese sandwiches, made fresh mind you. Cheese on Hot Dogs seems to be a favourite of D3 clubs while Monash's salad rolls are a treat when at ECR. Sounds like the tomato soup down at Arthur St is a real tradition.

As far as i know its only happened the last two years!
Its an outrage that there is no Dim Sims at Bentleigh. Must be linked to the disappearance since Johhny Wang left the club...;)
FlashBang: i hear your mate D.Holmes is on the move? care to share pal

FlashBang: i hear your mate D.Holmes is on the move? care to share pal

Hmmm interesting if this is true but I would doubt it....spoke to Seany Holmes about pulling on the boots but showed no interest - probably due to the standard of footy. Certainly something to query when I see him next.

Doubt bentleigh is an attraction for him. 2nd in club B+F this year after missing 1/3 of season or there abouts. He would be kissing goodbye some mighty fine $$$

Hmmm interesting if this is true but I would doubt it....spoke to Seany Holmes about pulling on the boots but showed no interest - probably due to the standard of footy. Certainly something to query when I see him next.

Doubt bentleigh is an attraction for him. 2nd in club B+F this year after missing 1/3 of season or there abouts. He would be kissing goodbye some mighty fine $$$

This is info i received this morning...check it out! lol
The allure of the West Bentleigh crew may swing him back? i hear the secretary has a lot of pull down there

Even though now in D1, Werribee's canteen was given :thumbsu::thumbsu: with their dimmies. Also South Melbourne can hot chips.

But on the D3 scene there's an old bloke at Elsternwick who opens up the canteen before the 2's even start!! I'm sure there's a deal that can be done to get this gentleman to Bentleigh:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesbut Elsternwick is run by a catering company contracted to the VAFA... or am I the subject of bad advice?

Bad advice with all respect, definately one of the Elsternwick Bomber faithful. He got my applause the last time we played out on their oval out the back.

Can anyone from the Elsternwick crew back me up about the old guy who runs the canteen? Needs automatic life membership in my book if he doesn't have it already.

I know that they are D2 but personally I rate the pie I had @ Old Westbourne this season as one of the finest pies I have ever had. I was tempted to go back for more

I know that they are D2 but personally I rate the pie I had @ Old Westbourne this season as one of the finest pies I have ever had. I was tempted to go back for more

Long way to go for a great pie, McAdam. Will you be donning the jumper this year?

From memory Old Westbourne had a great canteen. Donuts galore! Worst Dim Sims goes to St Marys...hope i caught them on a bad day! Hot dogs were top notch tho.

P.S SPOTTED, FLASHBANG running laps of the tan earlier this week in his Coffeebreak. Word is he has been told to get fit or risk losing his leadership role

At first glance are you sure you didn't! If not you then who did eat all the pies?

I vote for any canteen that serves their hot dogs in soft rolls with sesame seeds.........and the roll must be buttered plus only Don skinless franks for me!

tom godsell from st bernards is playing at uni high this year. in the ruck and chf most likely.
played some ones games last year, might have heard the name when he kicked a goal from past the centre square and won almost footy legends this year. youtube it, its pretty cool.

oh and bentleigh in house fighting....tools

tom godsell from st bernards is playing at uni high this year. in the ruck and chf most likely.
played some ones games last year, might have heard the name when he kicked a goal from past the centre square and won almost footy legends this year. youtube it, its pretty cool.

And this relates to D3...how??

And this relates to D3...how??

UMMM it takes up a fair bit of brain power to work that one out Sniper. I know! Maybe it is because he is playing for Uni High who are in D3 last time i checked?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back