D3 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FREDWA49 said:
Popped out to WB on Sat and it was a pretty good game of footy. EW looked the better side early, and got clear twice in the 2nd qtr (16 goals combined) by 4 goals, but WB wouldn't let go. Ground was in disgraceful condition this early in season. WB's onballers simply dominated in the second half. (No 3 for WB was superb...hope that's not giving away too much !!!)

Mate of mine went to the Kew v St Marys game, describing it as pack rugby, sh$t standard, and he won't go to lower than C grade again...suggested not the best 2 teams in D3 to watch !

Is it any wonder when the ground is the smallest senior ground (besides nunawading) in victoria. Senior Football shouldn't be allowed to play on a ground like this and with poor facilities as well.

St Mary's continually play 2 behind the ball which leads to floods and big packs. They will get murdered on big grounds!!!

oldtimer said:
Is it any wonder when the ground is the smallest senior ground (besides nunawading) in victoria. Senior Football shouldn't be allowed to play on a ground like this and with poor facilities as well.

St Mary's continually play 2 behind the ball which leads to floods and big packs. They will get murdered on big grounds!!!

Does this assessment of ground size include:
a. Hawthorn Amateurs
b. Elsternwick?

Re: McGlede's tense response with respect to UHVUS card traders- cool your jets. Everyone else on this forum knows that you are in fact Mr Boyce.

knackers_2 said:
Does this assessment of ground size include:
a. Hawthorn Amateurs
b. Elsternwick?

Re: McGlede's tense response with respect to UHVUS card traders- cool your jets. Everyone else on this forum knows that you are in fact Mr Boyce.

Haven't seen Hawthorn and only seen Elsternwick when I have been on the main ground

Throw BHN into the small ground mix. May be a bit wider but isn't too much longer, if at all.

Not sure who Boyce is gents. Guess I'll now have to put up with the "Oh he denied it so it must be him" taunts but so be it...

oldtimer said:
Haven't seen Hawthorn and only seen Elsternwick when I have been on the main ground

Hawthorn are playing at Glenferrie Oval this year while they get new club rooms built, which is 40yrs long over due.

no31 said:
Hawthorn are playing at Glenferrie Oval this year while they get new club rooms built, which is 40yrs long over due.

If only they were in D3 and not slumming it. Actually, I don't think many clubs would be too upset about not seeing them in their division. Lauletta is just a misunderstood individual...

As for Boyce, no true follower of D3 football wouldn't at least know of him.

Can anyone tell me how Pavez is going for Westbourne??

He kicked some of the freakiest goals I have seen in the rain to help get Westbourne over the line against Kew in the 04 Grand Final.

I'm wondering if any of the semi-professional clubs have thrown some money to poach him away from the ammos.

I heard wispers that Albanvale offered pavez $50 a game and incentives, that possibly means a free hotdog down there and I think there was a bit of interest from Deer Park! Would have to be one of the hardest blokes to man up on each week, great player.

The man they call 'swoopa', Frank Pavez, is going along nicely this year, has not kicked as many goals as previous years due to more time in the midfield, and has been in OW best 3 out of four weeks. Was BOG against Kew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Kade Lever for Westbourne?

I think he won the B&F in their premiership year and couldn't get a kick last year.

Hows he going?

I have a mate that said Kad Lever is going Overseas in a couple of weeks, so I don't think we will be seeing much of him in 2006. Trekking in Peru, would be interesting stuff!!

Bull's trunks said:
I have a mate that said Kad Lever is going Overseas in a couple of weeks, so I don't think we will be seeing much of him in 2006. Trekking in Peru, would be interesting stuff!!

Gee, he will be a huge loss for Westbourne. He gives so much drive out of defence.

Although I heard from one of the Uni High players that he was one of the main offenders kicking for goal last week. 2 goals from 10 shots he said!

If Kade could kick straight he'd be very dangerous.

kade lever is definately a massive loss to OW, but new player to the club brain knee, and kris miller, still provide plenty of run from the backline for the warriors. Apparently knee is a huge pick up for OW, coming across from east keilor, and is on line for the warriors B&F

Who is Kris Muller? What number does he wear?

The OW backline is certainly very strong, against Elsternwick they were under a lot of fire and although lost, at the end of the day weathered the storm quite well I thought. Will be interesting to see how they go against the likes of Bentleigh, Sth Melb and East Bruns. Definantly looking forward to those games.

Bull's trunks said:
Who is Kris Muller? What number does he wear?

The OW backline is certainly very strong, against Elsternwick they were under a lot of fire and although lost, at the end of the day weathered the storm quite well I thought. Will be interesting to see how they go against the likes of Bentleigh, Sth Melb and East Bruns. Definantly looking forward to those games.

Not sure about Kris Miller's number. They seem to have a few Millers on their list, so must be a big family.

I think their key to this season seems to be the Big guy up forward - Bullock I think is his name.

Seems to have a great pair of hands when we played against Old Westbourne. And always seemed to slip out of tackles. Stuggled for accuracy in front of goal though.

It seems that ELSTERNWICK - C.MAHONY and ELSTERNWICK - D.GRACE are the only representatives from D3 in the A-D4 rep squad, certainly poses the question, it is easier to make the team if you club is based at the vafa headquarters, good luck to them I say.

Game of the round this week elsternwick vs Souths, will show where each of the teams are at.

As for Balloch have seen him in the goals each week, serviceable player I think but nothing special, probably still carrying to much weight to make an impact on the competition.

Bull's trunks said:
It seems that ELSTERNWICK - C.MAHONY and ELSTERNWICK - D.GRACE are the only representatives from D3 in the A-D4 rep squad, certainly poses the question, it is easier to make the team if you club is based at the vafa headquarters, good luck to them I say.

Game of the round this week elsternwick vs Souths, will show where each of the teams are at.

As for Balloch have seen him in the goals each week, serviceable player I think but nothing special, probably still carrying to much weight to make an impact on the competition.

I think that the extra weight Balloch is carrying actually works to his strengths.

But I cannot believe only two players from D3 were nominated.

Surely Duncan Benn from Old Westbourne must be the best full back going around?? He also has the best afro!

mcglede said:
On a side note - good to see Warrior trying to keep it consistent. No names though mate? Come on - where's the consistency?? :)

Not trying to keep anything consistent mcglede. Will continue to write what I want regardless of your interpretations. Don't flatter yourself that I took any of your postings into consideration when I post myself.

As for names. I can think of a couple I'd like to say but last time tibia called you something you whinged about hiding behind pseudonyms. As for me, next time you watch OW play I'll have #24 on my back.

Why don't you show some consistency with me and name yourself?

Old Warrior said:
Not trying to keep anything consistent mcglede. Will continue to write what I want regardless of your interpretations. Don't flatter yourself that I took any of your postings into consideration when I post myself.

As for names. I can think of a couple I'd like to say but last time tibia called you something you whinged about hiding behind pseudonyms. As for me, next time you watch OW play I'll have #24 on my back.

Why don't you show some consistency with me and name yourself?

Playing at HQ probably helps however one would be kidding themselves if they thought EAFC picked the side.

Craig Mahony is a proven, proven talent and would be among the best week-in week-out in A grade if he were playing there while I will admit some surprise to see Grace in there, but it's unlikely both will make the team anyway given they are D3.

I don't usually see the Reserves Old Warrior, so you'll have to help me out a bit! Number 24?

Can somebody explain to me how the clearance systme works in the VAFA. Reason I ask is that a player from my club up the bush applied for a clearance on April 19, played for his VAFA club on April 22 having not been cleared, and then when our club rejected the clearance for certain reasons, the VAFA stamped it approved on April 29th - whats the go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back