D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interested to see how UHS-VU go after being the easy-beats in 2006, dropping down to win a flag, then straight back up. Likewise Eltham who have been amongst the best in D4 for a number of years now without ever being able to make it to the big one.

Out of interest, when was the last time Eltham progressed through the levels? Don't remember them being out of D4 for a little while now.

Also interesting will be the fortunes of St Johns and Williamstown, both of whom won a number of matches in D2 in 2007 and were, perhaps, unlucky to be relegated. Similar, I guess, to Bentleigh a couple of years ago.

Other favourites? Surely Hawthorn would want to build on a 2007 season that saw them exceed all external expectations, despite choking in the finals.

Elsternwick clearly the strongest side outside of the final 4, with a scary finish to the year that would have had those above them relieved that they didn't make it. Always seem to have injury problems, but if they sort those out then they must be an early front-runner.

I'll have to disagree with that.

From seeing both Uni and ELtham first hand this year im certain both if not definately one will play finals.

However have heard couple of big names from turtle land maybe headed to Trinity?? any truth there port man?

I know exactly who your talking about and he is one of my best mates, he has 'promised' that he is not playing there.... If he ever left the club im sure he would head into the DVFL and get some of that cash they thro around.....

That is one of the biggest challanges our young list will face, as ive said before it is a bonus in one sense being smack in the middle of the DVFL and any unhappy and fed up players are attacted to the club, but in the other sense one day some of the talent may chase coin....

gday all,

thought i would share some thoughts with you with whats happening out west.now that westbourne has left d3, i will jump on board with info from willi's side of things.looks like that we will be playing at the fearon reserve again next season,after a year away from there.pre-season started first week of november,with our new coach and quite a number of players.it ended last week,with a total of 50+ new faces,as well as some regulars.the amount of numbers exceeded expectations,so a big season is on the way,with the coach wanting at least a top 2 finish.everyone is looking forward to the new season,so bring it on.

gday all,

thought i would share some thoughts with you with whats happening out west.now that westbourne has left d3, i will jump on board with info from willi's side of things.looks like that we will be playing at the fearon reserve again next season,after a year away from there.pre-season started first week of november,with our new coach and quite a number of players.it ended last week,with a total of 50+ new faces,as well as some regulars.the amount of numbers exceeded expectations,so a big season is on the way,with the coach wanting at least a top 2 finish.everyone is looking forward to the new season,so bring it on.

How many sides are you going to field with 50+ recruits? 3 or 4?

having 50+ new recruits at pre-season doesnt mean they will all stay.especially with trying to get clearances etc.but we will definately field two sides,see what happens in the next couple of months.but if we can snag some of them,especially the guys from yarraville wrfl, we will be a top side thats for sure. dont worry about st.johns, they werent very good last season,we beat them twice.apart from cachia and pattie who are very good players, i dont see them being a threat.unless they recruit very well.

2008 season starters,
ELSTERNWICK
ELTHAM O C
HAWTHORN
LaTROBE UNI
MONASH GRYPHONS
POWER HOUSE
St JOHNS O C
SWINBRUNE UNI
UHS VU
WILLIAMSTOWN CYMS
Any coaching changes? Departures? Pre season? Anything?

Hey, i just have a question i come from Echuca and iam studying Uni at Swinburne Uni and i just wont to have a kick while studying and whats there side like?? 1's and 2's?? good club? social??
thank-you

Dont knw about swinburne, but most of the uni sides are good clubs to be a part of good culture with alot of young blokes. VIC UNI have a lot of younger uni guys down this year to build on top of last year. Would have to say not a massive fan of swinburnes ground though. Best uni ground would be la trobe.

Now I'm not pretending that I am not biased but the guys down at Swinburne are a great young bunch of guys that have a great time whilst having a kick on the side. Last year we won the Reserves Premiership whilst in the seniors we dropped away late in the season after being in the top 4 at the halfway mark.
We'd love to have you down to training which starts next week, just send me a message and I'll let you know all the details.

2008 season starters,
ELSTERNWICK
ELTHAM O C
HAWTHORN
LaTROBE UNI
MONASH GRYPHONS
POWER HOUSE
St JOHNS O C
SWINBRUNE UNI
UHS VU
WILLIAMSTOWN CYMS
Any coaching changes? Departures? Pre season? Anything?

JUST HEARD A RUMOUR THAT PAUL EDWARDS HAS LEFT POWERHOUSE AND GONE BACK TO THERRY PENOLA! RUMOUR HAS IT HE GOT AN OFFER HE COULD NOT REFUSE!

So what does any1 think the top 4 will be like. Does any1 rate the to promoted from d4 eltham and uhsob, any chance of top 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what does any1 think the top 4 will be like. Does any1 rate the to promoted from d4 eltham and uhsob, any chance of top 4

middle of the pack this year I'd say. I'd be surprised to see either of them back in D4 in 09. Unless they have a bunch of walkouts.

Im at uni high, from the looks of training we havnt lost any1 so far, fair few of us are up from gisborne way so got some new guys from the bfl to come down to training.

our preseason has started at willy,lots of new recruits from wrfl who have had enough of their comp,maybe a biased prediction,but we will finish top two.and im willing to put money on winning the flag.forget the past few seasons from us.injuries,players leaving and coaching staff have been costly.but with a new coach,who will certainly put the fear into our young list about discipline issues,and with a few key players (one in particular who will be talked about quite often i suspect),im very confident of a great year.ive played against all of the teams in our comp over the years,(except for eltham)and unless theyve recruited, they arent much chop!

look out!

I thought I was going to miss the guys from Westourne on this forum with the tickets on themselves, but it looks like the boys down at Williamstown are going to slip right into their position.

I think we will win the flag, we have 50 new guys on the track, a new coach who doesn't take any rubbish. I love it.

By the way who is going to win the league B&F? Dave Lee I would suggest.

our preseason has started at willy,lots of new recruits from wrfl who have had enough of their comp,maybe a biased prediction,but we will finish top two.and im willing to put money on winning the flag.forget the past few seasons from us.injuries,players leaving and coaching staff have been costly.but with a new coach,who will certainly put the fear into our young list about discipline issues,and with a few key players (one in particular who will be talked about quite often i suspect),im very confident of a great year.ive played against all of the teams in our comp over the years,(except for eltham)and unless theyve recruited, they arent much chop!

look out!

Good to see williamstown are confident and pumped for a big year. Who are some of these key players you've mentioned? Past players or new recruits?

I thought I was going to miss the guys from Westourne on this forum with the tickets on themselves, but it looks like the boys down at Williamstown are going to slip right into their position.

I think we will win the flag, we have 50 new guys on the track, a new coach who doesn't take any rubbish. I love it.

By the way who is going to win the league B&F? Dave Lee I would suggest.

At least the westbourne boys were able to back it up by smashing most sides week in week out. For what it's worth Elsternwick will be very hard to beat this year.

look out!
Sounds like it is all happening down at williamstown, but last year heard it all the time from saint mary's and they were given the sadness. Whats the average age down there VU would have one of the youngest sides

At least the westbourne boys were able to back it up by smashing most sides week in week out. For what it's worth Elsternwick will be very hard to beat this year.

Have they recruited well? I heard a little whisper that they may struggle a little due to the fact that 3 or 4 of their best player are heading OS very shortly!

Have they recruited well? I heard a little whisper that they may struggle a little due to the fact that 3 or 4 of their best player are heading OS very shortly!

I wouldnt balme them after having to play a whole year on that ground of theirs. I would rather play on a basketball court in thongs all year than there ground.

its great when teams r full of emselves like stmarys (sh!!T blokes) 18-0 18-0! they even brought an exercise bike to an away game, then they lost.. every time we played em. Good well done, i suppose if u cant finish top two, just merge with a club who has earned a place in a higher grade and leech of them.. Its better being underrated, at least that way when u beat a club expecting a walk through, u really stick it up em.. Elsternwicks ground was pretty bad, was half expecting to find some kind of vagrant sleeping in the centre square at half time..they seemed alright though, its always good when a team comes 2 play, gives it all, and not just talk crap..

its great when teams r full of emselves like stmarys (sh!!T blokes) 18-0 18-0! they even brought an exercise bike to an away game, then they lost.. every time we played em. Good well done, i suppose if u cant finish top two, just merge with a club who has earned a place in a higher grade and leech of them.. Its better being underrated, at least that way when u beat a club expecting a walk through, u really stick it up em.. Elsternwicks ground was pretty bad, was half expecting to find some kind of vagrant sleeping in the centre square at half time..they seemed alright though, its always good when a team comes 2 play, gives it all, and not just talk crap..

Well said nikko teen. But box hills groung was pretty average as well... how do u think the ladder will shape up this year..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back