D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was standing next to him as he vented at the umpire - what was quoted earlier is not what he said. I don't believe what he said actually warranted a red card either, but it was directed at the umpire. The most appropriate decision was probably a further 25, however the 25 he had already given away put our recipient on the goal line, and i think influenced the umpires decision. Maybe he forgot about the yellow card in his pocket.

Did he contest the charge?

He is contesting the charge, it was postponed last night because the umpire couldn't make it (or had not decided what his version of events would be) if you were standing next to him what exactly did he say?

This weeks selections.......

one's
EP to make it three in a row against SM (10g)
Saints x 14g over NB
Kew x 10g over Bulleen
BH x 6 g over Syndal
WB x 5g at home vs AP (biggest test to date for the Beaurepaire lads)
Mountain men x 1g against RC

two's
EP x 12g against SM
NB x 10g at home suddenly to strong for SFX
Kew x 15g vs BC
BH to beat Syndal x 2g
WB x 8g vs AP
RC x 1g vs MTL

Hey Sneako, my nomination is T.Wall in the guts (MTL) and maybe your modest self at CHB....I also hear that a certain CHB will be missing for the season with a busted arm, is that correct?

Hey Sneako, my nomination is T.Wall in the guts (MTL) and maybe your modest self at CHB....I also hear that a certain CHB will be missing for the season with a busted arm, is that correct?[/quote]

Good call on T.Wall, so consistant. I named him as a darky for the D4 BnF a few weeks ago.
Well I wont talk myself up on here as I would not want to create a backlash on me.(i.e Ruck Machine)
Broken arm???? You crack me up tunnelball. I will miss this week against Rich.C, but then hopefully back to knock of the A.Park crew and shut down their forwards. OOOP's I accidentally talked myself up!;)

Tips For The upcoming Round:
1's
E.Park v Sth.Morn----E.P by 6 goals
Nth.B v S.F.X----S.F.X to bounce back by 12 goals
B.H.N v S.T.HO----B.H.N by a fair bit at home. 15 goals
Rich.C V Mt.L----Mt.L by 5 goals
W.B v A.Park----W.B to put a stop to the A.P boys run. 10 goals
Kew v Bull.C----Kew by 20 goals

2's
E.park, S.F.X, B.H.N, Mt.L, A.Park, Kew.

Nah Ness, if they had 2 RM's they play the 2nd one in the Ruck ... he is RUCK MACHINE after all.
Not that Machine needs his tyres pumped by me, he inflates them very well himself, but:
you are dead right. If BHN had two of him one would be in the ruck. The coaching staff would love to play him there, but he is close to unbeatable at this level as a full back.
And although he blows his own trumpet a bit on this forum, he is the ultimate team player on a Saturday. Some very good players are unassuming and prefer not to talk about themselves. Machine loves a challenge, in the style of Akker or Ali, and puts pressure on himself to perform by constantly challengeing other teams to find someone to beat him through this forum.

Cane him for his comments you may, but you can not challenge his record stretching back 3 years on some quality fwds. Often Whiting, Viola or the like are moved up the ground to get away from him.
Why are BHN not challenging for Premierships. For whatever reasons, the last 2 seasons they have not had an effective midfield. In Irvine and Machine they have 2 of the best key position defenders in the league. Problem is they are probably the best 2 on ballers BHN have as well. BHN are not good enough at present to challenge for a flag.
But this should not stop 2 players who have one their position all year, being considered for the team of the year.
Machine has been honoured in that team in the previous seasons. From what I understand it was from his well respected opponents recommendations.
So if Edwards and Lauletta can recommend Machine, why should he not recommend Roberts?

On another note: I found West Brun to be a very good team who were in no way arseholes. Don't confuse them with a certain team who left us for D2 glory . We all want to see a close finals campaign, but respect WB for what they are. Just coz they kick your arse on the scoreboard does not make them unsociable.

Finally:
The elbowing of a Richmond player was unfortunate and reportable had an umpire witnessed. All at BHN hope there is no long term damage to the Snakes player.
The perpitrator was spoken to by the BHN coaching staff and was remorseful. He swore it was not premeditated. He certainly intended heavey body contact, as he had been doing fairly all day. The Richmond player moved slightly to avoid the contact and the BHN players elbow came out as he strained to make contact.
Very poor technique, and the result is unacceptable. He has been sent back to the 2s or 3s for the time being. This combined with the even up big hit to his swollen cheeck should be enough to make him choose a tackle next time.

I found West Brun to be a very good team who were in no way arseholes. Don't confuse them with a certain team who left us for D2 glory . We all want to see a close finals campaign, but respect WB for what they are. Just coz they kick your arse on the scoreboard does not make them unsociable.

Totally agree, spy1. I tried sooo hard to recruit some of their blokes in the reserves for next year, but no luck. Maybe should have concentrated game more....

huru

Who is saying they are a shoe-in for the flag?
I think we have already established that you are a former WB player who left mid season to Bentleigh a few years ago, quite possibly for cash. Go back to Carrum.

do we know each other, peter pan??

I think we do.
What takes you to Carrum Stewie? and what brings you to the D4 board? Surely your boys didn't work so hard to get up the grades only to keep looking over your shoulder.

Working hard? Must be a fair commute from the seaside.

so you go by this name as well then?

couldnt afford to live in west brunswick anymore & moved bayside. i have a keen interest in d4 football & enjoy the banter about whats said here daily of the teams competing. we like to take a note of opposition clubs & see how theyre travelling in case we may play them in the next couple of years... plan ahead, so to speak.

a b c sections dont appeal to me at all & its refreshing to hear whats happening in the grades below d2. as its been well documented, the vafa doesnt care much for d grade football & its great to see the passion players have for their teams here.

**laugh** its always a pleasant journey up the nepean... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**laugh** as he says no cash at bentleigh, peter pan...

Redgum knows you, I know you and you know you, so we should all know that you aren't exactly the player who could command an illicit cash payment for a game of footy in the VAFA. In the ressies. In D2.

Up doing a bit of recruiting up along the border last weekend, and watched a match between 2 murray league teams, and the full forward for 1 team who is averaging 8 a game struts down to full foward at the start of the game and walks up to the pack of defenders and asks "so who wants to have 8 kicked on them today"

Now imagine if ruck machine and this bloke played on each other, or would there simply not be enough room in the 1 goal square for both of there massive ego's....LOL.

Up doing a bit of recruiting up along the border last weekend, and watched a match between 2 murray league teams, and the full forward for 1 team who is averaging 8 a game struts down to full foward at the start of the game and walks up to the pack of defenders and asks "so who wants to have 8 kicked on them today"

Now imagine if ruck machine and this bloke played on each other, or would there simply not be enough room in the 1 goal square for both of there massive ego's....LOL.

So did you see Moama play? I see that Djaran Whyman is playing up there. He'd be a fair player in that grade of footy wouldn't he?

Your Majesty;
Were they selling grog at the country game?What was the behaviour like?If you can remember:D

So did you see Moama play? I see that Djaran Whyman is playing up there. He'd be a fair player in that grade of footy wouldn't he?

Yes it was moama v deni, Djaran Whyman does play up there but rumour has it didn't play against deni because of an incident from their earlier incounter. For $1300 a game you would expect a little bit of heart wouldn't you. May have thought that it was going to be an easy win for them but deni was up by about 3 goals at 3/4 time only to be rolled by 2 after the superstar foward actually got a few.

Your Majesty;
Were they selling grog at the country game?What was the behaviour like?If you can remember:D

After shot gunning my tenth can just before the start of the 2nd quater its all a bit fuzzy, but i have been told we won the fight;);):D:D

In all seriousness, yes they were selling grog at the game and the crowd was well behaved, no more abuse yelled out at the players than at a D4 ammos game with 10 times the amount of people at the game.

The ammos goes on about it being the family league where you can take your kids and not have to worry about the crowd, but to me country footy has it all over them in this regard as the whole family takes part in the day. With the under 14 boys kicking off the day on the footy field and a full arrangement of netball games going on aswell, you have the whole family there, fathers, mothers, sons and daughter all competing for the same team. To me you cant bet that.

After shot gunning my tenth can just before the start of the 2nd quater its all a bit fuzzy, but i have been told we won the fight;);):D:D

In all seriousness, yes they were selling grog at the game and the crowd was well behaved, no more abuse yelled out at the players than at a D4 ammos game with 10 times the amount of people at the game.

The ammos goes on about it being the family league where you can take your kids and not have to worry about the crowd, but to me country footy has it all over them in this regard as the whole family takes part in the day. With the under 14 boys kicking off the day on the footy field and a full arrangement of netball games going on aswell, you have the whole family there, fathers, mothers, sons and daughter all competing for the same team. To me you cant bet that.

10 times 3 = 30 people - worthy of a "Blockbuster" title!

I agree - the VAFA doesn't have a pinch on country leagues as far as 'family football' goes. It just isn't possible to come close in the big smoke, and I think there has been an error in direction made by HQ quite some time ago. Too late now to change it - best to forge ahead with the original plan.

I used to play at Milawa in the O & K league, and there was never a problem with people drinking except for the hang-overs the next day!

I also used to play in the DVFL - many moons ago, and it was never a drama there either.......There where fights, but it never seemed to be the drunks fighting, more the angry feral mothers and other women.
However given the current stance in both governments re: binge drinking, the chances of changing this rule are 0%........

Bit disappointing from the VAFA record again this week.
Last week we had Sholly's rubbish on the first page and then had our milestone player's name shortened to just his nickname.

This week, 'Jezza' was acknowledged for his milestone - but which milestone????? For those who are wondering - its JEREMY FREEMAN's 200th but obviously it was too hard to put his full name - and the amount of games he has played in the section.

This might sound petty to some of you. But I don't give a *****. We're talking about an absolute legend of our club who will go down as one of the best servants to the North Brunswick Footy Club's history and one of the best people involved in the VAFA.

Bit disappointing from the VAFA record again this week.
Last week we had Sholly's rubbish on the first page and then had our milestone player's name shortened to just his nickname.

This week, 'Jezza' was acknowledged for his milestone - but which milestone????? For those who are wondering - its JEREMY FREEMAN's 200th but obviously it was too hard to put his full name - and the amount of games he has played in the section.

This might sound petty to some of you. But I don't give a *****. We're talking about an absolute legend of our club who will go down as one of the best servants to the North Brunswick Footy Club's history and one of the best people involved in the VAFA.

How was it submitted to the ammo's? Usually they put it in exactly how you write it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back