D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i played that game, he actually didnt swear, another player from our team did, i think he said "f** pass it" or something like that, cos he wanted a goal, but the ump heard it and stripped him of the goal.. The ump also heard someone swear, dont know if it was one of uni high or not, right after lilly kicked a goal, so he counted the goal, then gave em a free on the goalline and gave em another.. lucky we were up by 15goals at the time so it didnt matter or it really woulda been annoying.

Hate saying it but he was a terrible umpire.......... But apart from that lilidale arnt that bad.

Best ressies team we played were south mornington the first time we played them some players were apologising for takling us.

Hate saying it but he was a terrible umpire.......... But apart from that lilidale arnt that bad.

Best ressies team we played were south mornington the first time we played them some players were apologising for takling us.

Yeah they were a good bunch of blokes, felt sorry 4 the 2 guys whose car broke down at brens and couldnt get home, they were still at our clubrooms at like 1030pm.. how stiff were they? Syndal were ok to play aswell..

Yeah they were a good bunch of blokes, felt sorry 4 the 2 guys whose car broke down at brens and couldnt get home, they were still at our clubrooms at like 1030pm.. how stiff were they? Syndal were ok to play aswell..

Syndal were ok, you would agree that two of the worst to play were stmary's and nrth brunswick

Seniors were good at times, made finals but were smashed by st mary's. If they pick up a few new player this year dont see why they wouldnt make finals again. There ressies where yuk, both times we played them it was 110 point wins also there ressies umpire is there worst i have ever seen kicked a goal and he disallowed it because i swore after kicking it

Same thing happened to us at their ground. We were also penalised a couple of times for tackling too hard??! The umpire we had the most trouble with in the ressies was Sth Morningtons. He sent a few of our players off for various silly reasons in a close game.

We just about always manage to have a touch up with NB... not that there's anything too wrong with that. Their fans certainly get into the game :)

St Mary's gets accused by a few posters of poor off-field sportsmanship... They've been fine when i've played them though.

Pisani, I hear wat you are saying. I remeber some of the Sth Morn boys said sorry to me after tackling me or spoiling me hard. I remember turning to the poor bloke and telling him not to worry, it was fair and we are playing footy, he felt better after that and went on to play a good game.

Having said that though, I know where these poor kids get it from. A few instances last year when I tackled someone, or spoiled them Or shepard them hard, these morons would get up and have a go. Now Im big enough to hold my own, but these poor kids who are just trying to play the game get a little disillusioned by it all.

Wat I will say is blokes, we are playing Footy, its a physical game, as long as its fair and within the rules, then all is good, but if you dont like the physical part of the game, Then go and play a none physical game like, Basketball or Netball for some of you girls out there.!!!!

As for the ressie's umpires, we cant do anything about it in the ammo's. Each club provides an umpire and most do a fantastic job, but there are some that only know how to umpire for there club. Its not just D4 either, I have played C grade ammo's and it happens up there as well..so until the league can recruit another 150 or so umpires, then we have to live with it.

Same thing happened to us at their ground. We were also penalised a couple of times for tackling too hard??! The umpire we had the most trouble with in the ressies was Sth Morningtons. He sent a few of our players off for various silly reasons in a close game.

That ump from Sth Morn ressies was almost as bad as the one from Uni High.....both had their hearts in the right place but no player management skills.......

Must say our bloke at centrals wasn't too flash at times either but at least knew how to talk to the players and keep them calm:cool:

Dont envy their roles though.......

As for the ressie's umpires, we cant do anything about it in the ammo's. Each club provides an umpire and most do a fantastic job, but there are some that only know how to umpire for there club. Its not just D4 either, I have played C grade ammo's and it happens up there as well..so until the league can recruit another 150 or so umpires, then we have to live with it.

The cost of that many umpires would be prohibitive for the clubs. Insurance / subs would increase just too much.

Playing with club umpires looking after the games is tough; but it's every bit as hard actually umpiring blokes you've played footy with. There's nothing good about that...

who umpires your 2nds pisani18?

Wat I will say is blokes, we are playing Footy, its a physical game, as long as its fair and within the rules, then all is good, but if you dont like the physical part of the game, Then go and play a none physical game like, Basketball or Netball for some of you girls out there.!!!!

Great call Taskmaster. I think it almost needs to be re-iterated throughout the footy community in general that it is ablokes game. Nothing nasty or dirty, just hard!

As for Sth Mornington, one of our guys at centrals got cleaned up by the best hip and shoulder I have seen in years. Sent our guy to hospital for the afternoon and we where all unhappy about it at the time, but we still talk about how hard and fair it was! Perfectly timed bump. Funny thing is he didn't apologise to our guy at the time.......couldn't wake him up!

what problems did you have with the 2 teams

First time we played st mary's in 2006, we had 15 players in the 2s and 1 of them had red hair and never played footy in his life. they beat us by bout 40points which wasnt that bad back then. But they insited on laughing us of the ground and signing the song in the middle of the ground as we walked off, so beating them 3 times this year was good.

In regards to Nrth Bruns its not the players as such but the crowd, trying to take the kick from full back a nrth brun supporter refused to give the ball to me untill every1 in nrth brun were ready it would of been a good minute then he through the ball away and when we were loosing it really got to me and nikko teen. So also beating them the nxt time in the finals was good as well

Tony Boyce is our ressies umpire....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys i live in sth east melbourne but was considering pulling on the boots to play with a few mates who are looking at playing for Mt Lilydale.
all new players.

might come down for and see how training goes in a couple of weeks if i get really keen.
the way you describe the VAFA sounds like just the environment we are looking for.

can i ask how competitive Mt Lilydale was last year?
in both seniors and reserves?

Looking forward to maybe seeing you down at training soon D4 wanna. We have a lot of blokes from out your way at the club that make the long trip out east for training.

As for how we faired last year......Seniors managed to make finals but got smashed by St Mary's in a very one sided match, needless to say we were absolutely embarrased by our performance on the day but we are looking to make ammends this year.
The reserves battled hard all year for numbers and experience, but we expected that after coming up from the clubbies the year before and trying to get a second team of 18 on the park, but we managed a couple of good wins at the end of the year over side that had destroyed us earlier in the year when we could get some injured players back and the younger blokes had a bit more experience under their belts.

does that happen often? giving a free kick away for tackling too hard?
reserves or seniors or both?

still trying to get a handle on the VAFA.
thanks guys

Nah mate! It is true that the reserves umpires can be a bit soft at times but the seniors are generally hard but fair.

Why? How hard do you wanna hit? Hard I hope, and bring it to training.

Yeah i remember that Pisani.. (the nth brunnie guy not giving the ball back) As far as i remember he was a toothless, mindless, godless parastitc rabid dogs ringworm.. Well we got them all back when we beat them in the finals and at their home ground.. suck.. As for marys ive never met a bigger bunch **** in my life, i mean come on, bringing an excersise bike to an away game in d4 ammos? WTF go for a jog to warm up idiots.

Seniors were good at times, made finals but were smashed by st mary's. If they pick up a few new player this year dont see why they wouldnt make finals again. There ressies where yuk, both times we played them it was 110 point wins also there ressies umpire is there worst i have ever seen kicked a goal and he disallowed it because i swore after kicking it

In Mt Lilydales defense, our reserves umpire last year was not well respected or liked at the club either.
He was our umpire in both seniors and reserves out of the lack of having anyone else capable of doing it on a regular basis.
It was not just the opposition that were baffled by his decision making or lack off it in some cases as many players including myself had many heated arguments with him on the field as he had a tendency to forget where he was and actually start confrontations with his smart mouth.
Needless to say he will not be at the club this year and we have already secured an experienced and respected umpire from the EFL for the year.

In Mt Lilydales defense, our reserves umpire last year was not well respected or liked at the club either.
He was our umpire in both seniors and reserves out of the lack of having anyone else capable of doing it on a regular basis.
It was not just the opposition that were baffled by his decision making or lack off it in some cases as many players including myself had many heated arguments with him on the field as he had a tendency to forget where he was and actually start confrontations with his smart mouth.
Needless to say he will not be at the club this year and we have already secured an experienced and respected umpire from the EFL for the year.

Well done........... All the best for this year then hope your 2s side can string a few more together next year

Yeah well done, i cant imagine having that dude every week, but u guys were good to play against at least. Might see u guys in d3 next year!

Wanna,the only time i'd give a free for toohard is if it was high or in the back or charging and as for using language on field you only get penalized if it is capable of being heard from the boundry line and that's no with a free but a yellow card and sent of for 15 min. but not reported,
Oh btw wanna did i mention that i'm the resident white maggot:eek:

Yeah i remember that Pisani.. (the nth brunnie guy not giving the ball back) As far as i remember he was a toothless, mindless, godless parastitc rabid dogs ringworm.. Well we got them all back when we beat them in the finals and at their home ground.. suck.. As for marys ive never met a bigger bunch **** in my life, i mean come on, bringing an excersise bike to an away game in d4 ammos? WTF go for a jog to warm up idiots.

Did they bring their own beer too? They bought crownies to the snake pit and drank them instead of buying ours....which is usually a quid-pro-quo tradition.......

First time we played st mary's in 2006, we had 15 players in the 2s and 1 of them had red hair and never played footy in his life. they beat us by bout 40points which wasnt that bad back then. But they insited on laughing us of the ground and signing the song in the middle of the ground as we walked off, so beating them 3 times this year was good.

In regards to Nrth Bruns its not the players as such but the crowd, trying to take the kick from full back a nrth brun supporter refused to give the ball to me untill every1 in nrth brun were ready it would of been a good minute then he through the ball away and when we were loosing it really got to me and nikko teen. So also beating them the nxt time in the finals was good as well

Tony Boyce is our ressies umpire....
Is this the same day your feral u19's lined up in front of the rooms trying to incite nth brunswick players , and your reserves umpire is the biggest cheat in any grade of football as is well documented . Get back to D3 forums

just got back in town and logged on. saw some articles on D4 vs EFL 3rd div. EFL 3 div would pump the absolute %^$#@* out of anything in D4 (sorry) The best in EFL 4 would also pump ammo4 best. I believe BHN played Glen Hawks in practice match (i know) and got beat. hawks won their first game (EFL) in 50 rounds late last year. Have watched both comps. and their is a hell of difference but ammo Div 4 is improving a heap of a lot over the past few years. Onwards and upwards.
icon7.gif

My New 2008 Ladder Prediction
1. West Brunswick
2. Box Hill North
3. SFX
4. Albert Park
5. Mt Lilydale
6. Kew
7. Richmond Central
8. Eley Park
9. North Brunswick
10. Syndal