D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a shocker in one game last year. Everyone knew it was clearly a point and it was given a goal by a reserves player from the same club. Changed the whole trend of the game. Earlier in the year, one of our players kicked one and the goal umpire called it a point - we lost by 4 points, I think, that game.

The second one was an error - no foul play is being suggested- but its hard to take when that happens in the final minutes and you lose by under a kick.

In the GF last year, prob the worst decision i have ever ever seen, a goal was given after the ball quite obviously smashed into the goal post.. Couldnt believe when the fieldie came up to the golie n said "that hit the post" there was nothing he could do.. We didnt lose by 5 so its not as bad, but it was at a crucial part of the game nonetheless..

Re: Round 1 Odds

I managed to snaffle a Six Pack of the Syndal Corona Brew, not bad.

Gotta love Syndal, I won the BOG in the ressies last year! (That is amazing enough in itself)... and was rewarded with a six pack of expired Carlton Cold :) Yum!

Gotta love Syndal, I won the BOG in the ressies last year! (That is amazing enough in itself)... and was rewarded with a six pack of expired Carlton Cold :) Yum!

thats where i got my home brews.. i mean, u would expect a bottle of moonshine from elthams copperhead road brewery, but syndal?

Round 1 Richmond @ North Brunswick has been relocated to Kevin Bartlett Reserve...

:p
Round 1 Richmond @ North Brunswick has been relocated to Kevin Bartlett Reserve...

Good for us, but a real bummer for the NB Boys.

Councils should reallt start to value the true impact of local sports. Not just $$$ values either.

Thats not what Brian Goodman told us last wednesday at the umpire session.

Just had it confirmed by the great man Brian himself. Clubbie field umpires cannot overrule any goalie (Bigwaz is correct), official field umpires can overrule a club goalie (I am correct).

It just depends whether the whistleblower is a man in white, or a Man in White.

Of course, the umps should confer, and reach an amicable and fair agreement, much to the delight and appreciation of the crowd.

Of course, the umps should confer, and reach an amicable and fair agreement, much to the delight and appreciation of the crowd.

I believe the suggestion is that the two umpires confer & the central should ask the goal umpire if he is 'sure he is sure'?

It's hard to be sure how much room there is to move. Last year in Round 1 against Eley Park I umpired the ressies & EP kicked what THEIR umpire called a point. I was right behind the flight of the ball & told the goal umpire it was a goal.

To be fair, they were 100+ points up at the time & I'm not certain that I'd be so chivalrous if it was time on in the last quarter with less than a kick in it. (They are meant to be in the best position to make the call...)

When we umpire we understand that we're not going to get 100% of the decisions correct, but you've got to be as balanced as possible.

As Tugga would tell us, the free kick count can be 40-10 in a game & it be the best you can umpire. In a general sense the team that's first in for the ball should receive the most free kicks.

It's a bugger of a job & worse when you umpire blokes that are mates. They're generally the worst!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:p

Good for us, but a real bummer for the NB Boys.

Councils should reallt start to value the true impact of local sports. Not just $$$ values either.

Yes, a bummer for us indeed Lakey. We haven't kicked off the year at home for years now - and traditionally we don't play KB that well(!!) - but what can you do. Thanks to you guys (Waz/Lakey) for your help in getting it relocated.

Kind of hard to have the ground ready when the council decides, in its infinite wisdom, to 'sow' it on the Monday before the first game.

Yes, a bummer for us indeed Lakey. We haven't kicked off the year at home for years now - and traditionally we don't play KB that well(!!) - but what can you do. Thanks to you guys (Waz/Lakey) for your help in getting it relocated.

Kind of hard to have the ground ready when the council decides, in its infinite wisdom, to 'sow' it on the Monday before the first game.

Not sure what council you're in, but ours were right on the money... They reseeded the day it started raining two weeks ago and the grass has come up well so far. A bit more rain and we might get it back up to 2005's standard.

how about some ladder predictions...

1. West Brunswick
2. SFX
3. Lilydale
4. BHN
5. Kew
6. Richmond Central
7. Albert Park
8. Eley Park
9. South Mornington (assuming a late season fall off again)
10. Bulleen
11. North Brunswick
12. Syndal

Not much between the bottom 9 sides I wouldn't have thought though...

1. WB 16-2
2. SFX 13-5
3. Kew 12-6
4. Mt L 11-7
5. BHN 11-7
6. RC 10-8
7. AP 9-9
8. EP 7-11
9. SM 7-11
10. STH 6-12
11. NB 4-14
12. BC 3-15

Yeah they were a good bunch of blokes, felt sorry 4 the 2 guys whose car broke down at brens and couldnt get home, they were still at our clubrooms at like 1030pm.. how stiff were they? Syndal were ok to play aswell..

G'day Nikko.
Just joined the sight a couple days ago, reading through the pages and found this from yourself regarding the broken down car! I was one of those blokes! It was good of the boys still left at the rooms to jumpstart us! :thumbsu:!
Looking forward to visiting the ground again later this year hopefully for the same result.:D

Just a general question for the white maggots;), if a ball that has been kicked at goal strikes the goal post, and the goal ump signals for a goal, but the field umpire can clearly see, and does see that it hit the post, can the fieldy overrule the goalie?
Club fieldies can only suggest that the club goalie might like to change their mind;
VAFA umps can overule a club goaly but cannot overule a VAFA goaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back