D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry waz I know you probably want to keep a lid on it but anything less than finals would be a major dissapointment after what I saw on Saturday.

I think you need to get a balance between enjoying success (especially after not having much a few years ago) and keeping a lid on it. Talking about playing finals after seeing 1 game might be stretching it a little, but I'm sure your positive enthusiasm is welcomed by a side that has struggled through the best part of this decade. I'm also pretty sure Big Waz isn't going to enforce a blanket media ban for Centrals supporters!

witnessed my first centrals win in 5 years on sat(last one was so long ago I played in it) and I was pretty impressed. Most of us old timers thought the club was just about dead and burried 2 years ago but the committee lead by waz have done a sensational job of turning it around. The rooms looked great, the food was good(even had fired dimmies and hot chips) and the footy was even better.

They should have won by atleast 100 points with 27 more scoring shots and most of those shots were set shots inside 30 pretty much in front. 3 goals 12 in the 2nd quarter alone. Looks like they have lost no players from last year and have picked up atleast half a dozen new players who you could argue were in the top 10-12 players in the side. Based on the 1 game I saw last year and this game the boys look atleast 10 goals better.

Sorry waz I know you probably want to keep a lid on it but anything less than finals would be a major dissapointment after what I saw on Saturday.

How did the massive sack go

You blokes must be getting used to getting pumped. Last years semi against StMary's, praccy against Chirnside Park and yesterday's game. All over 100 points. Can't be good for Morale.

Hmmmm.....Very observant of you TheMalachiCrunch, 3 embarrassing defeats in a row is certain to be a confidence zapping experience.
Then again....maybe it's all part of the plan my the mountain men to lull the rest of you into a false sense of security before peaking at the right end of the season:confused:
Just think back to last season when the Rams got off to a slow start with three losses in a row to the eventual top three teams in the division. Hmmm.....something to ponder there me thinks!!!!:cool:

I stand corrected. From all reports Eley Park played well but didn't run hard enough in defence to cover the forward style of play SFX had.
AND - West Brunswick with 44 scoring shots to 14... 5 of the 14 came in the last ten minutes when the game was pretty much all over, too. Mountaindale were alright in patches, but were no match. WB were far from unbeatable, but certainly had their measure comfortably. Will be good to see what transpires from here.

SM will be better if the fortnightly travel doesn't affect numbers too much.
AP are big improvers, more than I first thought. Keep an eye out!
Kew have temporarily forgotten how to win big. They'll remember soon enough. The cobras season may seem longer than the 17 ronuds they have left (nicely worded earlier, Spy1)
North Brunswick - have always liked to go the biff, not surprised that Centrals were on the receiving end of some
SFX appear to have the goods - we'll know how good they are when they play Kew, Mt Lilydale and WB.

Who the _____ are you pal! There was nobody from Nth Brunnie going 'the biff' you cretin. I copped a black eye from an accidental elbow, and there was one minor scuffle for the day early in the seniors.

Both games were played in good spirit with no malice from either side.

You are a _____wit.

Based on seeing and being on the receiving end of yesterdays performance by West Brunswick, I think it safe to say that all the hype over these boys is looking pretty spot on for the year. An almost certainty to be playing of in the Grand final come seasons end for both seniors and reserves.
However......By no means are they undefeatable by ANY club who shows up on the day prepared to run hard and put their body in at the contest. If you have the height and muscle to match it with West Brunswick then you can be sure to be right in the contest when it counts.:thumbsu:

I think you need to get a balance between enjoying success (especially after not having much a few years ago) and keeping a lid on it. Talking about playing finals after seeing 1 game might be stretching it a little, but I'm sure your positive enthusiasm is welcomed by a side that has struggled through the best part of this decade. I'm also pretty sure Big Waz isn't going to enforce a blanket media ban for Centrals supporters!

If I was still at the centrals and we did not make the finals I would be very dissapointed. Im not sure what the coaches and committee are aiming for I think it would be that.

What I know is the side won 7(i think) games last year. They have not lost anyone of any note(very rare in d4 ammos) and have picked up a stack of senior players including frankie who would have as much class in this comp as anyone, a key chf and a very good ruckman(did not play so im going on what ive been told) so they actually have a pretty good spine now. 2 of the main mids from last year are now playing in the back pocket so its fair to suggest the midfield has improved as well. What I noticed yeasterday was that alot of the players in the 2s were playing seniors last year and from all reports they still have another 6 or so senior players to come in. I think thats I pretty good argument for me to be suggesting anything less than finals would be a dissapointment. I'm not saying they are going to win it or anything but I think suggesting that they should make the top 5 is hardly stretching anything.

Who the _____ are you pal! There was nobody from Nth Brunnie going 'the biff' you cretin. I copped a black eye from an accidental elbow, and there was one minor scuffle for the day early in the seniors.

You are a _____wit.

Ozza this is the first time I have seen your boys play in many years and I must admit I was very impressed in the way they played. Saw one bloke throw one but that happens in every game. They played fair footy and the game was played in very good spirits from what I saw on the boundary. I must admit you guys did have a bit of a rep when I was playing but it looks like you have improved out of sight in that regard and full credit to your club for that.

How did the massive sack go

Went pretty well. He was dissapointed with his game but I would say he had it atleast 20 odd times and as usual used it very well(except in front of goal) Came in a little underdone and got better as the game went on. Took an absolute screamer late in the game. His class stands out and Id say he has improved alot since he went up the bush. Still likes to find space but definately wins alot more contested footy these days.

You are a _____wit.

Spot on Ozza. Certainly wasn't a dirty game in either grades. Willing at times, hard for sure but not dirty. Your number 24 in the magoo's did go hard at the man in the tight contests but shouldn't we all? (Not a bad bloke either.)

I thought the day was enjoyed in great spirits even if my beloved "Two's" just failed to get up. (15 goal turn around from last year though....)

Only shame is we don't get to play you guys again this year. (Except for finals???????)

Still thought the incident where the bloke got hit in the head with the footy (3rd quarter in the one's) was one of the funniest things I've seen!

Ozza this is the first time I have seen your boys play in many years and I must admit I was very impressed in the way they played. Saw one bloke throw one but that happens in every game. They played fair footy and the game was played in very good spirits from what I saw on the boundary. I must admit you guys did have a bit of a rep when I was playing but it looks like you have improved out of sight in that regard and full credit to your club for that.

I think your comments are pretty fair Ant.

In fairness to the player who allegedly 'threw one' - he did come off with blood streaming from his nose - so I'd suggest it went both ways there. But I don't think that changed the complexion of the game - and it was a fair contest all day where Richmond were the better side.

We didn't have a player at either seniors or reserves - attend the tribunal for any reason last year - so I'd suggest the rep earned in the past is well and truly dead now. So all the cheap shots from other posters on here are utter garbage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think your comments are pretty fair Ant.

In fairness to the player who allegedly 'threw one' - he did come off with blood streaming from his nose - so I'd suggest it went both ways there. But I don't think that changed the complexion of the game - and it was a fair contest all day where Richmond were the better side.

We didn't have a player at either seniors or reserves - attend the tribunal for any reason last year - so I'd suggest the rep earned in the past is well and truly dead now. So all the cheap shots from other posters on here are utter garbage.

Great to hear. Did see what happened before the incident but it is rare that they are thrown for no reason...unless of course you name is big bad barry

Spot on Ozza. Certainly wasn't a dirty game in either grades. Willing at times, hard for sure but not dirty. Your number 24 in the magoo's did go hard at the man in the tight contests but shouldn't we all? (Not a bad bloke either.)

I thought the day was enjoyed in great spirits even if my beloved "Two's" just failed to get up. (15 goal turn around from last year though....)

Only shame is we don't get to play you guys again this year. (Except for finals???????)

Still thought the incident where the bloke got hit in the head with the footy (3rd quarter in the one's) was one of the funniest things I've seen![/quote]

I unfortunately couldn't see it properly from where I was, but can only imagine how funny it would have been from front on. The bloke who wore that one is a real character so I'd suggest it will be a source of amusement at training.

As for no.24 that you mentioned - cracking bloke - one of the most popular blokes at the club. Very hard but fair. I think when you're built like him, a few blokes are likely to bounce off you in the contest!

Still thought the incident where the bloke got hit in the head with the footy (3rd quarter in the one's) was one of the funniest things I've seen!

Must be something about NB and getting the ball kicked into your head. In 2005 I was hit in the eye ball by an errant torpedo ... it didn't tickle and I was blind for a while.

If I was still at the centrals and we did not make the finals I would be very dissapointed. Im not sure what the coaches and committee are aiming for I think it would be that.

What I know is the side won 7(i think) games last year. They have not lost anyone of any note(very rare in d4 ammos) and have picked up a stack of senior players including frankie who would have as much class in this comp as anyone, a key chf and a very good ruckman(did not play so im going on what ive been told) so they actually have a pretty good spine now. 2 of the main mids from last year are now playing in the back pocket so its fair to suggest the midfield has improved as well. What I noticed yeasterday was that alot of the players in the 2s were playing seniors last year and from all reports they still have another 6 or so senior players to come in. I think thats I pretty good argument for me to be suggesting anything less than finals would be a dissapointment. I'm not saying they are going to win it or anything but I think suggesting that they should make the top 5 is hardly stretching anything.

That's a fair enough point. 7 wins last year, inclusion of a few more quality players (more 1s from last year playing 2s), and continued off-field strength would mean an improvement on 07- and so finals probably should be the target. Falling short of that target would be disappointing.

OZZA - don't get too carried away. Violent replies aren't required. I just mentioned that historically North Brunswick had a reputation for being slightly unsportsmanlike. When did you first play for them?

That's a fair enough point. 7 wins last year, inclusion of a few more quality players (more 1s from last year playing 2s), and continued off-field strength would mean an improvement on 07- and so finals probably should be the target. Falling short of that target would be disappointing.

OZZA - don't get too carried away. Violent replies aren't required. I just mentioned that historically North Brunswick had a reputation for being slightly unsportsmanlike. When did you first play for them?

Two sides that sound like they have changed considerably in the last two seasons.

Richmond on the way up for me. I've got a mate playing there and he reckons finals this year if they have a little luck - and they'd be unlucky to miss out if they keep going the way they are.

North Brunswick had a very bad rep for being dirty a few years ago. Well done if they've changed that, it's hard to shake that tag when things have been that way for a long time.

Right... the lid is officially off then!

Great to hear. Did see what happened before the incident but it is rare that they are thrown for no reason...unless of course you name is big bad barry

Barry will go for 8 weeks with the damage the incident has caused the AFL's efforts to polish up their squeaky clean image

And yes...I'm well aware of our reputation from the 80s etc... But the tag is a long way off the mark these days. and all the new kids at the club don't need to be labeled with it.

Im not sure why some of you are giving it to Mt Lilydale. They played a good WB side, from wat I hear. Im sure if it was played at Quarry Rd, it prob would have been a different story. They have come from clubbies last year and its hard to get the sort of depth that you other teams have, being around for god knows how long and still in D4. They made the finals last year, remember, even though they were soundly beaten, they still made it!!!!! Give em a break!! We (SFX) will be the same, coming from clubbies is a test, we will prob have an up and down season, but we will do our best to be competitive.

SFX v ML this week, will be a good clash!!!!

I hope NB have not reverted back to there old ways, they were good last year and I hope for the same this year. PP just sh.t stirring I think. No one is un beatable and I will keep bringing it up, ST MARY's!!!!

Ye, we hade a good win on sat, but its 1 game. We have 17 to go, none will be easy!!!

Im not sure why some of you are giving it to Mt Lilydale. They played a good WB side, from wat I hear. Im sure if it was played at Quarry Rd, it prob would have been a different story. They have come from clubbies last year and its hard to get the sort of depth that you other teams have, being around for god knows how long and still in D4. They made the finals last year, remember, even though they were soundly beaten, they still made it!!!!! Give em a break!! We (SFX) will be the same, coming from clubbies is a test, we will prob have an up and down season, but we will do our best to be competitive.

SFX v ML this week, will be a good clash!!!!

I hope NB have not reverted back to there old ways, they were good last year and I hope for the same this year. PP just sh.t stirring I think. No one is un beatable and I will keep bringing it up, ST MARY's!!!!

Ye, we hade a good win on sat, but its 1 game. We have 17 to go, none will be easy!!!

Taskmaster thanks for sticking up for us, will be honest though even at Quarry Rd we were never going to win.
Last season (1st year out of clubbies) we played the three tops sides rounds 1/2/3 and went poorly and lost, mid season we played them all again & lost but played much better. Still made the finals...for one week anyway.
May history repeat itself??
We don't get to play at home until round 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back