D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
Welcome to the real forum, at last, Spy.don't listen to him Waz,it's heeeeeps of fuuuuuuun,any time you are selling realestate Spy,give me a call.:D[/quote]

Sorry Nelly.
Didn't see ya post till now.
Give you a bell mid morning tomorrow.

Not sure where that sledge came from, but I can assure you that was not the feeling from us on Saturday. Seemed a good bunch of blokes - and much better on the day (i can only assume whoever wrote it was just trying to get your back up). We will look forward to the return bout, and look to play 4 quarters, not start the game at quarter time again!

When someone mentions 'arrogant football' I don't think of it as a personal sledge, more a judgement on how the team is playing. Not giving your opponent much respect, lots of forward running without a lot of regard to defence and playing more like a selection of gifted individuals rather than a well-bonded team (lack of 1 percenters and selfless footy) all come under the "arrogant football" banner for me.

I didn't see SFX play on the weekend, so I can't say whether they were arrogant or not, by my definition or anyone else's interpretation.

Just a thought for your Thursday.

When someone mentions 'arrogant football' I don't think of it as a personal sledge, more a judgement on how the team is playing. Not giving your opponent much respect, lots of forward running without a lot of regard to defence and playing more like a selection of gifted individuals rather than a well-bonded team (lack of 1 percenters and selfless footy) all come under the "arrogant football" banner for me.

I didn't see SFX play on the weekend, so I can't say whether they were arrogant or not, by my definition or anyone else's interpretation.

Just a thought for your Thursday.

It is called confidence. Confident in own ability, confident in your team mate winning the ball, confidence in the TEAM. There are no individuals at SFX, its all about the team and if someone does think they are an individual, they are quickly found out by the coaching staff.

We have a style of football we play and if that sadly is tagged as "arrogant" by outsiders, then you are all very mis lead! We go out each week to be competitive and if it results in a win, then GREAT!!!!!!!!!! we will enjoy it, just like everyone else!

goldengirls460.jpg

theres a reason their all smiling, and its not botox..

It is called confidence. Confident in own ability, confident in your team mate winning the ball, confidence in the TEAM. There are no individuals at SFX, its all about the team and if someone does think they are an individual, they are quickly found out by the coaching staff.

We have a style of football we play and if that sadly is tagged as "arrogant" by outsiders, then you are all very mis lead! We go out each week to be competitive and if it results in a win, then GREAT!!!!!!!!!! we will enjoy it, just like everyone else!

Very interesting the arrogant call. We played AP on Saturday, and for the first time I thought they acted in an "arrogant" manner.

Whether they had reason to (they were in front all day) is another issue.

But the fact they were personally abusing (mostly from the bench and runner) a particular player was something I have not seen from AP - ever. Funny, but they reminded me of Hawthorn...................now that has to be a sledge!

Sometimes confidence is taken as arrogance. And confidence is a wonderful thing in footy.......

Very interesting the arrogant call. We played AP on Saturday, and for the first time I thought they acted in an "arrogant" manner.

Whether they had reason to (they were in front all day) is another issue.

But the fact they were personally abusing (mostly from the bench and runner) a particular player was something I have not seen from AP - ever. Funny, but they reminded me of Hawthorn...................now that has to be a sledge!

Sometimes confidence is taken as arrogance. And confidence is a wonderful thing in footy.......

Who was the player Flower? I didn't hear anything.

Funny, but they reminded me of Hawthorn...................now that has to be a sledge!

Reminding you of Hawthorn - possibly the most grating sledge of all in lower grade VAFA footy!
(I look forward to the response from Hawthorn's equivalent to OZZA - unless they realise it's just a D4 internet forum and that anything posted here isn't a personal insult that's worthy of eating into their sleeping hours.)

Confidence & Arrogance... when does the former become the latter? Can you be truly confident on the footy field without being arrogant? Is arrogance all that bad when you back it up on the scoreboard, and lose the edge when the siren sounds? It certainly makes the victory all the more sweeter when you knock off a confident/arrogant team.

:thumbsu:Well said!

Reminding you of Hawthorn - possibly the most grating sledge of all in lower grade VAFA footy!
(I look forward to the response from Hawthorn's equivalent to OZZA - unless they realise it's just a D4 internet forum and that anything posted here isn't a personal insult that's worthy of eating into their sleeping hours.)

Confidence & Arrogance... when does the former become the latter? Can you be truly confident on the footy field without being arrogant? Is arrogance all that bad when you back it up on the scoreboard, and lose the edge when the siren sounds? It certainly makes the victory all the more sweeter when you knock off a confident/arrogant team.

Hawthorn are in a league of their own. When up and running they are in your face and giving it to you. When they are behind they don't say a word. I am sure that uni high would have copped all sorts of abuse from them last week. Is that rotund barrell Jason Jakomos still playing ? he is a quality individual of the highest order. Not.

See St Mary's 2007 season.

Does that mean the jury is still out on SFX?

They haven't won the flag just yet...

I have delivered and been on the receiving end of floggings from both arrogant and confident teams, and know the difference is how they go about their business whether winning or not. You don't need to rub anyone's face in anything when you are up by ten goals, and taking a loss with dignity is only hard for arrogant teams, not confident ones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that mean the jury is still out on SFX?

They haven't won the flag just yet...

I have delivered and been on the receiving end of floggings from both arrogant and confident teams, and know the difference is how they go about their business whether winning or not. You don't need to rub anyone's face in anything when you are up by ten goals, and taking a loss with dignity is only hard for arrogant teams, not confident ones

of course the jury is still out, as it is with every team after round 1. It's a shame that we have to play you all before you can put to rest the pre concieved idea that we're arrogant, because of some chump on a forum who won't back up his statements with any substance.

I've played footy at three clubs before and this is the least arrogant club of them all. there are no overzealous celebrations, the backs don't kick chase for goals we're a bunch of blokes excited about being part of a new club that's prime objective is to have a bloody good time. stop trying to make us something we're not.

of course the jury is still out, as it is with every team after round 1. It's a shame that we have to play you all before you can put to rest the pre concieved idea that we're arrogant, because of some chump on a forum who won't back up his statements with any substance.

I've played footy at three clubs before and this is the least arrogant club of them all. there are no overzealous celebrations, the backs don't kick chase for goals we're a bunch of blokes excited about being part of a new club that's prime objective is to have a bloody good time. stop trying to make us something we're not.

What were the other 2 clubs?

Dude forget that any1 said anything abount arrogance. Theres a saying which kind of applies.. "it takes years to earn trust but only 1 rumour to destroy it" learn from it what u will grasshopper, u guys seem alright from the conversations we had in the past:thumbsu: 1 oppinion doesnt really count, thats why John Howard became PM in the first place.

Dude forget that any1 said anything abount arrogance. Theres a saying which kind of applies.. "it takes years to earn trust but only 1 rumour to destroy it" learn from it what u will grasshopper, u guys seem alright from the conversations we had in the past:thumbsu: 1 oppinion doesnt really count, thats why John Howard became PM in the first place.

cheers nikko teen just flying the flag as any of us should, I'll make sure when we play you blokes I'll leave my aker handstand at home, might even refrain from high fiving the crowd after every goal.

cheers nikko teen just flying the flag as any of us should, I'll make sure when we play you blokes I'll leave my aker handstand at home, might even refrain from high fiving the crowd after every goal.

And ill make sure i dont kick any goals from full back and snort the paint off the goal line, then steal all of ur Girlfriends;)

We will let the scoreboard do the tralking Rooster. Now thats CONFIDENCE!!!!

And I will back Rooster up, not because he is a team mate, but its the best club I have been associated with.

Go X-Men!!!:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back