D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this relies on your players having the temprement to play a game that may largely be played in the middle or even in your own backhalf this making the decesion when to attack and when to control the ball .

All very good theory, but is there a side in D4 capable of playing that style of game? I don't think even WB are that disciplined. They've just got the depth and ability to have kept on winning.

definitely not kevin sheedy just a bloke who has too much time on his hands now that the xbox 360 has been re poseessed by the local video store.
None of this might work just thought it's better to try and fail than not try at all - sorry lads too many american gridiron movies

WB are awesome around the breakdown, ball ins, ball ups, etc. They read each other very well in these situations and seem to get the extra man to run off alone and hit the forward line. Some terrific passes from the defensive wing to leading FF's make it hard to defend. Um. If I had to make the decision I'd tell the ruckman to smash the ball forward in the contests, and not try to get pretty. At least then our team would know where the ball is going at least half the time. From there is you can get a clean possesion and get the ball down forward...and get everyone running towards goal then you have a chance. Their defenders do a solid job, but weren't miles ahead of the other sides. I don't think having a loose man in defense will help that much.

I refuse to name any.....but would i be wrong in assuming it would happen?

I can't see a lot of money being thrown around at this level. Most of the clubs I've had anything to do with haven't had the capital to be paying players, especially at the rate the VAFA issues fines

I refuse to name any.....but would i be wrong in assuming it would happen?

No, Im sure it does.

I do know that the higher grade clubs attract players by offering employment. They have some high profile people involved at there clubs. Mostly the big private schools, Scotch's, Wesleys's etc etc.

I'd tell the ruckman to smash the ball forward in the contests, and not try to get pretty. At least then our team would know where the ball is going at least half the time.

Are you backing your ruckman to win 50% of the contests when after the first few it'll be obvious he's thumping forward?
1. If WB ruck(s) can only win 50% of the contests they must be about the weakest part of the team... and yet Gall was named in the leagues top midfielders.
2. If WB don't react to this tactic five minutes into the first half their idiots and deserve to get beat.
3. Even if you do win 50% of the time, when you lose the WB ruckman can feed it to his on-ballers whilst yours are all looking for the smash forward. Ultimately your back to square one - backing your midfielders to make better use than theirs... Evidence is they won't. Unless you're Kew or maybe SFX.
4. Your mob got rolled by over 100 points! Probably not my first port of call for advice.:cool:

Looking good Waz.
A "great" season maybe a bit generous but your on telly so why not?

Thanks mate! It was a great night. Just a pity I couldn't spin us up a bit more cash :) I hear CD (Mr Richmond Central) got a fare run by the boys? Classic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate! It was a great night. Just a pity I couldn't spin us up a bit more cash :) I hear CD (Mr Richmond Central) got a fare run by the boys? Classic.

Bigwaz, you have a bit of an accent - I noticed it after our round 1 game and then again on TV. Are you originally from the US?

2k, nice pity it didn't stop on the 10k!

I assume that money was all drank at the bar last night?

Bigwaz, you have a bit of an accent - I noticed it after our round 1 game and then again on TV. Are you originally from the US?

Spent a small part of my formative years in Colorado and haven't been able to get rid of the accent since!

2k, nice pity it didn't stop on the 10k!

I assume that money was all drank at the bar last night?

Yeah it was hanging on the 5k but just slipped over...

We made a big profit on the bar last night! We even had some locals and Old Scotch players down for a beer and looksee ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back