D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhodes Schmodes... Nuske Schmuske

If I'm umpiring the Ressies there are more important things to worry about...

Oh... And if I remember correctly (but I may be confusing Mt L with BC here) the coach there stands on an elevated platform? This shows really poor sportsmanship in my opinion. (Bulleen you know what I'm talking about...)[/quote]

Oh.....Why is that:confused:

Oh.....Why is that:confused:

Is there any competition in footy where one teams coach gets to have a better view of the game than the opposition? Pretty obvious I would have thought. I'm guessing its not illegal, but it is poor sportsmanship. IMO anyway...

Is there any competition in footy where one teams coach gets to have a better view of the game than the opposition? Pretty obvious I would have thought. I'm guessing its not illegal, but it is poor sportsmanship. IMO anyway...

Waz,

Please tell me you are joking. The most stupid thing I have read today. At your own ground you will do anything that gives you an advantage. If the coach sits on a raised platform then so be it.

Here's a thought, take your 2 grand and build a coaches platform - pretty f%*king simple.

Poor sportmanship????? Gee, I think someone is starting some mind games with the opposition a few days early!

Waz,

Please tell me you are joking. The most stupid thing I have read today. At your own ground you will do anything that gives you an advantage. If the coach sits on a raised platform then so be it.

Here's a thought, take your 2 grand and build a coaches platform - pretty f%*king simple.

Instead of a bench we could get a row of tennis umpires chairs?

Anyway, its just my opinion. I figure home ground advantage comes from knowing the surface, the size of the pitch and the elements that help or hinder teams throughout the match. Getting a supportive crowd along certainly helps...

Maybe you just put them up on a pedestal, and it's all in your own head?

There should be a height limit on coaching staff, too. That giant from Kew should be made to watch games seated, or kneeling at best.

Instead of a bench we could get a row of tennis umpires chairs?

Anyway, its just my opinion. I figure home ground advantage comes from knowing the surface, the size of the pitch and the elements that help or hinder teams throughout the match. Getting a supportive crowd along certainly helps...

HaHa....Just wait untill you get a wiff of the sh!t farm next door, then you'll know what kind off home ground advantage we might have:D

There should be a height limit on coaching staff, too. That giant from Kew should be made to watch games seated, or kneeling at best.

Yes, Yes and Yes.

And now we're just going to forget to put TP in the away rooms toilets for the rest of the season :)

Stupidest post of the year!!!

In relation to your first point - YES!! - The AFL!!

On Sat night Paul Roos coached from the bench and Worsfold sat in the stands.

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 10 grounds in the ammos where the home side have an elevated view. What club wouldn't want this!!

Stupidest post of the year!!!

In relation to your first point - YES!! - The AFL!!

On Sat night Paul Roos coached from the bench and Worsfold sat in the stands.

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 10 grounds in the ammos where the home side have an elevated view. What club wouldn't want this!!

By choice I think you'll find! No way would the AFL allow one team an advantage like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Dover not coaching this year, but he was so big that he used to rest his coffee on top off the coaches box.

So we can all agree that there is at least some advantage to be had? (Obviously my views are wrong on it being poor form. Duly noted.) In which case, is it poor form to build something specifically with that purpose in mind? Or would you be stupid not to?

Oh... And if I remember correctly (but I may be confusing Mt L with BC here) the coach there stands on an elevated platform? This shows really poor sportsmanship in my opinion. (Bulleen you know what I'm talking about...)

Oh Waz - you make me laugh on this one mate.... And at least we're wearing blue shorts this year so we don't clash with the umpires. and the umpires are also wearing fluoro colours in our games as well. (Pity for everyone that kicks to the opposition now - there's no bloody excuses any more!)

Also - our new coach isn't using the 'advantage' of elevation. So now if we win, we win fair. (Irrespective of what some have insinuated on here.)

Oh Waz - you make me laugh on this one mate.... And at least we're wearing blue shorts this year so we don't clash with the umpires. and the umpires are also wearing fluoro colours in our games as well. (Pity for everyone that kicks to the opposition now - there's no bloody excuses any more!)

Also - our new coach isn't using the 'advantage' of elevation. So now if we win, we win fair. (Irrespective of what some have insinuated on here.)

Bout time! :D

So we can all agree that there is at least some advantage to be had? (Obviously my views are wrong on it being poor form. Duly noted.) In which case, is it poor form to build something specifically with that purpose in mind? Or would you be stupid not to?

Ofcoarse theres an advantage to it, but it would be little you'd think, as at the end of the day a better view of a ground for coaching staff should not effect the 'Players' performance. They might spot a bad matchup quicker or pick up an opposition teams favoured lines quicker, I think you can drop this now anyhow BIGWAZ

No doubt there's an advantage, the clubs just not financial enough to replicate such architectural brillance. Donations from visiting clubs are most welcomed, RC wouldn't be short of $'s these days would they!! Hey, 2000 reasons to:) bwaz

waz, i will throw a couple of ladders and a plank of wood in for this week and the coaches can call the moves from up there, otherwise i can bring the ute and they can call the shots from up in the car park. OR If you like i have some contacts at the ambulance helicopter, i can get them in and they can hover about 150ft off the oval they can relay the moves via radio (may also come in handy if you go down with an hammy whilst umpiring). The other option is the blokes who are on the bench can form a human pyramid and we will put a little cushion on the top so the coach not only has a good view but is comfortable (could be interesting when someone has to go on though...).

OR Maybe we could just get some stilts (one black, one yellow) but they might sink if we ever get any rain ALTHOUGH I am sure a coach on stilts would get plenty of media attention though and we might be able to pick up a bit of sponsorship money so we could get a real nice pair that flair out at the bottom and wont sink.

Or we could sack the coaches and get us some taller ones (they wouldnt need stilts!)

There is plenty of options, cant wait to see what you come up with..

Don't think you are going to be happy Waz when you see the new construction on the mountain come Sat:D looked like a new coaches box to me when scouting out there a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back