D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box Hill Nth.honoured a recently passed away,team manager,committee member,timekeper and VAFA rep.yesterday with a minutes silence before the senior game,what made this very special, to this maggot, was the courtesy and respect shown by Albert Park who's res. and seniors lined up with BHN for the tribute,well done AP,sprortsmanship all the way,I was proud to be involed in footy yesterday.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

They (Eley Park) have always been very accomodating rooster. Great club and great bunch of blokes. And yes def the best surface in the league, by a mile.

On a non related D4 note, wat are peoples views on wat Barry Hall did last night. I think the tribunal should throw the book at the W.nker. That was P.ss poor. Cant handle a bit of pressure, so has to knock the poor bloke out with a king hit. GUTLESS WONDER!!!!!! I would give him at least 8 weeks.

They (Eley Park) have always been very accomodating rooster. Great club and great bunch of blokes. And yes def the best surface in the league, by a mile.

On a non related D4 note, wat are peoples views on wat Barry Hall did last night. I think the tribunal should throw the book at the W.nker. That was P.ss poor. Cant handle a bit of pressure, so has to knock the poor bloke out with a king hit. GUTLESS WONDER!!!!!! I would give him at least 8 weeks.

5-6 weeks. One thing I can say is Staker hasn't got much of a chin.

See It here.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_dsiuc169_w&NR=1

Was at the grand HQ match of the round today, very interesting game.

WB won the toss and went with the wind in the first, always a good plan at Elsternwick.

No real WB standouts except Mick Layley, the guys performed well as a team which is as it should be. Dishon and Gibson also had their moments.

The mountain men by comparison were slower and less hard at the ball, but ran a bit more freely in the last quarter as WB eased off.

WB 24.20.164 MtL 10.4.64

BHN were very grateful to Albert Park for the part they played in the minutes silence at Elgar Park yesterday.
Congratulations to all spectators present for their respect as well.
Finally to Nelly. Never have I had more respect for an UMPIRE than when hearing his short, but appropriate speech, as he led those assembled in the minutes silence.
RIP Dazza.

Early to forecast?
On yesterday's showing WB will be the yardstick this season. Very even spread of work and well discipined. Mountainmen very disappointing attack on the pill and will need to show more to be a worthy contender down the track. SFX will improve on what was shown at Whitehorse Res adjusting to the slightly different tempo of the game. Sharkers you wouldn't meet a greater bunch of blokes. Their well respected reputation as a club is well earned. Kew a wildcard? Centrals and Falcons clearly look to be the big improvers with NB and Box Hill to slide as expected and battle it out with the lower echelon of clubs.

Footy is definitely back!! Am sporting an impressive shiner and have to get my nose checked out to see if it has a crack in it.

Centrals too good Nth Brunswick on Saturday. But heaps of improvement to come from a very very young Nth Brunswick side with not many having played together before.

Some interesting results for sure....

South Mornington? Are they as good as early last season?
Did BHN and Albert Park improve over the offseason, or just AP?
Should Kew have won by more or are Bulleen stronger than some expected?
Mt Lilydale... please explain? 44 scoring shots to 14?
Nth Brunnie... a couple of our guys are sporting nice shiners themselves...
SFX... We'll know how good they are when we play Eley Park on Saturday.

Early to forecast?
On yesterday's showing WB will be the yardstick this season. Very even spread of work and well discipined. Mountainmen very disappointing attack on the pill and will need to show more to be a worthy contender down the track. SFX will improve on what was shown at Whitehorse Res adjusting to the slightly different tempo of the game. Sharkers you wouldn't meet a greater bunch of blokes. Their well respected reputation as a club is well earned. Kew a wildcard? Centrals and Falcons clearly look to be the big improvers with NB and Box Hill to slide as expected and battle it out with the lower echelon of clubs.

Geez, one loss and we've been written off.

I stand corrected. From all reports Eley Park played well but didn't run hard enough in defence to cover the forward style of play SFX had.
AND - West Brunswick with 44 scoring shots to 14... 5 of the 14 came in the last ten minutes when the game was pretty much all over, too. Mountaindale were alright in patches, but were no match. WB were far from unbeatable, but certainly had their measure comfortably. Will be good to see what transpires from here.

SM will be better if the fortnightly travel doesn't affect numbers too much.
AP are big improvers, more than I first thought. Keep an eye out!
Kew have temporarily forgotten how to win big. They'll remember soon enough. The cobras season may seem longer than the 17 ronuds they have left (nicely worded earlier, Spy1)
North Brunswick - have always liked to go the biff, not surprised that Centrals were on the receiving end of some
SFX appear to have the goods - we'll know how good they are when they play Kew, Mt Lilydale and WB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stand corrected. From all reports Eley Park played well but didn't run hard enough in defence to cover the forward style of play SFX had.
AND - West Brunswick with 44 scoring shots to 14... 5 of the 14 came in the last ten minutes when the game was pretty much all over, too. Mountaindale were alright in patches, but were no match. WB were far from unbeatable, but certainly had their measure comfortably. Will be good to see what transpires from here.

SM will be better if the fortnightly travel doesn't affect numbers too much.
AP are big improvers, more than I first thought. Keep an eye out!
Kew have temporarily forgotten how to win big. They'll remember soon enough. The cobras season may seem longer than the 17 ronuds they have left (nicely worded earlier, Spy1)
North Brunswick - have always liked to go the biff, not surprised that Centrals were on the receiving end of some
SFX appear to have the goods - we'll know how good they are when they play Kew, Mt Lilydale and WB.

Well I hope Mt Lilydale aren't a good yard stick for determining the strength of a team or we're all in for a long season...

It's a big call. I know footy is a four quarter game, but if you take out the 2nd quarter on Saturday there was only 2 goals in it. The Cobras may not have been going to win it, but for most of the game they were far from being pantsed. As with all teams there are still a few absentees from the team for round 1.... Some teams will improve more than others.

Kew's big forwards were very impressive in the air, but kicked most of their goals from marks. They weren't impressive on the gorund, so if it was to be a wet winter they may find it a bit tougher.

It's a big call. I know footy is a four quarter game, but if you take out the 2nd quarter on Saturday there was only 2 goals in it. The Cobras may not have been going to win it, but for most of the game they were far from being pantsed. As with all teams there are still a few absentees from the team for round 1.... Some teams will improve more than others.

Kew's big forwards were very impressive in the air, but kicked most of their goals from marks. They weren't impressive on the gorund, so if it was to be a wet winter they may find it a bit tougher.

Kew did lead by 64 points during the 3rd 1/4 but to Bulleens credit they did fight the game out well.

The cobras season may seem longer than the 17 ronuds they have left
Absolute peanut comment from a bloke who wasn't at the game making comments from a score sheet. I would suggest Kew not winning big would have something to do with the opposition not allowing them to win big. Hard concept to grasp, I know.

No idea which club you play at Pan, but judging by your comment you will be very surprised with Bulleen's intensity when you finally meet up with us.

Footy is definitely back!! Am sporting an impressive shiner and have to get my nose checked out to see if it has a crack in it.

Centrals too good Nth Brunswick on Saturday. But heaps of improvement to come from a very very young Nth Brunswick side with not many having played together before.

Was that you who got hit in the face with the footy?

The cobras season may seem longer than the 17 ronuds they have left
Absolute peanut comment from a bloke who wasn't at the game making comments from a score sheet. I would suggest Kew not winning big would have something to do with the opposition not allowing them to win big. Hard concept to grasp, I know.

No idea which club you play at Pan, but judging by your comment you will be very surprised with Bulleen's intensity when you finally meet up with us.

Bulleen's committee should be proud of what they achieved on Sat. They have worked hard off the field and I'm sure it will be only a matter of time before they achieve success on it. Their mid field players were excellent and they were very hard at it. To their credit they fought the game out very well and outscored Kew in the last quarter.

Sorry if I hit a raw nerve.

I'm not trying to Sh!tcan a team that's obviously done a lot of work over summer - I withdraw my opinion and wish you luck winning a flag with your intensity.

Relieved to only play WB once this season, fell sorry to those who play them twice. Give credit where credits due, WB have good strong marking talls in many areas and have good smalls. Yep WB will take a power of beating, best advice next week for Syndal.....stay home

Big Bad Bazza.....8 - 10 weeks

Relieved to only play WB once this season, fell sorry to those who play them twice. Give credit where credits due, WB have good strong marking talls in many areas and have good smalls. Yep WB will take a power of beating, best advice next week for Syndal.....stay home

You blokes must be getting used to getting pumped. Last years semi against StMary's, praccy against Chirnside Park and yesterday's game. All over 100 points. Can't be good for Morale.

Bad day by you blokes, or just not good enough?

witnessed my first centrals win in 5 years on sat(last one was so long ago I played in it) and I was pretty impressed. Most of us old timers thought the club was just about dead and burried 2 years ago but the committee lead by waz have done a sensational job of turning it around. The rooms looked great, the food was good(even had fired dimmies and hot chips) and the footy was even better.

They should have won by atleast 100 points with 27 more scoring shots and most of those shots were set shots inside 30 pretty much in front. 3 goals 12 in the 2nd quarter alone. Looks like they have lost no players from last year and have picked up atleast half a dozen new players who you could argue were in the top 10-12 players in the side. Based on the 1 game I saw last year and this game the boys look atleast 10 goals better.

Sorry waz I know you probably want to keep a lid on it but anything less than finals would be a major dissapointment after what I saw on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back