D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tips for this week:

SFX versus North Brunswick, SFX 68 points
Box Hill versus Syndal, Box Hill 33 ponits
Richmond versus Mt Lilydale - Mount Lilydale by 40
W Brunswick versus Albert Park - Albvert Park 2 points!
Kew versus Bulleen Cobras, Kew by 111 points
E Park versus South Monrington, Eley Park in a thriller 9 points[/quote]

What a good game of football well done to all the Albert Park boys.

Good tips Smith you are the only one who picked AP.

Tips for this week:

SFX versus North Brunswick, SFX 68 points
Box Hill versus Syndal, Box Hill 33 ponits
Richmond versus Mt Lilydale - Mount Lilydale by 40
W Brunswick versus Albert Park - Albvert Park 2 points!
Kew versus Bulleen Cobras, Kew by 111 points
E Park versus South Monrington, Eley Park in a thriller 9 points

What a good game of football well done to all the Albert Park boys.

Good tips Smith you are the only one who picked AP.[/quote]

Not much more than a guess. Eley took the margin that kew were supposed to get

sharks are a force to be reckoned with on their day

too bad their days are few and far between this season

Witnessed a magnificent game of local footy between West Brunswick & Albert Park. Hats off to both sides for the uncomprimising, skillful game played in great spirit all day.

Mr Sholly suggested that players from the lower grades should go and watch finals in A & B Grade to witness top standard footy, may I suggest to Mr Sholly that once he is able to extract his head from his lowest orifice and is able to find the door to his ivory tower, that he should assemble his secret service style security and venture out to watch a D4 game that demonstrates the commitment, talent, loyalty to mate and Club and burnig desire to be successful that is evident every week. I would much rather watch a "real" game of footy the way is should be played than the circle work, non tackling style I have witnessed at A grade Grand Finals before.

Back to the game, AP's unrelenting tackling and pressure on the ball carrier caused numerous turnovers by WB and AP had the skill to make them pay. Although WB has 7 more scorng shots, AP always looked in control all day. On a sad note, the game was marred by what loked like a serious knee injury to Sudholz in the 3rd quarter after a fantastic tackle was laid by AP. I hope the injury is not that severe but it did not look good especially as he was stuggling on crutches after the game.

To our scribe if he is looking for nominations for the back line for the Team of the Year, consideration should be given to 4 AP defenders - "Backdoor" Brown at FB, "Shooter" Winchester at CHB and the two of the best HBF in the grade Justin Kane & Ben Hansen. All 4 have been consistent all year and were brilliant yesterday.

Well done to Bulleen this week for taking it up to Kew. Not to take anything away from the Cobras, but are Kew struggling for numbers at the moment? Noticed D Witchell amongst the goals for the two's???? (Snr Coach....)
Also, well done to Mt Lilydale yesterday. Gave us a great game in the Two's and ended our season in the ones. Good young quick team. Well done.

Witnessed a magnificent game of local footy between West Brunswick & Albert Park. Hats off to both sides for the uncomprimising, skillful game played in great spirit all day.

Mr Sholly suggested that players from the lower grades should go and watch finals in A & B Grade to witness top standard footy, may I suggest to Mr Sholly that once he is able to extract his head from his lowest orifice and is able to find the door to his ivory tower, that he should assemble his secret service style security and venture out to watch a D4 game that demonstrates the commitment, talent, loyalty to mate and Club and burnig desire to be successful that is evident every week. I would much rather watch a "real" game of footy the way is should be played than the circle work, non tackling style I have witnessed at A grade Grand Finals before.

Back to the game, AP's unrelenting tackling and pressure on the ball carrier caused numerous turnovers by WB and AP had the skill to make them pay. Although WB has 7 more scorng shots, AP always looked in control all day. On a sad note, the game was marred by what loked like a serious knee injury to Sudholz in the 3rd quarter after a fantastic tackle was laid by AP. I hope the injury is not that severe but it did not look good especially as he was stuggling on crutches after the game.

To our scribe if he is looking for nominations for the back line for the Team of the Year, consideration should be given to 4 AP defenders - "Backdoor" Brown at FB, "Shooter" Winchester at CHB and the two of the best HBF in the grade Justin Kane & Ben Hansen. All 4 have been consistent all year and were brilliant yesterday.

well done to the Falcons and you there bronsen.. you even get a mention. :thumbsu:

Well done to Bulleen this week for taking it up to Kew. Not to take anything away from the Cobras, but are Kew struggling for numbers at the moment? Noticed D Witchell amongst the goals for the two's???? (Snr Coach....)

Was a good effort by the boys but the third quarter was the one that cost us (good to see the margins blokes have tipped on this forum the past two weeks havent even come close). Kew had some handy tall timber to bomb to when they needed it.

It is true Kew didnt have the same personnel that lined up against us in round 1 but we equally had huge number of blokes missing this week with work commitments, heading overseas, injury etc etc. The Rocket Fossil even came of retirement to fill a spot in our two's, and I believe the Kew one's coach did line up in the magoos.

It is true Kew didnt have the same personnel that lined up against us in round 1 but we equally had huge number of blokes missing this week with work commitments, heading overseas, injury etc etc. The Rocket Fossil even came of retirement to fill a spot in our two's, and I believe the Kew one's coach did line up in the magoos.[/quote]

Well Done to Bulleen they played some very good footy all day. After their performance on Saturday it is surprising that they have only won 4 games.

We do have a large number unavailable at the moment and have done since WB, however, we hope to have most of these guys back closer to the end of the season. The coach played 2's on the weekend due to a late withdrawal from the seniors which meant that a reserves player had to go up. As our clubbies were playing at Westbourne it was easier for him to sit on the bench rather than try and get a player back from Werribee.

Full credit to their Bulleen ressies as well who fought it out all day even though they were severely undermanned

I hope you read this forum after this last round Mr.Sholly,if you do you will have read about hard fought games from lower ranked clubs,sporstmanlike praise from oppositions about oponents,surprise results,and all this in a division you say have no fear of religation,true,they cannot be religated but you forget about something called pride and also honor.

Time to get some of those qualities Mr.Sholly and print a retraction and apology, although I doubt you have the testicular fortitude to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Viola sitting on 76 by my calculations,although the VAFA stats area a week behind,can he get the 100,run home is WB,SFX and AP,could be a big ask but I hope he can make it.
Horn from Kew is on 71 after 5 this week and with a softer run home may also give it crack,no offence intended to their opposition.

Viola sitting on 76 by my calculations,although the VAFA stats area a week behind,can he get the 100,run home is WB,SFX and AP,could be a big ask but I hope he can make it.
Horn from Kew is on 71 after 5 this week and with a softer run home may also give it crack,no offence intended to their opposition.

Troy Whiting was taken to hospital with a shoulder injury after kicking 7 for RC in a great solo performance. It looks like his season is done :(

Not entirely sure but believe Horn from Kew may be on 66 including his five this week... ?

great to see that albert park got the business done against west brunswick on saturday. now a definite finals threat id say...

great to see albert park got the business done against west brunswick on saturday. now a definite finals threat id say...

They must just about be favourites for the flag on present form. That would show the CEO up... Imagine an established D4 club upsetting the unbackable early season D3 favourites for the flag! :)

Kew must be starting to worry that their trip back up to D3 may not be as smooth as once thought. Perhaps the same applies to WB? Whoever plays AP in the first final might miss out? It would be interesting to see Kew play WB in the elim final, rather than the GF?

I would think AP will finish 3rd, they should account for ML this weekend.

They must just about be favourites for the flag on present form. That would show the CEO up... Imagine an established D4 club upsetting the unbackable early season D3 favourites for the flag! :)

Kew must be starting to worry that their trip back up to D3 may not be as smooth as once thought. Perhaps the same applies to WB? Whoever plays AP in the first final might miss out? It would be interesting to see Kew play WB in the elim final, rather than the GF?

I would think AP will finish 3rd, they should account for ML this weekend.

I think injuries will play a massive role come finals. The following is a list of players who may play finals come September. It is a list of those who didn't play on Sat and have played more senior than reserves games during the year:

WB - Henham, Lloyd, Saker, S.Dishon, Barclay
K - Looker, Watts, Dooley, Tinetti, Wyley, Denhert, Robinson, Cullen, Rees, Death
MT L - Finkemeyer, Roberts, Maniscalchi, Paull
AP - McManus, Maunder, Venables
SFX - Gargan, Pearson, Curry, Scanlon

With the exception of Venables and Maunder all have played more than 7 senior games this year!

AP had a horrific run with injuries early on but have seemed to be able to get close to their best side on the park for the past month.

Obviously you are never going to be full strength. It has been a slow work day :cool:

do ya reckon ?
really how insightful - your names not walls is it

wouldnt you think so on current form? i mean taking out the top 2 teams in the last 2 weeks is no mean feat & 1 at a ground where its difficult to win at the best of times. the falcons are motoring beautifully at the moment & SHOULD be classed as a finals threat i believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back