D4 D4 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that David Shinners is going to make an apperance for the Falcons this week. From Cragieburn and will make a huge difference to the onball division. fast running midfielder from what i have heard. is this true?

can anyone shed some light on the 'rumour' that 2 D4 teams played a practice match over the weekend in 'secrecy'. not much of a secret now. one game - numbers not great - but a sharing if you like of tactics and ideas of how to take on certain teams in this grade. anyone?

Round 8 Tips

After a good showing by RC against LT, this form will be suffice enabling them to beat Kew by 5 goals......besides Horne how many other "key" outs do Kew have??

At home SM were expected to thrash MTL last game but went down by 14 goals, 2 weeks earlier Swinburne thrashed MTL x 10 goals......therefore Swinburne by 15 goals.

Chadstone to sing their club song for the first time this season....has the club changed it's song in line with the name change and if so will anyone know the words to it?

BHN to make it two in a row at the expense of Manningham by 5 goals.

After both sides had goods wins last start and with a spot in the top 5 on line here I'm going for EP to beat MTL by 10 points.

LT at home on the wind swept "G" will just get the points over AP, LT must win more than 60% of the stoppages to ensure AP forwards don't see to much of the pill, what a game this should be.

Ressies

Kew x 5g
SM x 5g
MTL x 5g
LT x 5g
BHN x 5g
NB x 25g

can anyone shed some light on the 'rumour' that 2 D4 teams played a practice match over the weekend in 'secrecy'. not much of a secret now. one game - numbers not great - but a sharing if you like of tactics and ideas of how to take on certain teams in this grade. anyone?

Come on ! Surely not. I would be extremly surprised if 2 teams held a praccy match over the break. Share us with more info if u have it !

Fuseball's tips for Round 8

What a rippa of a round. At present you could not get a closer pair up of match's if you tried !!! 1 v 2 , 3 v 4, 5 v 8 , 6 v 7 , 9 v 10 & 11 v 12.

Chad v Nth Bruns - Nth Bruns is a far better team than 0-7 and will beat Chad for the 1st win of the year. I would predict a physical game. Nth by 21 points
Mann v BHN - Fradkin may be the difference with BHN's poor backline so I will give the points to the Ham's just by 3 points
LTU v AP - I have said from early on the Falcons are the team to beat and they keep proving me right. This will continue and I think they will make all teams in D4 sit up and ponder the year ahead as they comfortably defeat the undefeated LTU by 42 points
MTL v EP - Its always mentioned but at home the mountainmen have an advantage and I think this week along with some good recent form from key forwards they will win by 25 points.
Swin v Sth Morn - Swinburne should be too good for Sth Morn who it appears have dropped their bundle ! Swin by 66 points at home.
Kew v Rich - Match of the round. My $$ on Kew due to the fact Rich rely too heavily on Nuske and Kew have multiple goal kicking players ! Massive game for Rich, who if lose come thumping back to the main pack. Kew by 35 points

You have got to be F#cking Kidding.....:eek:
I've been looking forward to the break for a couple of weeks now and like so many others I truly needed it. I guess some blokes wouldnt enjoy the rest as it may be a rhythm breaker.

Round 8 Tipping Time:

Chaddy v Nth.B----Toss a coin, Chaddy by a goal to get thier maiden win of '09.
Manny v B.H.N----Manny by a goal.
LT.U v A.Park----would like to see this one!! A.Park 4 goals.

Swinny v Sth.M----Swinny by 10+ goals.
Kew v Rich.C----Kew to bounce back by 3 goals.
:thumbsu::thumbsdown:
2's:Nth.B--Manny--LT.U--Mt.L--Sth.M--Kew

Round 8 Tipping Time:

Chaddy v Nth.B----Toss a coin, Chaddy by a goal to get thier maiden win of '09.
Manny v B.H.N----Manny by a goal.
LT.U v A.Park----would like to see this one!! A.Park 4 goals.

Swinny v Sth.M----Swinny by 10+ goals.
Kew v Rich.C----Kew to bounce back by 3 goals.
2's:Nth.B--Manny--LT.U--Mt.L--Sth.M--Kew

Sneako What's your tip for MTL v EP ? What is your position? Is M.Rhodes injured or if so when does he return?

Round 8 Tips

Chadstone vs North Brunswick - Someone to lose their cherry this week and I am going with NB by 2 goals.

Manningham vs Box Hill North - BHN by 1 point

La Trobe vs Albert Park - La Trobe by 2 goals with La Trobe's superior Ruck division being the difference.

Mt Lilydale vs Eley Park - Eley park coming off their best win since joining D4. Mt Lilydale are also coming off a very good win. Home ground advantage will be the difference, Mt Lilydale by 2 goals.

Swinburne vs South Mornington - South Mornington don't have the back line to stop Yaman and the suspension of Scott Smith will hinder South's ability to win ball out of the middle. Swinburne by 7 goals.

Kew vs Richmond - Very tough game to call. The extra weeks rest will help Kew (Horne) more than RC. Kew by 2 goals.

The Chad v NB - May decide the wooden spoon - NB by 5 goals
Man v BHN - BHN by 1 point
LT v AP - Playing for bragging rights only? - AP by 2 goals
ML v EP - Should also be a cracker, finals on the line again - ML by 1 goal
Swin v SM - Swin by 2 goals - SM to (almost) rebound
Kew v RC - RC by 1 point - 3rd spot up for grabs, so massive game for both sides. Play again 5 weeks later...

Sneako What's your tip for MTL v EP ? What is your position? Is M.Rhodes injured or if so when does he return?

TBone hasn't played since the Manningham game and for personal reasons won't play for the rest of the season. He hopes to be back for the 2010 season.

Come on ! Surely not. I would be extremly surprised if 2 teams held a praccy match over the break. Share us with more info if u have it !

well i was told two sides that had a person that had strong links with both clubs had got together a couple of weeks ago to organize this 'practice' game. both have common interests and goals (obviously) and shared ideas and tactics on the better sides in the comp. although (and understandably) numbers were not great the morning proved a success. and i thought this was very unusual and hoped that someone could shed some light.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well i was told two sides that had a person that had strong links with both clubs had got together a couple of weeks ago to organize this 'practice' game. both have common interests and goals (obviously) and shared ideas and tactics on the better sides in the comp. although (and understandably) numbers were not great the morning proved a success. and i thought this was very unusual and hoped that someone could shed some light.

Is that somebody You northwichvic?

i heard it was Albert Park & La Trobe?

Who are the top defenders running around in the comp? Luke Hickey, Ryan Carpenter,and Justin Kane are three that immediately leap to mind

Who are the top defenders running around in the comp? Luke Hickey, Ryan Carpenter,and Justin Kane are three that immediately leap to mind

The FB from Latrobe played a great game v RC.

From RC... Trent Woodberry has shut down just about everyone hes been on this year at Full Back. He's a hard man to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back