D4 D4 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great, Fradkin's not a bad player at all...his a bit underestimated I think?...sh#t that hurts when eye tink

Hope Michael Viola is ok, last 5 minutes against MTL he may have done some bad damage to himself, MTL people were great to assist.
BWaz must be on holiday...ain't heard anything about the RC result yet:eek:
How good are LT, it's a big and tough ground to play on especially when the winds blowing to the clubroom end.

What happened to NB reserves, you all say they tank it in the ressies somewhat but they lost to the bottom team Chaddy who previously had not won a game:confused:
LT very good running side as we all know and play their ground exceptionally well. Bad luck for AP player Ben Cornish who sustained a broken collar bone, eye socket and jaw in a fair attack on the ball in that game. No luck for the Parkers with the 3rd collar bone this year and 2 serious knees to key players. Will be good to see how this tests their depth over the next few weeks. Can anyone beat LTU do you think? I think they might be beatable on the smaller grounds of the comp although they are mighty impressive well drilled unit.

LT very good running side as we all know and play their ground exceptionally well. Bad luck for AP player Ben Cornish who sustained a broken collar bone, eye socket and jaw in a fair attack on the ball in that game. No luck for the Parkers with the 3rd collar bone this year and 2 serious knees to key players. Will be good to see how this tests their depth over the next few weeks. Can anyone beat LTU do you think? I think they might be beatable on the smaller grounds of the comp although they are mighty impressive well drilled unit.

AP is still my tip for the flag.

Can anyone beat LTU do you think? I think they might be beatable on the smaller grounds of the comp although they are mighty impressive well drilled unit.

La Trobe might be a bit suspect on small, tight grounds but don't expect them to be hindered by that.I think finals grounds will be on the big side. They only have to play 5 or 6 tough matches in D4 so should be in fine form come finals time. That said, it's still a long time till late August, anything can happen.

Good luck to all teams for the last 9 rounds. Let's hope next year we can see a more even comp.

swinburne la trobe could be a good game on the small ground should be a evenly fought contest. la trobe will smash swinburne by 95+. nothing is more certain swineburn will lead for a bit and look the goods then get blown out of the game yaman should kick his 10 latrobe for the premiership

Selections

Tought trip for RC, SM at home might just prove to good x 5g
EP will beat NB x 8g
NB should make it two in a row x 3g
MTL x plenty over CHAD
AP to rbound ove Kew x 1g
SW to cause the upset of the round x 5p over LTU

Ressies
SM x 10g
EP x 1p
NB x 20g (won't make the same mistake this week:eek:
MTL x 10g
Kew x 1g
LTU x 15g

Round 9 Tips
South Mornington vs Richmond Central - SM by 4 goals with Bigwaz hating the alternative strip and the cold ocean breeze.

Box Hill North vs Eley park - BHN to stay perfect vs EP with a 1 point win.

North Brunswick vs Manningham - Manningham to make it 2 in a row with a 4 goal win.

Mt Lilydale vs Chadstone - Mt Lilydale by 12 goals.

Albert Park vs Kew - Bell vs McIndoe should be a cracker! I am tipping Big Will to get the better of the competitions #4 ranked player. AP by 3 goals.

Swinburne vs La Trobe - Battle of the hangovers ... whoever had the lighter Friday night will win this one. La Trobe by 8 goals.

Well i don't usually do tips but i've got one big one this week, win lose or draw, Bob29305 gets to come face to face with his man crush Big Waz, actually could be a really good game!
Seriously tho Bob, where have your tips been? bit sick of copping 2 bucks everytime you did them?

SM to beat RC with a big in Scott Smith after suspension and Luke Hockey coming back from injury, South should be too strong, SM by 5 goals

EP to beat BHN should be just too good, 3 goals

Manningham to beat NB. Manningham starting to find form, just to good for NB, 2 points

MtL to smash Chadstone

AP to beat Kew, 10 goals

La Trobe to beat Swinburne, Plenty

South Mornington vs Richmond Central - SM at home by less than a goal.
Box Hill North vs Eley park - Another close one - I'll say BHN by a couple of points if M.Viola is missing.

North Brunswick vs Manningham - North Brunswick by a couple of goals.

Mt Lilydale vs Chadstone - Mt Lilydale are pretty good at home and too strong for Chaddy...prob 10 goals plus.

Albert Park vs Kew - Albert Park by 4 goals.

Swinburne vs La Trobe - Haven't seen La Trobe yet - but can only assume they are the measuring stick for D4 this year. LT by 40 points.

South Mornington vs Richmond Central - SM by heaps againt a struggling Central.
Box Hill North vs Eley park - Dave Viola will kick a dozen againt BHNs inept backline.
North Brunswick vs Manningham - NB to beat Bulleen by a couple
Mt Lilydale vs Chadstone - Mountain men by a shit load.
Albert Park vs Kew - Kew in a minor upset.
Swinburne vs La Trobe - La Trobe by heaps.

Sth.M v Rich.C----Rich.C to get back on track with a 5 goal win.
B.H.N v E.Park----M.Viola a big loss, but the sharks by a goal.
Nth.B v Manny----Nth.B to welcome back a couple of key players, by 10 goals.
A.Park v Kew----A.Park wont loose two in a row. home side by 5 goals.
Swinny v LT.U----Swinny to hopefuly win the battle of the uni's, by a point.
:thumbsu::thumbsdown:
2s---Sth.M, E.Park, Nth.B, Mt.L, Kew, LT.U.

Round 9 Tips

South Mornington
vs Richmond Central - My Match of the Round. South coming off a great win against Swinburne and Richmond coming off two losses to Latrobe and Kew, is a massive games as the winner will be a game clear in the five sitting on 6-3 and the other out of the five. Scott Smith is a big in for South and HoxChops thinks he will be the differance, just ask him. So im hoping South by 11 points as the away team has never won between these two teams. And yes looking forward to having a beer with BigWaz, there you go Perks and Squidda. haha, $2.

Box Hill North vs Eley park - If Viola is out that is a big loss as he straightens them up. Ill tip BHN at home by 22 points as Eley Park will struggle to find goalkickers.

North Brunswick vs Manningham - North Brunswick at home here in a close one by 4 points.

Mt Lilydale vs Chadstone - Mt Lilydale far to good here and will win by 80+ points.

Albert Park vs Kew - Another cracking game and its good to see the top 5 playing each other now after those first 6 rounds. Albert coming off thier first loss to latrobe and But Kew after getting over Richmond will be full of confidence and come out firing here, but Albert play their ground well and run over the top to win by 24 points at home.

Swinburne vs La Trobe - Should be an arm wrestle on a tiny wind swept ground, will be interesting if Yaman can kick another bag against a decent defence this week, Swinburne cannot rely on him to kick winning scores himself, Latrobe will be too strong and win here by 47 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting choice of words machine!!

Personally I wouldn't call a 9 goal loss perfect, but maybe that's just me.

Bob was also on the money with the sharks struggling to find goal kickers - bags of 5, 4, 4 and 3 from the big fellas and 21 goals all up. Tough day for the shark forwards by the looks of it.

Bob was also on the money with the sharks struggling to find goal kickers - bags of 5, 4, 4 and 3 from the big fellas and 21 goals all up. Tough day for the shark forwards by the looks of it.

i'd have to say with what i've seen of BHN (3 games) and other results that they would have to be the worse team going around in D4 and therefore the ammos.

Great win by Richmond, always a pleasant trip home from the antarctic. May have to wear the away strip to all your away games:thumbsu:

Injury plagued EP were still to good for BHN, are the Sharks just hanging in there being a menace. Last season they beat some of the likely's in the second half of the season. Can they help shape the top 5 again and/or make it themselves?

Well done by NB, in the one's and the two's;)

How bad are Chaddy or are MTL good, MTL still have good quality players out and they still smashed them:eek:

A big game and a big win by AP.......the AP/MTL shapes well this week:thumbsu:

L'trobe obviously went through the motions in disposing of Swinburne. Who will/can stop the well educated soon to be professionals from out north:(

i stand corrected CJAY, but lets be honest it was only against the struggling BHN, Where very dissapointed with our loss down South way being 3 goals up at 3qtr time we thought we should have won but a good win to richmond and now where a game out with kew this week so we have shot ourselves in the foot, I dont think anybody will beat Latrobe unless they have many major injuries.

Re: D4 2008
I am reminded of this bit of drivel from last years forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNessa
Is allowing your opponent to score 3 or 4 not considered trouble RM? Or are you implying that your fellow defenders don't match your high standards? Who played on Sudholz put 5 past your boys?

Roberts kicked 6 against your mob. Maybe this is your definition of trouble?

"4 or more is my definition of 'trouble'." - quote Ruck Machine.

So tell us Machine - who did you play on this Saturday just gone??

i stand corrected CJAY, but lets be honest it was only against the struggling BHN, Where very dissapointed with our loss down South way being 3 goals up at 3qtr time we thought we should have won but a good win to richmond and now where a game out with kew this week so we have shot ourselves in the foot, I dont think anybody will beat Latrobe unless they have many major injuries.

A really exciting game down at Citation. Never more than two goals in it until South broke away at the end of the third. To be honest I thought we were in trouble then as well. To the boys credit they came out and kicked the next 5 goals to start the 4th quarter. Awesome performance which has put the snakes back on track.

Big upset by the Reserves as well, helped by a couple of senior snakes playing in the midfield. Hopethey haven't left it too late for a finals run... would have to win out from here though.

CJAY have you never heard of people having their own opinion, that is exactly what a tip is, i'm betting you are one of those moron's who writes into mike sheehans top 50 and says oh what about this player or your'e kidding that this player got in. How about you don't bag people for having an opinion as they are entitled to it pin head!

i'd have to say with what i've seen of BHN (3 games) and other results that they would have to be the worse team going around in D4 and therefore the ammos.

Then you've not seen chadstone then? 188-7 this past weekend. I should think that'd put them squarely in last place.

Watched a great game of ammos footy on saturday between nth brunny and manningham, a high scoring contest between two evenly matched sides played in good spirits. The only sour note was after the game only 5 players and the runner came in for a drink from manningham really poor effort, we know they had a function that night but this doesn't stop you from coming in and buying 1 drink makes you look like poor losers.

Alright then Squidda, my opinion is that both you and Mike Sheehan are tools, with a highly inflated opinion of yourselves.

There you go pin head!

Then you've not seen chadstone then? 188-7 this past weekend. I should think that'd put them squarely in last place.

Either way we'll find out next weekend, with the two sides playing each other.

Eley Park are a much-improved outfit and certainly not out of the finals race although I do fancy that the 5 currently in there will finish there after 18 rounds.

Cjay, reading people's tips and picking out the incorrect ones is a very easy exercise as I'm sure you're well aware!

Saw a great hanger taken by an Albert Park player in the last quarter on Saturday.

Are Albert Park at full strength or are they expecting to get more senior players back on the ground before the end of the year?

Also great come back from Kew in the reserves but just fell short by 5 points in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back