Swinburne Uni
Eley Park
North Brunswick
Manningham
Box Hill North
Chadstone

And possibly:

Point Cook

I assume Point Cook will field team in D4 as they are advertising for both seniors and reserves....however that depends on number of players they can get.
How does the league work?i mean fixture..
everyteam play eachother twice one home and one away?

I assume Point Cook will field team in D4 as they are advertising for both seniors and reserves....however that depends on number of players they can get.
How does the league work?i mean fixture..
everyteam play eachother twice one home and one away?

There would be 11 teams meaning that it would not be possible to play each team twice.

Some teams would have 2 byes which would mean the league would need to consider this when choosing which teams make finals.

There would be 11 teams meaning that it would not be possible to play each team twice.

Some teams would have 2 byes which would mean the league would need to consider this when choosing which teams make finals.

Good point.

This may also mean D4 sides would be required to play on the queens birthday weekend??

Though it may be a moot point, if Ivanhoe merges, then Monash won't come down. It may be there are only 9 teams in D4 next year.

Good point.

This may also mean D4 sides would be required to play on the queens birthday weekend??

Though it may be a moot point, if Ivanhoe merges, then Monash won't come down. It may be there are only 9 teams in D4 next year.

There is nothing worse than having a bye. I hope there is an even number of teams!

D4 Starters, at this stage

Monash Gryphons
Richmond Central
Sth Mornington
Mount Lilydale
Swinburne Uni
Eley Park
North Brunswick
Manningham
Box Hill North
Chadstone

And possibly:

Point Cook

Who are the stronger teams in D4?
Top 6 Finals?

Have it on good authority that Monash will not be relegated, The two Ivanhoe teams will become one and both Point Cook and Assumption will join D4! Assumption to play out of Kilmore and a handful of games from Elsternwick Park & Arden St.

Have it on good authority that Monash will not be relegated, The two Ivanhoe teams will become one and both Point Cook and Assumption will join D4! Assumption to play out of Kilmore and a handful of games from Elsternwick Park & Arden St.

Big news....Looks like your VAFA insider has the scoops.;)

I think you're forgetting about the Assumption College Kilmore Old Boys.

Shane Crawford was spotted in earnest discussion with an ACK notable during the B section GF on Saturday.

i said that as a joke about 4 weeks ago, is it actually real? and have they actually got a club up and going for next yr?

in 08 they said they would and were looking for grounds but surely the vafa would have said something by now if they were coming in next yr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think the Ivanhoe merger will happen- would basically be a takeover ; goodbye to Ivanhoe's history. However; believe Assumption met with the VAFA last week. There has been no announcement yet though , so unsure what resulted.

Shane Crawford was spotted in earnest discussion with an ACK notable during the B section GF on Saturday.

i said that as a joke about 4 weeks ago, is it actually real?

Of course its real. I needed to speak to said ACK notable and had to wait - couldn't get a word in edgeways past Crawf.

Definitely Kilmore home ground, with Sportscover as an alternate. Arden St is a new one on me - but it makes sense given their connections, and it'd be a fine ground to have a run on.

Of course its real. I needed to speak to said ACK notable and had to wait - couldn't get a word in edgeways past Crawf.

Definitely Kilmore home ground, with Sportscover as an alternate. Arden St is a new one on me - but it makes sense given their connections, and it'd be a fine ground to have a run on.

What will Crawf's role be? Playing Coach?

Apart from Crawf what other notables will they be able to recruit?

Am i right in saying this Ivanhoe and Old Ivanhoe are going to merge? If so surely not become 1 and start in D4!! OI were playing A grade this year. People are taking us for a ride aren't they?

Am i right in saying this Ivanhoe and Old Ivanhoe are going to merge? If so surely not become 1 and start in D4!! OI were playing A grade this year. People are taking us for a ride aren't they?

The merged side would stay in the upper grade.

I don't believe there is any truth to the Assumption rumours any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back