D4 D4 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 7 Preview

Nth Brunswick
over Box Hill Nth by 54 Pts (Jim Sutton has penned this one the Prefixes vs. The Suffixes, and that is good enough for me, however I give the latter no chance whatsoever at Allard Park. The Irish/Croat blend of Messer’s Murphy & Lucevic to prove too much for the Demons).
Sth Mornington over the Sharks by 5 Pts (Clear match of the day for mine. Which team will stand up and continue their winning streak? Something tells me it will be the Tigers who have posted a fine away win already and are tough to beat at home. Michael Clark to continue his fine form for the home side).
Monash over The Snakes by 36 Pts (The Gryphons may be standing 5-0, but they have beaten 5 of the bottom 6 teams, so one could argue they have not been fully tested as yet. Having said that, they play East Caulfield with much aplomb and should be too strong. Ozzie must be rapt with the way his charges have finished games so far and expect no difference after an even first half).
The Cobras over Pt Cook by 16 Pts (Laurie Zarafa's major concern is the fact that his charges average fewer than 70 points a game, however Manningham are a hard at the ball outfit who tested Monash for a half and should have little trouble shaking off the Dogs at home as long as they can quell Aaron Marsh).
The Rams over the Razorbacks by 51 Pts (The common estimate is that Mt Lilydale are a five goal better side at home and on that proviso the margin should be significant. This will place added pressure on Swinburne keeping on pace with the pack. Alaster Stuart to continue his stellar form for the Rams.

Round 7 Review

Glad to report I selected all 5! (29/35 cumulative)...

If I were Big Waz, my power rankings would see the Tigers firmly atop the charts after their sterling come from behind win against the Sharks. Whilst many from Whitehorse Reserve took issue at Souths controversial conduct, none could deny the clubs tenacity to snatch the four points. We have a contender. Mick Clark and Sammy Wright proving too much for Eley Park who were far from disgraced. North Brunswick and Manningham had expected home wins, but the convincing manner in which each were acquired was pleasing to all and sundry. The Gryphons overcame their poor start bogey to towel up the Snakes and The Rams made light work of a disappointing Swinburne. I seldom get too far ahead of matters present, but the June 18 visit of the Gryphons to Lilydale is a mouth watering prospect indeed! Expect both teams to remain undefeated, a la Stk/Geel last year.

Round 8 Preview

Monash over Chadstone by 135 Pts (The forecast rain will be the only thing that prevents the Gryphons in breaking their club record score and/or winning margin).
Swinburne over Box Hill Nth by 14 Pts (Each of the remaining fixtures should be crackers and don't be surprised if we see the odd upset. The Demons will be very tough to toss for a Razorbacks outfit who were most disappointing last time round. I expect them just to do enough with David Dore proving a handful for Box Hill).
The Cobras over the Snakes by 3 Pts (The battle of the arachnids I see going down to the wire, however I feel a minor upset is on the cards. Manningham have been more than just competitive in recent weeks and Centrals have been problematic at best. Ben Cookson to play a pivotal leaders role for the visitors).
South over Pt Cook by 23 Pts (The Tigers are playing arguably the third best football in the competition and although the Doggies are a far better side at home, they will struggle to contain Souths run from defence. Expect a fine contribution from Bobby Wilson).
Eley Park over Nth Brunswick by 6 Pts (The Sharks home ground advantage coupled with the pain of letting one slip last Saturday is enough for me to tip the scales in their favour. North will fight and scrap all day however, in a contest befitting a final the influence of Michael Viola up forward will be too much).

Good luck to all

Quasi

arachnids? :)

RC v MC should be a ripper down at the Snake Pit. It's RC's past players day as well, so there hsould be a good crowd, and the Richmond Tigers president will be in attendance.

Go Snakes!

31/35 progressive.

Tough week for tipping with a few games that could go either way and some danger games for some teams.

Monash vs Chadstone - 138 points. Monash way too strong here at home.
Box Hill North vs Swinburne - 34 points. Swinburne need a win here to stay in contention for finals. They should be able to account for BHN in the end but should be a closer content for most of it.
Richmond Central vs Manningham - 5 points. This should be a very close game all day. I think Manningham are a slightly stronger team but the Richmond talls and the fact they are playing at home should get them over the line.
Point Cook vs South Mornington - 10 points. Very long trip for the Tigers and they don't travel too well. I wonder if any of the boys will be catching the ferry. It is a danger game for them and they should just get over the line over a dissappointing PC. They really haven't lived up to the pre-season hype.
Eley Park vs North Brunswick - 1 point. Match of the round. A win here could help either team start to cement their spot in the top 5. Brunswick are yet to have a bye and EP could potentially end up in 3rd position. EP would be dissappointed after last weeks result and I expect them to come out firing. EP have more options up front with NB a stronger backline. I expect this game to go right to the wire with NB coming away with the smallest of wins.

North Brunswick had the bye in Round 4

Year to date summary:
1-Mt.Lilydale 2-Monash 3-Eley Park 4-Sth Mornington 5-Richmond Centrals 6-Nth Brunswick 7-Swinburne 8-Manningham 9-Box Hill Nth 10-Point Cook 11-Chadstone

Eley Park have come back well after two losses to start the season, now winning 5 out of 6, I think most would have predicted them in the bottom end of the Ladder. Well I did. Two of thier three losses have been by less than a goal which they'd be rotten on now. Still to play Monash or Mt.Lilydale though.
Richmond Centrals are a little unstable at the present. I had them sitting top of the table with Monash now and the end of the year, but may have to reconsider. Although I'm sure they will be playing finals in 2010.
Monash destroy Chadstone by 35 goals and still cant pinch top spot on %. Thats rough! They are still flag favourites for mine.
Good to see B.H.Nth snatch a win this week. For a team without to many wins over a few years, they seem to never give up/in no matter the score.
I wonder if the BYE will bring the Mountain Mens momentum to a harsh holt next week travelling to Sth Mornington.
Positions 3-8 in my opinion could all still battle for that 3rd spot, as only 3 games seperates the lot. The next 4-5 weeks will straighten it up a bit I think, but in saying this I do believe the field is alot closer than any previous years that I can remember in D4.
Mt Lilydale vs Monash in two weeks is nearly worth giving up some weekend O.T to have a squiz. Im leaning towards Monash but it is a Mountain Men home game....

Good game at KB. RC dominated in the 3rd quarter but the cobras came storming back in the 4th quarter. It was closer than the final score suggests with Mann getting within 3 goals with 6 mins to go.

They wouldn't have had much happening without their big FF though! A bit like PC in that regard, relying on the one forward target.

Good game, and great that the rain held off until the final siren.

Good game at KB. RC dominated in the 3rd quarter but the cobras came storming back in the 4th quarter. It was closer than the final score suggests with Mann getting within 3 goals with 6 mins to go.

They wouldn't have had much happening without their big FF though! A bit like PC in that regard, relying on the one forward target.

i thought the cobras were the team to beat this year?

You mean Sammy Mac?

Great game at Elgar Park on Saturday, 43 goals, about 10 lead changes and the biggest margin of the day was the final margin. Game was played in great spirit.

Also many thanks to the 30 odd Swinny blokes who stayed around after the game :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back