D4 D4 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
starting a bit late! most other clubs started months ago!:p

Too hard to get to decent grounds the last few years. We've lost recruits before as a result of training on the verges of grounds, in random parks (changing depending on the night) & other similar crap.

Much better set-up this year & we're doing what we can to provide the right environment for those that do come down, rather than scaring blokes off with shit training facilities before they even get started.

It won't win us games, but at least it gives us a chance of getting & keeping new players.

Too hard to get to decent grounds the last few years. We've lost recruits before as a result of training on the verges of grounds, in random parks (changing depending on the night) & other similar crap.

Much better set-up this year & we're doing what we can to provide the right environment for those that do come down, rather than scaring blokes off with shit training facilities before they even get started.

It won't win us games, but at least it gives us a chance of getting & keeping new players.

I'm with you IFF, starting too early can sometimes be damaging if blokes are still in cricket/holiday mode, or simply just need a break. I note on BHN FC website, they had over 20 sessions scheduled before Christmas, so I guess they should be flying come round 1.

Pretty sure at our level as long as you start running and training by Feb and get 3 practise matches in which is where the REAL fitness comes , you will be right for round 1, especially with the season starting April 10 for Rd 1.

Agreed Roganjosh... At that rate BHN will probably spike at around Christmas and when it comes to the season will be soar and weary... We arent elite athletes.

Good to be back on the track... though finding a track is harder this year than in the past.... It's a shame given all the rain we had pre-xmas? The grass around richmond seems to have died in the ass already!

Good to be back on the track... though finding a track is harder this year than in the past.... It's a shame given all the rain we had pre-xmas? The grass around richmond seems to have died in the ass already!
Anyone heard how Monash Gryphs are travelling of late??

Like everyone else the Gryphs are a few weeks in to preseason training. Things are going well. Good numbers and looking forward to the real action to start.

look out for another monster year from the Sharks CHB - one of the best in the league Mick Marsiglio - gun player!

great to watch, both on and off the field....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is my crack at 2010

1. Monash Gryphons (Prob straight back up)
2. Richmond Centrals (a couple more depth players and they are a chance of going up)
3. Mt Lilydale (keep last years list bring back in Rhodes should be very competitve)
4. South Mornington (played finals last year should do again)
5. Manningham (big improvers this year)
6. North Brunswick (went in the right direction last year should keep going this year)
7. Eley Park (Round about the same as '09)
8. Swinburne Uni (without yammin might struggle, how ever with the new rooms and a perfect location for a ground things could look up in years to come.)
9. Box Hill North (could struggle again)
10. Point Cook (not coming out of clubbies so a complete unknown, thank god its them and not Assumption OB though)
11. Chadstone (cant see them moving up the ladder)

As I say thats just my feb guess good luck to all clubs this year and just enjoy our footy.

Here is my crack at 2010

1. Monash Gryphons (Prob straight back up)
2. Richmond Centrals (a couple more depth players and they are a chance of going up)
3. Mt Lilydale (keep last years list bring back in Rhodes should be very competitve)
4. South Mornington (played finals last year should do again)
5. Manningham (big improvers this year)
6. North Brunswick (went in the right direction last year should keep going this year)
7. Eley Park (Round about the same as '09)
8. Swinburne Uni (without yammin might struggle, how ever with the new rooms and a perfect location for a ground things could look up in years to come.)
9. Box Hill North (could struggle again)
10. Point Cook (not coming out of clubbies so a complete unknown, thank god its them and not Assumption OB though)
11. Chadstone (cant see them moving up the ladder)

As I say thats just my feb guess good luck to all clubs this year and just enjoy our footy.

If reports of 50+ on the track for point cook are accurate then they will be top half if not in the finals. Surely. How many teams had 50 on the track any night this week? Maybe monash?

If reports of 50+ on the track for point cook are accurate then they will be top half if not in the finals. Surely. How many teams had 50 on the track any night this week? Maybe monash?

Had a look at some of the photos on the PC website yesterday & there appear to be some reasonable sized lads amongst them. They also don't seem to be blowing up their numbers to pump up their own tyres. There was at least one photo where you could count 40+ players.

Also, I had a quick look at the VAFA clearances site & they have put in for 21 clearances on the first day of trading. Given new players don't need clearances & there will no doubt be a few of those, their numbers appear as though they will be pretty good.

Don't be surprised if Point Cook are pretty good in their first year.

Whats the pre season report on each club??

Which players are flying??

Any hard luck injuries?

Confirmed Praccy matches?? Etc:thumbsu:

The Rams have praccy matches against Eley Park & either Prahran or Yarra Glen.
Melbdocker....Rhodes is back after almost a year off, looks fit and ready to go.
Have picked up some handy types from Chirnside Park and Kilsyth.
Pre-season has been varied, hard but good.

Can Chadstone afford to loose players of the calibre like Bibby & Bourke?

Had a look at some of the photos on the PC website yesterday & there appear to be some reasonable sized lads amongst them. They also don't seem to be blowing up their numbers to pump up their own tyres. There was at least one photo where you could count 40+ players.

Also, I had a quick look at the VAFA clearances site & they have put in for 21 clearances on the first day of trading. Given new players don't need clearances & there will no doubt be a few of those, their numbers appear as though they will be pretty good.

Don't be surprised if Point Cook are pretty good in their first year.

Point cook have been fortunate with players, all shapes and sizes, whippets, big men etc etc... so are pretty balanced... Numbers have been solid right from the start, even a week before xmas when training was officially over there were 20 odd blokes still doing there own thing...

In relation to clearences, you're right most have played at some stage or another... but i 'think' dont know for sure, but clearences still have to be filled out even if it's been 5-9 years since u last played?? someone else might be able to confirm... there's plenty more clearances to go...

I do hope you're right about PC being a suprise packet but time will tell... you can never know how a whole team of blokes new to each other will gel... trying to remember 60 odd blokes names is tough...

Cant wait for the season to roll around...

The Rams have praccy matches against Eley Park & either Prahran or Yarra Glen.
Melbdocker....Rhodes is back after almost a year off, looks fit and ready to go.
Have picked up some handy types from Chirnside Park and Kilsyth.
Pre-season has been varied, hard but good.

Can Chadstone afford to loose players of the calibre like Bibby & Bourke?

they didn't win a game last year, they cant really go backwards...

ill.take the $101 manningham 2 win the flag

Just give me the money - it'd be safer! :D

Is there anyone from Chadstone out there? How are the numbers? Obviously a couple of guys have put in clearances to move, but have new, improved versions of these guys appeared to replace them?

Lets hope Chadstone can find some replacements. It'd be a shame to see them go after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back