D4 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not give it a crack:
1 Eley Park - It's Time!
2 Hawthorn- Only relegated after the tribunal fiasco, will go straight back up
3 Point Cook - not sure getting hammered in their only finals appearance will help
4 Box Hill North - Time for the boys to stand up and help RM get into the finals
5 North Brunswick- my roughy for finals
6 West Brunswick - Blood some young 1's players, solid year ahead
7 Northern Blues - Just a guess really
8 Manningham - Just see others getting better and Manningham staying where they are.
9 Chadstone- More wins around the corner and improvement for the 2's.
10 Mt Lilydale - It's all down hill for the rams

Why not give it a crack:
1 Eley Park - It's Time!
2 Hawthorn- Only relegated after the tribunal fiasco, will go straight back up
3 Point Cook - not sure getting hammered in their only finals appearance will help
4 Box Hill North - Time for the boys to stand up and help RM get into the finals
5 North Brunswick- my roughy for finals
6 West Brunswick - Blood some young 1's players, solid year ahead
7 Northern Blues - Just a guess really
8 Manningham - Just see others getting better and Manningham staying where they are.
9 Chadstone- More wins around the corner and improvement for the 2's.
10 Mt Lilydale - It's all down hill for the rams

Hawthorn begin training tomorrow night - They have had some good numbers across 2 'pre' preseason kicks already.

Have also heard that North Brunswick have got some decent recruits out of the EDFL.

Northern Blues would be pretty young and enthousiastic you would think too.

1 Eley Park
2 Nth Bruns
3 Point Cook
4 Hawthorn
5 Mt Lilydale
6 Southern Dragons
7 BHN
8 West Bruns
9 Nth Blues
10 Manningham
11 Chadstone

Nth Blues are like a first starter without any public barrier trials...how will they cope? Very interesting...

Welcome to the south dragons. Some clubs will avoid a trip out to pt.cook and Mt.Lilydale.

3 different sides than last year will make things interesting.

Disappointing about the 2 games we lose, but long term it's a smart move by the Vafa.

isnt that fantastic that the dragons have joined d4. Now we have an uneven fixture and byes. BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why couldnt VAFA wait another year to MT lilydale went back to clubbies or Masala started playing D4.

I suppose we should get our fees cheaper now as we are only playing 16 games.

Same thing happened a few years back, we went to a 16 game season because of the drought? Clubs got a 15% discount or something like that.

Has the draw been set for D4 yet? It would be cracking to see the dragons v BHN in round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting - finding grounds - maybe they could reward the top 3 teams with a home final - although that may bring up its own challenges.
The Ammos wouldn't allow that. How would they charge to enter grounds that aren't fenced off?

The Ammos wouldn't allow that. How would they charge to enter grounds that aren't fenced off?

Would be easy. The VAFA could charge a nominal amount for each home club ..say $500/$750 and club could easily make that up through the canteen/after game. The loss of revenue for first week of finals in lower divisions would not be that much anyway. I'm all for it - Great Idea by the Spin Doctor.

Final 6 is yet to be cemented in.

But if it is, I reckon it will be the following:

Week 1

3v6
4v5

Week 2

Winner 3v6 vs 2
Winner 4vs5 vs 1

Week 3
Grand Final

Very quiet on here considering the inclusion of 3 new sides in 2013.

How is recruiting going out there? Who is everyon e playing in practice matches and when?

i hear rumors that a big year is ahead after a solid preseason with some big new recruits at the dragons....

i expect to see the dragons in the top 2 this season after being relatively competitive in SFL Div 2!!!!!!

Will be interesting to see how the dragons go.

There is the great unknown about them.

They also don't know anything about the rest of us.

Looking forward to round one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back