Daft Punk coming to Australia!

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no voice, my whole body hurts, there's dust caked in my throat, nose and eyes, yet I've never been happier.

I ended up getting to the Bowl at around three.

Friend lied. There was almost no one lining up. Said friend will receive football to the groin next time I see him. Myself and another mate I was with then decided to walk around the city until 4ish.

We got back to the Bowl a bit before four, so we decided to sit around and line up at Gate Two, since the queue was getting pretty lengthy. 4:50 rolled around and I was ready to go in, until dumbarse me realised that I had a Gate One ticket, so off I went and took my place at the end of a mile long queue. The wait was surprisingly short, and I ended up inside about 15 minutes later.

A couple of us found a good spot in the general area (about 5 metres away from the fence, dead centre).

In terms of the support acts, most were decent. The Presets got the crowd going and SebastiAn and Kavinsky weren't too bad.

Random highlight of the night goes to hearing Ambopop sometime earlier in the evening.

Then of course, it was time for Daft Punk. The buildup from the crowd was insane, and the reaction even better.

SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!!

Daft Punk were simply amazing. Breathtaking, incredible, brilliant, mind-blowing. So, so many words to describe it, but none can really do what everyone saw tonight justice.

I still don't think it's sunk in. My mind's all over the place. The whole place was torn to pieces. It was incredible.

The small things were often the most effective. The smoke gave the whole setup an amazing atmosphere. The sheer number of people within such a small place was also amazing. Turning around and seeing ten thousand people on the hill was insane.

The flow of the set was almost flawless. So many massive moments.

The brief moments of silence during the set were oh so good. When they dropped the bells from Aerodynamic I could have died on the spot and died a happy man.

The HBFS/AtW mix was huge. By far one of the best moments of the night.

Hearing One More Time was also one of the best moments of the night. The crowd reaction was huge. Having ten thousand people singing along gave me goosebumps.

I managed to record a bit of One More Time into Aerodynamic (although the quality is a little off and I only decided to steady the camera after 25 seconds).

[YOUTUBE]7vJzT_Y9Q-k[/YOUTUBE]

I've got a couple more videos, so I'll upload them tomorrow.

Television Rules the Nation, Prime Time of Your Life and Technologic all had huge responses as well.

The light show was fantastic. I've never seen anything like it, and seeing it for the first time I don't think anything will ever come close in terms of being blown away.

Then there was the encore.

By then I thought the night couldn't get any better. I was so, so wrong.

Together was massive. Absolutely massive. Then they dropped the acapella of One More Time. Incredible.

Then the robot suits turned glow in the dark (see avatar). I had a moment there and then. By then the crowd was almost uncontrollable. I don't think I'm ever going to see something as intense as that ever again.

The finish was perfect. The Daft Punk on the back of their suits was the perfect way to finish the night.

It's only three hours after, but I'm already wishing I was back there.

That's how good it was.

**** me that was just.. WOW!!!! Indescribable how just insanely awesome that was. Thought the rest of the show was pretty average. Where S&K or Bang Gang even there? Or was it all pre-recorded. I was right up the front and couldnt see nothin...

I got there way too early . Daft Punk were very good , but the lead up was mediocre at best. Also the knob factor in the crowd made the wait seem longer. Damn those no passout rules.
The pyramid of lights and the performance were very impressive and worth the price of admission.

Every thing i have hope for and heard about this show gave it massive expectations, the hype was ridiculous. But it was everything i wanted and much much more, absolutely mind blowing. The best night of my life.

I was right in the middle of the stalls bit (snuck in to stalls) for last night (Friday) and got some awsome pictures will uplod them soon. Easily the best night of my life. The lightshow was ****ing amazing. I also thought Sebastien and Kavinsky did a good job before daft. Highlight for me was Face to Face acapella into the Harder,Better,Faster,Stronger remix and then in the Encore when they played Together (Which actually is a bangalter and falcon track) into One More time into Music sounds better with you, was ****ing epic.
**** it whole show was epic!

Together was massive. Absolutely massive. Then they dropped the acapella of One More Time. Incredible.
Then the robot suits turned glow in the dark (see avatar). I had a moment there and then. By then the crowd was almost uncontrollable. I don't think I'm ever going to see something as intense as that ever again.
Just about the highlight for me. Also Rolling and Scratchin' and Brain Washer. :eek:

I've uploaded another vid of the HBFS / AtW mix (although the quality again is lacking a bit).

[YOUTUBE]aDs1WlnNpss[/YOUTUBE]

I also took a few photos during the course of the night (most of which aren't very good!), so here are a couple of the better ones.

daftpunk2.jpg

102_0645.jpg

daftpunk.jpg

what_smile.gif
what_smile.gif
what_smile.gif

The best thing I have EVER seen.

Unbelievable.

Agreed, surpassed all my expectations. At one stage I jumped on some mates shoulders and the view was just insane. Can't describe it, just one of the most truly amazing scenes ever.

Anyone else here head to onelove after the show? That after party was completely off the chain. Sebastian and Kavinsky + Daft Punk all working the decks at the same time. Must have been a hundred people on that stage. Blew my mind.

Highlight of the set was Bangalter necking an entire bottle of Absolut straight while playing. For 30 bucks that was one hell of an afterparty.

This vid is from coachella, but I'm sure you guys will agree it brings back fond memories of thursday!

[youtube]9a5dBJDz2vs[/youtube]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine so, and for the record, yes we are starved of talent in ways you wouldn't believe.

I guess it must of been 10 years since they last visited, and as Divado is obviously only 9 years old he is getting a bit excited.

Oh well, as the population grows down under, I suspect it will make touring more worthwhile for bands in the future

I guess it must of been 10 years since they last visited, and as Divado is obviously only 9 years old he is getting a bit excited.

Oh well, as the population grows down under, I suspect it will make touring more worthwhile for bands in the future

Well, this was the fastest selling Daft Punk tour in their history - so I'd call it a success.

It's not so much the amount of people attending the events, the problem is the logistics of shipping out stage shows. Most acts don't bother bringing their expensive lighting or stage shows out here, because it simply isn't cost effective.

Well, this was the fastest selling Daft Punk tour in their history - so I'd call it a success.

It's not so much the amount of people attending the events, the problem is the logistics of shipping out stage shows. Most acts don't bother bringing their expensive lighting or stage shows out here, because it simply isn't cost effective.

Really? Does that go for all acts, or just the smaller ones? I take it when U2 or the Stones do a tour they bring the full works with them? It's a shame that, cos you got some great venues down there.

I suppose it's another reason why you all seem to take two years out in europe eh

Sorry about that englishwarrior. It has been 10 years since Daft Punk toured and for many, many people last time they toured we were still in primary school, as it was for me. Daft Punk are the greatest electronic act going around with the most amazing show i've ever seen so i think a 10 page thread is justified.

Did you stay for Bangalter? I think he was just up there with busy for a while - hard to tell who he is without his helmet lol

Check YouTube; there is a video somewhere of him on the decks at a house party about a decade ago.

Also, I am absolutely ****ing spewing they didn't come to Adelaide. I believe you guys when you say how incredible they were; I can't think of any 'dance' act I'd rather see.

Did I read somewhere that this is the final tour they'll be using the Pyramid?

Yeah i stayed all night but Bangalter did not hit the decks (thursday). Absolutely spewing as that is one thing i would love to witness is a dj set by him.

As for the pyramid it will be retired after this tour (last show in Sydney).

I wonder what 2008 will have in store for Daft Punk. I would love for them to make a new album but i reckon that is unlikely. My money would be on them making more movies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Daft Punk coming to Australia!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back