Daft Punk coming to Australia!

Remove this Banner Ad

no offecne but why would you want to see artists such as Daft Punk and Chemical Brothers live. Sure I like to hear the songs on the radio but seeing them live??? What's the point all they do is press a button and call it a concert.

no offecne but why would you want to see artists such as Daft Punk and Chemical Brothers live. Sure I like to hear the songs on the radio but seeing them live??? What's the point all they do is press a button and call it a concert.

Yes they call this singular buttonn the "magic button"

Whats there to know . All u have to do is press a few buttons . jump around like a moron and hand out E's and coke

He has a point, alot of Dj's are really boring to see. But daft punk have an amazing visual side to them which is mindblowing. I love there music, but the visuals at the show made it for me.

There is a lot more to it than that. The guys from Daft Punk are extremely talented artists. I'd love to see you produce your own tracks.

early thomas bangalter/le knight club is all quality

rumours about a few bangalter and dj falcon productions soon which should be pumping

I like Midnights Juggernauts and The Presets are awesome live at least they sorta have a band. I dunno just seeing someone like Chemical Brothers or Daft Punk just for a light show is a waste money lol You better off buying there albums and having fun at you own parties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Midnights Juggernauts and The Presets are awesome live at least they sorta have a band. I dunno just seeing someone like Chemical Brothers or Daft Punk just for a light show is a waste money lol You better off buying there albums and having fun at you own parties.
if you went you would understand. i love the presets the juggers cut copy and bloc party and metallica pretty much all types of music and have been to some awesome concerts, but Daft Punk was the best thing i have ever seen. The set flowed flawlessly. It seriously feels like an alien space craft lands and plays this out of this world music and then just takes off just like it landed and you're left with this awe inspiring experience. After it finished i sat there with this look on my face
eek5.gif

Yeah the Light show does look pretty fascinating but would you feel the asame way if it was played on the open street. See that's a thing a good rock bad can play almost everywhere and sound good and I mean anywhere by on the street or in a community Hall where they don't have the capacity to put on huge effects.

Yeah the Light show does look pretty fascinating but would you feel the asame way if it was played on the open street. See that's a thing a good rock bad can play almost everywhere and sound good and I mean anywhere by on the street or in a community Hall where they don't have the capacity to put on huge effects.

they still need their instruments and amps. if daft punk played a small club gig with just decks they would be amazing too. i do know where your coming from though i used to think the same thing until i started going to see a few djs. But the average band is a shitload better then the average dj.

Why would you bother seeing metallica? All they do is strum guitars and hit drums.

Seriously though, tiger, come to my house, I'll give you one shot at mixing one 4/4 track into another 4/4 track and if you can't beatmatch it perfectly (Don't worry, you can just leave your headphones off like kavinsky and say it was deliberate) then your argument fails.

In any case. Sydney venue was better, atmosphere was NOT. Maybe because it was the 40k crowd, but no one around responded to the cues given by DP at all, like the "Human, robot, human, robot" at the start and when DP came out of their pyramid and applauded the crowd and waved goodbye to the pyramid, it was still kinda.. dead and quiet.:(

they still need their instruments and amps. if daft punk played a small club gig with just decks they would be amazing too. i do know where your coming from though i used to think the same thing until i started going to see a few djs. But the average band is a shitload better then the average dj.
Agreed, but oversimplification kills any argument. I'd say the average producer is better than the average band.

Well, I've seen some of the biggest and best bands in the world and I can tell you right now, that two weeks later I'm still smiling over Daft Punk.

I don't think there's any better argument than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Daft Punk coming to Australia!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back