Daisy in trouble ?

Remove this Banner Ad

The MRP didnt know when the verdict was given so Riewoldt was suspeneded for the act not the out come. Daisy has to go for three.

So what you are saying is Daisy should go for 3 cause Reiwoldt got 3 !!!

You can't justify giving Daisy 3 weeks due to the 2 incidents being completely different , there is no precedence on previous cases at the MRP remember..

the rumour is that thomas will be cleared. nothing official as yet from the afl as their press release won't be till around 4pm but there's some mail around suggesting that the contact to the head of ibbotson has been deemed to be negligible and not of sufficient force to constitute low impact and therefore a sanction

just what i've heard

my source is bbq

the rumour is that thomas will be cleared. nothing official as yet from the afl as their press release won't be till around 4pm but there's some mail around suggesting that the contact to the head of ibbotson has been deemed to be negligible and not of sufficient force to constitute low impact and therefore a sanction

just what i've heard

my source is bbq

:rolleyes:

When were you actually allowed to? A hit to the head in any form has usually resulted in a free kick (at least) since I began watching the game regularly in 1993.

lol sorry ..but i can't help but have a chuckle at this ...what a veteran you are ....lol still laughing here . :D

back in the day head high bumps were par for the course...ask your dad . ;)

lol sorry ..but i can't help but have a chuckle at this ...what a veteran you are ....lol still laughing here . :D

back in the day head high bumps were par for the course...ask your dad . ;)

So I'm a no-clue, Johnny-come-lately because I've been watching the game week-in, week-out for just under 20 years? Ok then...

I'm not going to claim that I've seen anything more than highlights from before my time (born in 1988), but I'm as aware of the history of football as anyone here (through a parent who has been watching since the mid-1950s, as well as my own reading and interest in the history of the game). I know how the game was "back in the day" (30, 40, 50 years ago), but I'm talking about the past 20 years - recent history, AFL era, which the majority of people on this site have seen. Yes, the league has cracked down hard on head-high contact over the past 5 years or so, and people look for it more now based on the increased attention head-high hits have gotten, but you haven't really been able to totally get away with clearly hitting someone in the head around the ball/in view of the umpire for at nearly 20 years from my observations. Most of the time (obviously there's times when it's been let go and play has gone on) if you've solidly/clearly got a bloke in the head, it has resulted in a free kick to the victim.

So I'm a no-clue, Johnny-come-lately because I've been watching the game week-in, week-out for just under 20 years? Ok then...

I'm not going to claim that I've seen anything more than highlights from before my time (born in 1988), but I'm as aware of the history of football as anyone here (through a parent who has been watching since the mid-1950s, as well as my own reading and interest in the history of the game). I know how the game was "back in the day" (30, 40, 50 years ago), but I'm talking about the past 20 years - recent history, AFL era, which the majority of people on this site have seen. Yes, the league has cracked down hard on head-high contact over the past 5 years or so, and people look for it more now based on the increased attention head-high hits have gotten, but you haven't really been able to totally get away with clearly hitting someone in the head around the ball/in view of the umpire for at nearly 20 years from my observations. Most of the time (obviously there's times when it's been let go and play has gone on) if you've solidly/clearly got a bloke in the head, it has resulted in a free kick to the victim.
yes you are absolutely correct :thumbsu: And i wasn't having a go at you ..i just found it amusing :)
But back in the 70's and 80's players pretty much biffed anyone and got away with it if no umpire managed to see it, even then the player who was hit would lie at the tribunal to get the other bloke off.
Players had their own code for dealing with it and would even up the score the next time the teams met .
The game is much more sanitised now ..and for the better
i might add.

Remove this Banner Ad

Daisy in trouble ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back