Coach Daisy Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Well personally I am a big fan of this, she has the footy knowledge without doubt, you only have to listen to her on commentary and she legitimately shits all over the other dribblers they have on.
Does it guarantee that she will be good, absolutely not... But it's great to see I think.

And for all the dumb ****s ready to roll in with the "how many games/premierships has she won?" derision.... Since when has that been a marker or guarantee of a good coach? Plenty of bung average players have been highly regarded in club land and seem to be doing just fine.

Once her footy at melb is done... could be a while could be next season. I like her. To me she is the template that women should be trying to copy. Highly skilled ..and not totally focused on defensive aspects of the game. I think he special comments have shown she has something to offer. But would it be totally Men only. I wonder what the women at the club think on this.

I’m going to go out on a limb here, but I reckon she’ll be the first woman to be the head coach of an AFL men’s team and I think she will succeed Chris Scott at the end of his next deal. She is the real deal

Whatever anyone thinks of the appointment (I am definitely a fan), it seems telling to me that she's taken up this offer to work at the Cats. Would have surely had stacks of clubs interested in investing in her, under the program facilitating women's involvement in coaching. She's the most likely to succeed in the coaching caper from the current player pool. To see her come down to the Cattery then is a big tick for our program and our culture.

And you'd have to think she's turned down some sort of offer from her current club (who also happen to be the reigning AFL premiers) to accept a role with us instead. Really good outcome for the GFC and a solid endorsement of what we still have to offer as a destination for players and coaches alike.

Stay classy, Geelong.

Love this addition to our coaching staff, and looking forward to seeing how she goes

As fans we've long asked for changes within the coaching box, and that's what we have now been seeing over the last 8 months

I’m going to go out on a limb here, but I reckon she’ll be the first woman to be the head coach of an AFL men’s team and I think she will succeed Chris Scott at the end of his next deal. She is the real deal

Not wanting to derail this discussion - Daisy's biggest competition to being the first female senior AFL coach will likely be Alicia Eva at GWS. Wouldn't be surprised if Alicia applied & interviewed for the vacant senior coaching role at GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She will do an apprenticeship under Scott and get a level 3 coaching accreditation.
Let's hope she's better at coaching than what she is at commentating..

Whatever anyone thinks of the appointment (I am definitely a fan), it seems telling to me that she's taken up this offer to work at the Cats. Would have surely had stacks of clubs interested in investing in her, under the program facilitating women's involvement in coaching. She's the most likely to succeed in the coaching caper from the current player pool. To see her come down to the Cattery then is a big tick for our program and our culture.

And you'd have to think she's turned down some sort of offer from her current club (who also happen to be the reigning AFL premiers) to accept a role with us instead. Really good outcome for the GFC and a solid endorsement of what we still have to offer as a destination for players and coaches alike.

Stay classy, Geelong.
Good points. And she hasn’t had the cushy armchair ride to the top that the men get. She is a pioneer of the modern women’s game, starting when it wasn’t the semi professional league we have to day. I think she will offer a different eye on the way we play. And a good communicator.

I struggle to get passed it sounding like chairs scraping the floor.
She is comfortably... And I mean comfortably... Sevens best special comments person

Remove this Banner Ad

Back