Coach Daisy Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Good for her, but and this isnt to sound mean or anything, but what was her role at the club? i havnt heard anyone say like (when normally they lose a coach to another team) players or people will say he/she was great at such and such for X players etc, unless thats been said ive missed it, and hope i can get filled in on that

Good for her, but and this isnt to sound mean or anything, but what was her role at the club? i havnt heard anyone say like (when normally they lose a coach to another team) players or people will say he/she was great at such and such for X players etc, unless thats been said ive missed it, and hope i can get filled in on that
Think she was just in development on a part time basis behind our already existing coaching panel, gives her a taste but in reality probably isn't a great loss to the club.

Hard gig for a woman. Early days, but probably started at the the best club, as far as culture goes, to delve into the coaching world.
she definitely read the game well , but that is only half the battle these days.

Glad to have given her a taste. Wish her the best against anyone not wearing hoops

Pretty much how I feel. Part of the role was Geelong being a good corporate citizen opening up a chance for female development. Her getting a Coaching role shows that it probably has worked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Than a senior coaching gig?
I think it depends on her long term aspirations. It potentially puts her on a different pathway. The AFLW has a different level of money which brings a different level of professionalism. We'll see in the coming years if coaches jump both ways between the leagues.

I wonder how much does a Senior AFLW coach get paid relative to a line coach at AFL level

Articles about salaries means the usual grain-of-salt disclaimer applies, nevertheless:

The West Australian understands Pearce is set to rake in approximately $500,000 per season across her three-year contract, plus relocation expenses.

The best-paid [AFL] assistants earn about $300,000.
AFL Senior coaches $700K-$1M
AFL Assistant coach $130K-$300K
AFL Development coach $90K-$180K

She was on at least $100,000 at Geelong (probably a little more), with $50k of that paid by the AFL as part of the Women’s Coach Acceleration Program.

Articles about salaries means the usual grain-of-salt disclaimer applies, nevertheless:

She was on at least $100,000 at Geelong (probably a little more), with $50k of that paid by the AFL as part of the Women’s Coach Acceleration Program.
I would 100% switch jobs for a 5x pay upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back