Dale Thomas - Papers lodged 7th October! - post #1200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting how friendly/supportive both team boards are about the Betts move, but the opposite for this one. Just the old Carlton/Collingwood rivalry rearing its head or is there something else to it?

Matty411 - do you feel dirty for heading over to the pies board? :p
A little. I was perhaps a bit mean and they, to their credit let me explain/elaborate before 'carding me'. Still surprised at how much negativity there is. Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed if I were a Pies supporter too (that thought just made me vomit a little) but there's just so much hate. So much irrational hate.

Right on the money mate,he deserves everything he is going to receive if I were playing against him the 1st thing I would be doing is stamping on his foot and kicking his ankle.

feral

Interesting how friendly/supportive both team boards are about the Betts move, but the opposite for this one. Just the old Carlton/Collingwood rivalry rearing its head or is there something else to it?

To be fair, comparing the two is apples and oranges. We love Betts but he's a small forward on the decline and we have a heap of ready-made replacements for him so losing him sucked but it didn't really shatter us. Pies losing Thomas would be closer to us losing someone like Yarran.

Well I can tell you that is not correct. Nobody can say there is no risk. This is an injury that has a risk of occuring again. All you can do is try to quantify the risk and decide whether that risk is worth taking. It's the nature of the beast.

Rogers did say that there's a risk.

Actually he said that there's a risk with any player but I do think we must have gone in with some trepidation.

We've taken the risk that others didn't take on Menzel and we may have taken one here also, even if it is only a small one.

Carlton supporters need to be patient though.

Remember how long it took McLean to get over his ankle issues. Thomas may not make an immediate impact but we know we can get him right eventually and that he's a quality footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, comparing the two is apples and oranges. We love Betts but he's a small forward on the decline and we have a heap of ready-made replacements for him so losing him sucked but it didn't really shatter us. Pies losing Thomas would be closer to us losing someone like Yarran.

Quite right. I guess I'm just always annoyed when supporters turn on players who leave their club, because those supporters are often also the first to call for a player to be delisted when they have a bad run.

What's to suggest Betts is on the decline? He's an extremely clever small forward with great skills. Smarts and skill don't fade.

Maybe his tackling pressure dropped but his elimination final should remind us what he's capable of. Have also seen him pull some absolute impossible goals out of his arse like no other (port game, essendon step ladder carlisle game).

Adelaide with Walker and another decent tall will benefit a heap from having Eddie there.

What's that about and is there a link?

It was on TWR this morning. Here's a quote from the AFL website.

Jeremy Laidler says he's pretty confident of being picked up again after gauging interest from other clubs. Also happy to move interstate. "It was mutual decision, I knew Mick wasn't much of a fan [of me] so he came in and said we'll look for a trade ... Mick had his theories so I had to cop it on the chin. I'm keen to prove him wrong."

Rogers did say that there's a risk.

Actually he said that there's a risk with any player but I do think we must have gone in with some trepidation.

We've taken the risk that others didn't take on Menzel and we may have taken one here also, even if it is only a small one.

Exactly. We agree.

Carlton supporters need to be patient though.

Remember how long it took McLean to get over his ankle issues. Thomas may not make an immediate impact but we know we can get him right eventually and that he's a quality footballer.
Bullshit! 2014 B & F or GTFO.

I just went for a visit to the Collingwoods board and I can't believe how they're acting.

Compare our thread on Betts leaving compared to theirs on Daisy leaving! Ours is full of sadness but wishing him well, and they are calling Thomas a flog, a crap player and hope that he breaks his ankle.

Bloody hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back