Rumour Damian Barrett to be axed from CH 9

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally don't mind him so much. The problem is that there are far too many football shows (both radio & tv) and far too many sports journalists for what is actually an extremely slow moving sport.

By slow moving, I just mean that not much actually happens in the football world. Yet it is covered for several hours by several media outlets each day.

It needs to be scaled back.

I personally don't mind him so much. The problem is that there are far too many football shows (both radio & tv) and far too many sports journalists for what is actually an extremely slow moving sport.

By slow moving, I just mean that not much actually happens in the football world. Yet it is covered for several hours by several media outlets each day.

It needs to be scaled back.

Hit the nail on the head.

Was on the Sunday Footy show with a "breaking story". Gary Ablett to be a Sun for life. He believed that Ablett will sign in the next few days.

A) Hardly a breaking story
+
B) He hasn't signed
= Barrett and the people at Ch9 who talk him up are dumb, real dumb, for real.

Damian Barrett is a gossip columnist, basically. I love how he's the 'best news breaker in the business', despite the fact he often gets beaten to the punch anyway.

When Patton did his knee last year, Barrett's first angle was "another million dollars down the drain for GWS".

That says all you need to know about him. I really hope this is true.

Damian Barrett is a gossip columnist, basically. I love how he's the 'best news breaker in the business', despite the fact he often gets beaten to the punch anyway.

When Patton did his knee last year, Barrett's first angle was "another million dollars down the drain for GWS".

That says all you need to know about him. I really hope this is true.

Don't want to sound like i am whinging but i agree 100%, there is good gossip and amusing gossip and entertaining gossip and then there is nasty gossip, guess which one is Barretts angle.

Don't want to sound like i am whinging but i agree 100%, there is good gossip and amusing gossip and entertaining gossip and then there is nasty gossip, guess which one is Barretts angle.
;)

And that would be the latter. But it's not just that. It's the sanctimonious overtones it comes laced with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd 4 of sliding doors is up.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-24/sliding-doors-round-four

If it took 3 quarters for Adelaide players to realise they had to help out Danger...that is a major concern
If the Lions are to avert a horror story...they simply have to defeat the Eagles at home
If Nathan Buckley wants to make a statement...the time is right now
If Trent Cotchin maintains his form of last week...the Tigers have hope

It's actually becoming must read it's so bad. I couldn't look away!

It's great! :confused: I hope no-one tells him this and he keeps doing it. The one shame in it is that he gets paid actual money to come up with this shit!

If I'm wrong at work once I'd be out the door ! Should I encourage the kids to take up sports *cough* journalism ?

That's why people gravitate to sports journalism. They can be wrong as often as they like and it really doesn't matter because nobody who matters cares what they think anyway. If they had any ability, they'd be in a real job. Nobody who takes pride in their work performance would ever stoop to the depths of sports journalism to make a living.

Career Info session:

Do you like scandal, rumour and innuendo ? Can you coherently string three words together ? Do you get personal satisfaction of seeing your name in print, or your face on TV ? Can you drink 24 cans a day and burp at least 4 AFL team songs while keeping things dry ? Are your views biased, self-contradictory or just simply non-sensical ? Do you like sport ? Are you a negative try-hard who never made it to the elite level ? Can you even spell 'sport' ?

If you answered 'yes' to most (or even a couple) of these questions, then maybe a career in Sports Journalism is for you !

IF Daniel Rich is a dog man... Then he might want to pop into Woolies since Pal is on special
Triple lol!
PS It often is, sometimes at 50% off.

Rd 4 of sliding doors is up.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-24/sliding-doors-round-four

If it took 3 quarters for Adelaide players to realise they had to help out Danger...that is a major concern
If the Lions are to avert a horror story...they simply have to defeat the Eagles at home
If Nathan Buckley wants to make a statement...the time is right now
If Trent Cotchin maintains his form of last week...the Tigers have hope

It's actually becoming must read it's so bad. I couldn't look away!

IF Daniel Rich is a dog man... Then he might want to pop into Woolies since Pal is on special

Any canine sustenance tips in this week's?

From this weeks "Sliding Doors":

"IF Stevie J is ever a sub again.. THEN well, he will never be a sub again"

*slowly starts clapping*

Flog.

From this weeks "Sliding Doors":

"IF Stevie J is ever a sub again.. THEN well, he will never be a sub again"

*slowly starts clapping*

Flog.

The North one was even dumber:

'IF there’s going to be an unluckier first gamer this year to be omitted than Trent Dumont ... THEN he's going to be a seriously unlucky first-gamer.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Damian Barrett to be axed from CH 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back