Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston does more of everything, and more efficiently, than Newman. No clue what point you are trying to make.
You clearly didn't look. Because your statement is objectively wrong.

They average the same amount of touches.

Newman averages more marks, tackles, 1%ers, pressure acts.

Houston is a slightly better user and obviously gains a bit more territory.

Is it worth 2 first rounders for the same player just 4 years younger?

Nein nein nein.

You clearly didn't look. Because your statement is objectively wrong.

They average the same amount of touches.

Newman averages more marks, tackles, 1%ers, pressure acts.

Houston is a slightly better user and obviously gains a bit more territory.

Is it worth 2 first rounders for the same player just 4 years younger?

Nein nein nein.
lol so what are you seeing that all of us, the afl community and the all Australian committee are not?

lol so what are you seeing that all of us, the afl community and the all Australian committee are not?
You seen who's on the selection committee? And you speak for the whole AFL community? From SA?

No one's saying he's a bad player. But he's overrated 100%.

Geez the ferals are not happy. Maybe Rachele was right.
Teeth Missing Tooth GIF

Last edited:
You seen who's on the selection committee? And you speak for the while AFL community? From SA?

Teeth Missing Tooth GIF
Being a Carlton supporter you would clearly understand the definition of feral. He is not leaving anyway.

You seen who's on the selection committee? And you speak for the while AFL community? From SA?

Teeth Missing Tooth GIF
I’m not from SA.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find anyone from another club saying Newman is better than Houston.

You also need to start backing up your statements with some evidence, not just throwing insults around.

I’m not from SA.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find anyone from another club saying Newman is better than Houston.

You also need to start backing up your statements with some evidence, not just throwing insults around.
Start backing up? You conveniently missed the hard statistical analysis provided while providing none yourself?

Selective hearing is a serious issue amongst PA supporters it seems.

Not being released according to Ken. He is contracted for three more years, Port don't have to do anything.

You can read that as not being released unless the offer is compelling. No club is coming with a compelling offer so Dan stays.

I’m not from SA.

Closer then you are giving credit for.

Houston is a crap fit for Carlton though because of Newman also. The fit is 100% Meobourne and it showed last night. Salem kicking 45m up and in the kick ins show they just need someone down to control the defense that way

Not being released according to Ken. He is contracted for three more years, Port don't have to do anything.

You can read that as not being released unless the offer is compelling. No club is coming with a compelling offer so Dan stays.
They all say that when it comes to high profile players under contract. It's just media talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Closer then you are giving credit for.

Houston is a crap fit for Carlton though because of Newman also. The fit is 100% Meobourne and it showed last night. Salem kicking 45m up and in the kick ins show they just need someone down to control the defense that way
It's unlikely he'll go to a club looking for a defender if part of the reason he's leaving is for more opportunity in the midfield.

Houston wont be playing in a similar position as Newman. He's playing midfield getting ball from Cripps and Walsh to kick to into the forward line. He'll be a big part of their midfield.

Houston's a minor upgrade on Newman imo but not enough that we should be forking out 2 firsts for him. He's a good player, not a great one.

That's just my view on things. If we made some moves and found a way around the steep asking price from Port and kept our first rounder this year I'd certainly be happy to have him, but I just can't see it happening.

Houston's a minor upgrade on Newman imo but not enough that we should be forking out 2 firsts for him. He's a good player, not a great one.

That's just my view on things. If we made some moves and found a way around the steep asking price from Port and kept our first rounder this year I'd certainly be happy to have him, but I just can't see it happening.
He's 1 of the best by foot in the game. Close to no.1 in the comp at picking targets inside 50. He's in a elite category of players of the game. Very damaging player. 2 firsts is his price.

He's 1 of the best by foot in the game. Close to no.1 in the comp at picking targets inside 50. He's in a elite category of players of the game. Very damaging player. 2 firsts is his price.
I'm not disputing his worth as a player, I'm saying given we already have Newman, there's no reason we should be forking out 2 first rounders for a player that might give us 5-10% better output than a player we already have.

If we were paying up that much we'd be better served using that currency on a positional need such as a good small forward or a 2nd KPD.

Houston's a gun player. Just not the type we should be going all in on imo.

I'm not disputing his worth as a player, I'm saying given we already have Newman, there's no reason we should be forking out 2 first rounders for a player that might give us 5-10% better output than a player we already have.

If we were paying up that much we'd be better served using that currency on a positional need such as a good small forward or a 2nd KPD.

Houston's a gun player. Just not the type we should be going all in on imo.
That 5-10% is the difference between losing and winning games now days.

That 5-10% is the difference between losing and winning games now days.
Yeah but if we spent 2 first rounders to upgrade Brodie Kemp down back with a Noah Balta or someone we'd be getting a much bigger improvement for the money spent.

I just think Carlton have more pressing needs than a half back distributor right now.

We still need Houston yeh?

Newman stats from today.
35 disposal (game high)
16 marks (game high)
638 metres gained (game high)
86% efficiency

Yeh Houston is good, but it's a pass for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back