Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Closer then you are giving credit for.

Houston is a crap fit for Carlton though because of Newman also. The fit is 100% Meobourne and it showed last night. Salem kicking 45m up and in the kick ins show they just need someone down to control the defense that way
Nope, great fit. Would give us a quality left right combo off the HBF, and Newy has one maybe two years left.

I mean, he's good and all, but 141st in AFL for goal assists with 9. Let's keep a bit of perspsctive.

Newman the best full time defender with 14 incidentally.

"Let's keep a bit of perspective." Yet you show a stat that is literally predominantly favoured to forwards and midfield players? How about being more genuine if you want to try and attempt to mislead on stupidity?

Look at all the players above Houston with his "9" and list how many are genuine half back players and THEN give a top 10 of HB players with goal assists. You'll find he's top 5 BTW.

But you're that blatantly ignorant and trying oh so hard to discredit a LITERAL top 5 AFL player as if to somehow get a better deal in your eyes alone.

And yeah, Houston has been listed as a top 5 player in the AFL all season and the only player to be consistently top 5.

Ridiculous 🤦

"Let's keep a bit of perspective." Yet you show a stat that is literally predominantly favoured to forwards and midfield players? How about being more genuine if you want to try and attempt to mislead on stupidity?

Look at all the players above Houston with his "9" and list how many are genuine half back players and THEN give a top 10 of HB players with goal assists. You'll find he's top 5 BTW.

But you're that blatantly ignorant and trying oh so hard to discredit a LITERAL top 5 AFL player as if to somehow get a better deal in your eyes alone.

And yeah, Houston has been listed as a top 5 player in the AFL all season and the only player to be consistently top 5.

Ridiculous 🤦
I only read the first of your many paragraphs, but my post was in response to the quite specific suggestion that Houston was the best inside 50 kick in the game.

I only read the first of your many paragraphs, but my post was in response to the quite specific suggestion that Houston was the best inside 50 kick in the game.

And you refute it by just using a stat that looks at goal assists? That stat only indicates how many times a player had kicked to a player etc that resulted in a goal. It's not a stat that indicates whether they are the "best" inside 50 kick. But I'm sure there are those who do keep stats like champion data that can say that he'd be actually in the top 10 very VERY easily of best kicks inside forward 50.

The fact you can't or are too lazy to read more shows your lack of genuine conversation and clear lack of an IQ so best of luck 👍

And you refute it by just using a stat that looks at goal assists? That stat only indicates how many times a player had kicked to a player etc that resulted in a goal. It's not a stat that indicates whether they are the "best" inside 50 kick.
Your right...I was coasting. But by combining both your input and mine we clearly demonstrate that Nic Newman is the best inside 50 kick in the game.

Great to have that sorted! High five little buddy :raisedhands:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect.

St Kilda will be less hesitant to part with the compo pick they get for Battle (pick 7 or 8) and another pick.

They upgrade Battle for Houston and keep their 1st pick this year.

Or.. Phillipou + F1 for Houston
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

1. Okay, I will admit he is better than Sinclair and Wanganeen-Milera if he can get at least 1 disposal in the finals this year.
2. I'm guessing it is just his manager trying to make it look like there is more interest in him than there really is.
Doesnt he want to move into the middle? His disposal in the midfield would be a nice for PoD for Saints

Doesnt he want to move into the middle? His disposal in the midfield would be a nice for PoD for Saints

Absolutely, will be 30 before the season starts too.

Saints play much better with him in the midfield rather than off half back.

Sinclair in the middle for the last couple of years of his career would be wise.

NWM is really good but he isn't as good as Houston yet. Having both on the half back flanks, especially with a best 22 player in Bonner being delisted, Battle being lost in free agency and Sinclair going into the middle makes a lot of sense.

Who's distributing out of the back line with Battle gone, Bonner de-listed, Sinclair being better used in the midfield? Literally only NWM.

They are one of the more in need teams of a back line distributor to pair with NWM.

Absolutely, will be 30 before the season starts too.

Saints play much better with him in the midfield rather than off half back.

Sinclair in the middle for the last couple of years of his career would be wise.

NWM is really good but he isn't as good as Houston yet. Having both on the half back flanks, especially with a best 22 player in Bonner being delisted, Battle being lost in free agency and Sinclair going into the middle makes a lot of sense.

Who's distributing out of the back line with Battle gone, Bonner de-listed, Sinclair being better used in the midfield? Literally only NWM.

They are one of the more in need teams of a back line distributor to pair with NWM.
Sinclair is much more damaging and impactful at half back than in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back