News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you guys would have done some creative trading to make the deal even sweeter, Brady Rawlings sound very optimistic.

Given it is so late in the day, you might still have a chance to blow the house of cards over.

Even if we don't, it's still a better deal.

Ratkins is no sweetner. He's just there so we don't have to give extra via trading salary cap instead of picks. I'd like to see how this all goes before going nuts.

Best case is he's a salary dump so we don't pay as highly pick wise, while we get someone who props up the magpies. Could be worse.

If we are still giving our F1 this is perhaps the worst deal in the history of deals.

If we AREN'T giving up our F1, this is a great deal. I don't mind taking on Atkins as a salary dump if it means we keep our F1
In some sick sadistic way i kind of hope we get Ratkins and give up our F1 just to see the mutiny that unfolds (which i will be happy to lead by the way)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Age:
Dan Houston is edging ever closer to becoming a Magpie in a three-club deal, but there is still some haggling being done.

Negotiations are ongoing, but if this trade eventuates, it will look something like below:

Collingwood receives: Dan Houston, 58

Port Adelaide receives: Jack Lukosius, Joe Richards and Rory Atkins, 13, 29, 50

Gold Coast receives: John Noble, 2 x future first-rounders, 39

How does Geelong taking on salary dump come with an actual decent player and a top 10 pick, yet for us it means giving up a future first and receiving another overpaid forward (Luko) as well as Ratkins.

Acquiring Ratkins should result in an NBA level waiving of a player and paying out their salary. Absolutely no interest of having him inside our club.

We better be keeping our future first!

I might just wait and see before going troppo. Looks like Ratkins is thrown in as a sweetener, doesn't appear to be costing us anything, so not sure what the hysteria is about that part of it. Is it just because he is Ratkins? Provides a bit of depth to a position we are losing an AA player.
Rory Atkins is not a sweetner. He's a negative.

He doesn't provide any depth at anything. The only reason we take him on is if we're taking a salary dump from GC in order to pay less ourselves. Or receive more back.

The Age:
Dan Houston is edging ever closer to becoming a Magpie in a three-club deal, but there is still some haggling being done.

Negotiations are ongoing, but if this trade eventuates, it will look something like below:

We lose our future first, **** sakes

The Age:

Bending us over big time

The Age:

So the rub of this is-

Houston for 13, Richards, and 29.
F1 for Luko, Ratkins and 50.

GTFO if accurate.

The Age:

We're giving up a Mercedes and getting 3 MG 3s back

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back