News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch Butters go for Pick 19, Lachlan Murphy and a half eaten bag of chips next year

Not here to laugh. From SA and hate the Crows.

Obviously deal looks awful for losing Houston

I one of the few Suns fans who didn’t want to lose Luko.
Some positivity
Luko can kick 50 goals next year. He kicked 39 in a team which finished in the bottom 4 in 2023.
While Rory Atkins can take some kickouts in the sanfl and play kick to kick with Dylan Williams. (Sucked the vfl umps into giving him votes and finished 2nd in the JJL trophy)

But certain know the feeling of being fked during the trade period

Look I know you’re trying to bring positivity here but it’s impossible to positive about this.

We give up are crown jewel our 2x AA player in Dan Houston for Luko who done bugger all so far, a very inexperienced Joe Richards and a Ex-Crow campaigner that been living in the fücking sewer at Gold Coast that Dimma banished to VFL.

Everyone deserves a pitchfork to the fücking head at that club.

I feel sorry for the kid who gets picked up at 13. Everyone will be saying thats who we got for Dan, likelyhood is he wont have to be coached under Ken for his career so he may end up a gun. Good luck young fella
Anyone who heaps pressure on a young kid because they’re pissed off with our incompetent list management is a moron.

Same goes for lukosius, Richards and Atkins. Good luck to them.

But seriously, **** the club.

So we always said it was 2 firsts for Houston or he stays, and we end up swaping 13 for our future probably 13 and a bunch of bench warmers.

I legitimately feel sick over this bullshit
We all knew this was going to happen. We could see the train wreck from hundreds of kilometres up the track. Doesn't make it any more palatable though.

I can't imagine there's a poster here who could have managed a worse deal.

Can we get Ned McHenry next?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually embarrassed to support this club any longer.

I wish it was easy to 'let go' of a lifetime of support, but it's not.

This club isn't what it was, it's as far removed as humanly possiible.

We are building a list that will take years and years to repair and it won't even start to repair until the coach is gone, most of the assistants and all of the list management team.

Apart from being a truly disgusting trade it sets a standard that players can up and leave at anytime and we'll do nothing, it shows how weak and below standard we are in the list management game and tells every single player in the AFL that we are a team going nowhere.

That trade is appalling.

What a sad day.

This sets an obscene precedent for players being able to hang us out to dry. If you can't turn a contracted 2xAA, who says he's happy to come back, into a decent draft hand wtf are you even doing? We swing so ****ing wildly from year to year with these missing pieces of the puzzle. Last year we made desperate moves to sure up our defence and this year we're doing the same for our forwards. We've lost it.
Imo Houston was never staying at Port. That's was initially said to assist our position in trading. Once things got messy, he & his manager were always going to play hard ball. It happens every time in these situations although there have been occasions where a trade hasn't been achieved. But not at Port Adelaide since Nick Stevens stand, we always roll over.

Wouldn't want to be Luko or Richards, the pressure will be on from pre-season games onwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back