News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not that hard to be humble and respectful, a much better look as we saw with Chris Fagan after his great Grand Final victory, as opposed to old mate Hinkley.

Maybe Dan will realize this and make a statement in coming days but from what I've seen so far I think that's unlikely.

Not a nice way to depart the club that gave a break at pick 45 from memory and when you take indirect shots at the club you are also including your x-team mates and fans.

Oh well we will all move on and have our opinions of Dan as a person.

Unfortunately when you dealing with a club that doesn’t have much draft capital and the player wants to go there, there isn’t much a club can do and despite the club saying they will keep the player to their contract, they will relent especially if they don’t have enough draft capital themselves.😩

Another reason why clubs should be able to trade players to the club which offers the best deal as long as they choose the state they wish to be traded to.

It's not that hard to be humble and respectful, a much better look as we saw with Chris Fagan after his great Grand Final victory, as opposed to old mate Hinkley.

Maybe Dan will realize this and make a statement in coming days but from what I've seen so far I think that's unlikely.

Not a nice way to depart the club that gave a break at pick 45 from memory and when you take indirect shots at the club you are also including your x-team mates and fans.

Oh well we will all move on and have our opinions of Dan as a person.

Fagan is a campaigner, even if you ignore the coercive abortion allegations

Guess that happens when a Player Leaves the Team that there Fans call him a dud
Nobody is calling him a dud, we all know he is elite, possibly as high as a top 10 player in the AFL.

The comments about him being horrible are about his off-field behaviour (which I don't personally have any problems with)

Holding Houston to his contract would be okay as long as there is no bad blood, it can have a negative effect on the whole playing group.

As much as I hate the deal, I think the club in the end taking everything into consideration may have thought, we think it's best for both parties that we make this happen, unpopular as it was.

This is only speculation and more my opinion but I feel that things went down between both parties that could not be repaired.

Fagan is a campaigner, even if you ignore the coercive abortion allegations

What I meant was, he doesn't jump around like a school kid after some irrelevant win against a bottom 8 side, he just won a Grand Final and was still able to remain composed as a professional coach should.

Of course he's going to stick up for a fellow coach, especially one that's nearly his age which has not even reached a GF, that in itself is being humble.

I'm still confused as to why you are all angry with Dan?
I’m angry we didn’t get the rightful compensation and Dan didn’t really assist in facilitating that, which differs to what he said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess that happens when a Player Leaves the Team that there Fans call him a dud
He isn’t a “dud” but he is a campaigner

A trade request to Victoria isn’t the same as Collingwood or GAGF (which was Carlton or GAGF and Melbourne or GAGF before that) but ultimately in the end that’s exactly what he told us

If you want out fine
If you don’t want to come back because reasons also fine
Don’t jerk us all off with this “happy to come back BS” when it’s BS

Enjoy the ride fella you’ve got a couple of years left before the cliff who knows we might even have sacked Hinkley by the time that rolls around

Carlton held firm and didn’t deal Bryce Gibbs after his trade request to join Adelaide at the end of 2016.

The Crows came begging 12 months later after missing the flag by a whisker and ended up giving them 2 first rounders.

It’s not difficult if your club and its people have an actual plan and aren’t determined to be doormats with a raft of bullsh¡t (“Wingard = Rozee & Butters!”) locked and loaded for afterwards.

Carlton held firm and didn’t deal Bryce Gibbs after his trade request to join Adelaide at the end of 2016.

The Crows came begging 12 months later after missing the flag by a whisker and ended up giving them 2 first rounders.

It’s not difficult if your club and its people have an actual plan and aren’t determined to be doormats with a raft of bullsh¡t (“Wingard = Rozee & Butters!”) locked and loaded for afterwards.

And not just “re-tooling on the run” lol

The club's argument is that next year's draft is so shit that even if you did hold him and a club was willing to pay 3 first rounders next year it might still not be worth it.

I can understand that perspective, however the competing view is that we have established ourselves as weak trading partners. Which will hurt in all further deals.

Winning the battle to lose the war.

Does it differ? all I recall him saying was if a deal doesn't get done he'll stay, it's just the usual lip service to the great unwashed.

Probably all club directed narrative; remember he was asked to lie about not wanting to leave after all the innuendo. That was pathetic by the club to put him in that position.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back