News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

How about you stop re-tooling the squad on the run and actually plan the squad build methodically and forward looking
There hasn't been a strategy since Hinkley arrived. It's all been haphazard. Kens brain just doesn't work that way. He's a player welfare type of guy & that's all he his. He's completely in the wrong role. Player development is poor overall & it's always plugging holes on the run as you point out.

There hasn't been a strategy since Hinkley arrived. It's all been haphazard. Kens brain just doesn't work that way. He's a player welfare type of guy & that's all he his. He's completely in the wrong role. Player development is poor overall & it's always plugging holes on the run as you point out.
He's also not capable of even envisioning us as a successful side.

His goal is to try to get us to lose finals because that's his maximum. A top 4 finish and a close finals loss is a great result for a good team that's not yet a great team but is growing, developing, connecting, wanking each other off, etc.

Purple has gone to town on us. Good, make them feel like the fools they are:

‘IF ...​

there has been a worse transaction in trade history than Port's for the exit of Dan Houston...

THEN ...​

nah, there hasn't been. Too nice, this club. I would've held him to his contract. Played off a break by player agent Paul Connors, who was afforded way too much control. Let's see if a big-name, Connors-managed player joins Port in the 2025 trade period. That would be the only justification for this 2024 trade period disaster. And even that wouldn't make it right.’

I’ll say it again. For the last 6 weeks weve heard from almost all media hes not worth two firsts. We didnt get two firsts, then the media come out and say haha you got screwed. They cant have it both ways

I’ll say it again. For the last 6 weeks weve heard from almost all media hes not worth two firsts. We didnt get two firsts, then the media come out and say haha you got screwed. They cant have it both ways
He’s not worth two high firsts probably.
But to get 13 (16) and a bunch of chump means he’s apparently barely even worth one first.

I would have accepted a top 8 pick and a 20s pick, but 13 and 29 is embarrassing especially when we only got up to 29 because we took the RAT

I've tried to find a way to make myself feel better about this trade, but I'm not really at that point. It does feel like we were somewhat strongarmed into a position that we have tried to make the best of and opted not to hold Houston - maybe because we were being pushed hard behind the scenes by the Houston camp/mgmt.

I was originally comfortable with Luko for a future first in principle so I wont change my stance on that now, but will be interested to see how we set up the forward line.

So, based on the fact I was comfortable if we take out the F1 for Luko as its alomst unrelated to the Houston trade, we are left with:

Richards, Atkins, 13, 29, 36, 50 for Houston, 39, 58

We originally were hearing 13,23,Richards for Houston ....points wise this is almost identical (1 point difference) ... but it just doesnt feel the same.
Atkins is really part of the Luko deal, a ridiculous part.

If I was Houston I wouldn't be in a hurry to 'thank' the fans assassinating my character in this thread because I don't want to play anymore for a club that half of us don't even want to watch anymore either.
The cheer he got from our fans coming back onto the ground after pummeling Rankine should've shown him the love fans had for him. We pretty much all had his back. He hasn't really bothered me during this whole situation but that was a pretty pisspoor post, no mention of the fans lol.

‘IF ...​

there has been a worse transaction in trade history than Port's for the exit of Dan Houston...

THEN ...​

nah, there hasn't been. Too nice, this club. I would've held him to his contract. Played off a break by player agent Paul Connors, who was afforded way too much control. Let's see if a big-name, Connors-managed player joins Port in the 2025 trade period. That would be the only justification for this 2024 trade period disaster. And even that wouldn't make it right.’
Basically everyone can see this except Chewy, but he washes Rob Snowden's car or something so that must mean he's right and we're all wrong.

Basically everyone can see this except Chewy, but he washes Rob Snowden's car or something so that must mean he's right and we're all wrong.
Didnt chewy say he doesn’t like the trade personally but was trying to give context to us as to why they did it, stating they loved this years draft.

In saying that, 13 in this years draft is just not enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That just sums up the Melbourne media. To help Melbourne clubs trade in interstate players for below market value, then gloat when it happens

There is a job out there for Ken but it's not as a senior coach.

They can and they do. They're charter is to maintain the Victorian hegemony.

I think it's easy for people to get up in arms this year given how GC got fleeced on Rioli and even Freo probably paid overs for Bolton.

In reality, our return for Houston is not far off what clubs got for players of similar quality and age. For instance 13 + 29 is 1865 points which is pretty close to what Geelong ended up paying for Cameron.

Edit: that's not to say I love the deal, just that it's within the bounds of what we realistically could accept

The cheer he got from our fans coming back onto the ground after pummeling Rankine should've shown him the love fans had for him. We pretty much all had his back. He hasn't really bothered me during this whole situation but that was a pretty pisspoor post, no mention of the fans lol.
To be fair the first photo on his post is literally him high-fiving a young supporter which probably says more than any words could.

But yeah, the coach spoke for 12 minutes at the B&F and couldn’t find five seconds to acknowledge the supporters so it’s probably high time that we all realised that most of these people don’t give a shit about us and we should spend our money accordingly.

Aren't the AFL supposed to ratify all trades to ensure that no-one's getting the rough end? They must have had a real chuckle at this one. Would have been handy if they could have protected us from ourselves.
They would have thought it was fine. They don't care one bit about PA. Not in their KPIs.

‘IF ...​

THEN ...​

Wanganeen- Milera maybe?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back