Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston's kicking has been elite from his first game.
As a forward taking set shots. I should have specified field kicks.

Its entirely possible I just wasn't paying proper attention to him until a few years into his AFL career.

Could North look at trading their F1 for two top picks this year?

If they could get GC pick 6 and Freo pick 10 (directly or indirectly), then trade say 6 and their second round for Houston?

6 and 20 ish is clearly better than 12 and 32. And they’d still have Pick 2 and 10 this year.

As a forward taking set shots. I should have specified field kicks.

Its entirely possible I just wasn't paying proper attention to him until a few years into his AFL career.
Didn't start as a forward (AFL) his kicks from half back from the start was always very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah -that's probably what it will take to get ahead of Carlton's offer of (not pick 12) plus .....???
Carlton simply don’t have the currency - to do so they would have to give up something of significant value.

That of course has nothing to do with Joe Richard’s being nothing more than steak knives in a deal for Houston.

Why doesn't Houston just go to North?
Umm you really have to ask? North needs to change how other club players perceive them. So they need to approach Port with an offer that they like and if Houston says "no" then he stays..North will most likely try to use their F1st to get some picks or a pick in the top 10 from another club and offer that as part of a package for Houston.

Low value experience is the reason why you've been shit for so long.

It hasn't worked loading up on spuds for the last 5 years why do you think its going to work this time?

Absolutely crazy. There is a legitimate gun player who wants to join your club. Don't pinch your pennies. It's time to pay the price.

The club doesn't need to stock up on draft picks to be the next Gold Coast. It needs to start winning.
A player that will hardly shift the needle, will cost a fortune and probably will be past his best footy if and when we challenge.

It’s called overpaying.

You can have him, hbf is the easiest position on the ground to play and if you want to trade 2 1st round picks for one you're heading for the bottom of the ladder

If it's the easiest position to play, then why does every single HBF on Carlton suck at getting the ball forward to arguably the most talented forward line in the comp?

Carlton don't need Houston. They're just recruited Nick Haynes.
1728044577219.jpeg

If it's the easiest position to play, then why does every single HBF on Carlton suck at getting the ball forward to arguably the most talented forward line in the comp?
You poor misguided soul, there is a whole 1/3 of the ground called the midfield in between the backline and the forwards which is severally lacking in the foot speed department to create seperation on rebound.

Carlton needs outside speed mid/forward of the ball and at least one genuine crumbing forward.

Still contracted even if he stays for another 12 months so will still cost a first + more in 12 months time.

Seems pretty straight forward. If he wants to get to Vic, he probably needs to come around to going to North or he’ll stay at Port.

He won't pick north because top line players don't.
He will wait and ask for a trade to a finals vic club next year. I agree he costs at least a r1 in 12 months but his form will dictate how much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back