Preview Dane Swan and the AFLPA Awards (MVP).

Remove this Banner Ad

Swaaaaannnnyyyy!

Hope the OPSM sponsored bats don't mess the Brownlow up.

It really is the ultimate test for the Brownlow's credibility.

If Swanny doesn't win the thing now, it's a bloody joke, and should be treated as such from now on.

He has won every award under the sun (not in the top 3 according to 3AW:thumbsdown:) and tonight was judged by his peers as the outstanding player of 2010.

We all want the ultimate team reward, but hey, a Brownlow would be a nice introduction to Grand Final week after we smash the Cats or Freo.:)

Cant question his workrate, his grunt work and his ability to find the football.

He has had a standout year, I still maintain that Sandilands was far and away the best player in the competition and therefore the MVP.

Who would be first picked in a team of all-stars?

But it is not for me to decide but the players, so well done.

Yeah he's a good player, not sure he's a good bloke. Not sure you can be when have his off field record. But then you guys would rather boo and abuse a champion human being Like Brad Johnson and laud blokes who let's be honest have doubtful histories simply because they wear a Collingwood jumper. When the game was over you still booed him and showed a lack of class. You certainly don't support like winners.

By the way....thanks for those who visited our board in recent times. It's been amazing how fixated you guys have been on us these past 2 weeks.

love to be able to say Well done to Swan. But nah, I like guys who are more rounded as people, for me it's not just about how good a footballer you are it's how good a bloke.

Bitter much? Suck on a chupachup for a while, that might help. Sure it wasn't your own supporters booing Brad Johnson on the weekend? He was fairly shit, I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah he's a good player, not sure he's a good bloke. Not sure you can be when have his off field record. But then you guys would rather boo and abuse a champion human being Like Brad Johnson and laud blokes who let's be honest have doubtful histories simply because they wear a Collingwood jumper. When the game was over you still booed him and showed a lack of class. You certainly don't support like winners.

By the way....thanks for those who visited our board in recent times. It's been amazing how fixated you guys have been on us these past 2 weeks.

love to be able to say Well done to Swan. But nah, I like guys who are more rounded as people, for me it's not just about how good a footballer you are it's how good a bloke.

Sour grapes bud. Why bother coming on here and posting negative stuff about our best player.

dominated the votes!! interesting to note the last 8 years each winner has made the grandfinal with most going on to win it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your naivety is humorous to me.

Because unless you know Brad Johnson very personally you should probably just pipe down.

But Shpeshal Ed, he smiles a lot! That's gotta mean he's a good bloke right? Right!?

But Shpeshal Ed, he smiles a lot! That's gotta mean he's a good bloke right? Right!?

That man is evil! He would smile through a funeral!

Have to love the bitterness, Sandi the MVP? Give me a break, I would argue Judd is more valuable to his side than Sandi is to his.

People that truly think Brad Johnson is some kind of infallible saint are kidding themselves.

Swan has openly ADMITTED to his flaws and troubled past as a YOUNG footballer. Like all young kids, he loved a good time, and to cause mischief.

Brad Johnson is far more sinister.

Some Bulldogs supporters need to learn the phrase "Better the devil you know".

Fact is, you can say what you want about Jason Akermanis, you can hate him, you can think he's a shite player, think what you like, but if there's one thing Aker has left us with NO doubt about, is his honesty.

You came on here just to enlighten us with your holier than thou drivel?

Mate, you are a w***er.

To all all those so called supporters who were calling for this...well you got your wish. One of our all time greats will be playing his last games in the next few weeks and I hope it makes you very happy.

Makes me sad....Bad enough that those ferrals from Collingwood gave it to him all night, but on here our own supporters have been doing the same and Brad deserved better....some of you need to have a good hard look in the mirror and hang your heads in shame!

Maybe you should be looking to your own board where, as you know, you are bleating about your own members having an opinion which differs to yours.

Swan has nothing to do with Johnson's retirement, nor the reasons Johno got booed so stick to your own board for whining and sooking over your past players.

u mad :D

Other teams supporters really can't help themselves can they.

Swan wins the MVP, an award voted upon by the very players of the AFL, and yet some are still whinging about his "standing" as a human being.

The man made mistakes, but **** me, who hasn't, do you really believe Brad Johnson, or James Hird, or Robert Harvey, or any other "clean skin" never made a mistake in their lives, please.

It's a testament not only to Swan, but the strength and ability of our club and coaching staff to turn a player who many wanted to be delisted into the best player in the AFL within a few years.

The man that is Dane Swan today is a better man/boy then he was when he arrived at Collingwood, and that is something both Dane and the club can be immensely proud about.

This is a thread about last night's awards, so congratulations to all the winners, but to me, to see Swan win probably the second greatest individual award you can win in football is just amazing, and his dad would have been immensely proud of what his son has achieved so far.

CONGRATULATIONS DANE SWAN, WINNER OF THE 2010 LEIGH MATTHEWS TROPHY FOR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER.:thumbsu::D

This is a thread about last night's awards, so congratulations to all the winners, but to me, to see Swan win probably the second greatest individual award you can win in football is just amazing, and his dad would have been immensely proud of what his son has achieved so far.
Third - Brownlow and Norm Smith are both better.

Third - Brownlow and Norm Smith are both better.
That's why I said "probably", it's comes down to opinion really, I just think the Norm Smith is an afterthought on GF day, where usually the winner doesn't really care too much as he's just won a flag.

As the MVP and the Brownlow are great individual awards.

As I said though, it's a matter of opinion, and Swanny will have all 3 by the time his career's over (heck he might have all 3 in 3 weeks).:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Dane Swan and the AFLPA Awards (MVP).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back