Dane Swan v Brent Stanton

Which player would you choose for a tilt at the flag?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is really struggling and only been in the best 7 players for Essendon once since round 10. He has disappeared after getting some attenetion - from AA team, to missing the team to missing the squad in 6 weeks.

If you listen closely the boo's will start to get louder and louder as he keeps this form up.
Still a better player than Wells.

I've always been skeptical about Stanton as a player. He was very good earlier in the season but can he really elevate himself to the next level? I'm starting to doubt that. Swan is about 2 or 3 classes ahead as a overall package as far as I'm concern.

No offense Lloydo but no way in the world would I swap Wells for Stanton. As far as talent, pace, effectivness and x factor goes, these guys are are miles, and I mean MILES apart.
Well considering Stantons first 8 weeks of the year is better than anything Wells has ever produced I beg to differ.

Swan is probably the best player in the competition. Hard working, reliable, good user, can kick plenty of goals from the midfield too.

Stanton is a good player on his day, but he is too easy to tag out of a game.

Swan by a mile plays well even if the team doesn't.
I think Stanton plays well against easy beat teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that shits me about Stanton is when he demands little handballs from his teammates despite being in a worse situation.

Brent, you're an average user of the footy, why should your teammates go out of their way to help you break a tag? You're also not Ablett, you can't get yourself out of those tricky spots. You just slam it on the boot and send it into the Etihad roof.

The thing that shits me about Stanton is when he demands little handballs from his teammates despite being in a worse situation.

Brent, you're an average user of the footy, why should your teammates go out of their way to help you break a tag? You're also not Ablett, you can't get yourself out of those tricky spots. You just slam it on the boot and send it into the Etihad roof.

Agree and finally the commentators are picking this up. When getting beat he demands the football when he has no right to do so. Just a stat chaser and has been really poor fro a long time now.

I expect the above comments will go down a treat! Personally I've never noticed it, but will watch intently tommorow night.

Try and have a drink for everytime Stanton runs around the back of a player that has won the ball or calls for it when in a worse position. You may not remember the 2nd half - great drinking game.

Try and have a drink for everytime Stanton runs around the back of a player that has won the ball or calls for it when in a worse position. You may not remember the 2nd half - great drinking game.
Try and have a drink every time Mufassa tries to troll Essendon.
You'll probably die from alcohol poisoning.

I think Swan is sevearly over-rated and does benifit from playing an outside link up player in a dominant collingwood midfield, His endurance is elite and is not a match winning midfielder, however can really hurt with his hard running and usually is on the end of a goal or two just because he works very hard and will eventually smash his opponent with work-rate, Swan also really has no polished skills

In saying that,. He didnt win a Brownlow for nothing, Would take Swan over 2 Stantons

I think Swan is sevearly over-rated and does benifit from playing an outside link up player in a dominant collingwood midfield, His endurance is elite and is not a match winning midfielder, however can really hurt with his hard running and usually is on the end of a goal or two just because he works very hard and will eventually smash his opponent with work-rate, Swan also really has no polished skills

In saying that,. He didnt win a Brownlow for nothing, Would take Swan over 2 Stantons
You need to watch Swans body work in one on one marking contests when he does go forward, strongest core for his size in the AFL. Much, much, much more than an outside runner.

You need to watch Swans body work in one on one marking contests when he does go forward, strongest core for his size in the AFL. Much, much, much more than an outside runner.
One thing i also missed, he's about as big as you can be for a midfielder and due to that can out-work and push out most opponents his size in marking contests legally

Lol, wow! Swan is a contested beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back