Dane Swan

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think he looks much different to usual to be honest, he's never looked the pinnacle of fitness. Would still back him to come good.
I could swear he usually looks much better but I'm sure you know better than me! Never write off a champ of course, I'm pretty confident he'll come good as well.

unfortunately that's how swan has always been. looks great with lots of the ball and looks terrible without it. front running you may say.

He likes play in early afternoon so he can go get drunk at the pubs at night. But when he plays of a night he carn't have a beer at the pub.

He goes a bit harder than that dare I say.

Ive noticed this the last few weeks aswell. He looks like he's waddling around more than ever. Maybe having put on a Kg or two in the off season.

Still a champion player and he will more likely than not come out next weekend after a premature journo unleashes a tirade of abuse on him, and gather 40 odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he has to get >35 touches to even rate a pass?
Actually yes he does.
He's a v good player, but only when he is amassing those sorts of numbers due to the way he plays.
Don't get me wrong- he deserved his brownlow (a year earlier actually), but he's the kind of player who needs 30+ to be effective.
anything less and he's just another run of the mill midfielder.

This thread is a classic... The bloke's lowest stat count for the year is 26 (twice) & is averaging 28.9 touches a game, with a possession high of 35 against Richmond :eek:

Geez I wish some Saints players were averaging 29 possessions while in a 'form slump'.... :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Dane Swan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back