Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO, i think he'll stay, BUT if we were to trade him at the end of this year, i would want a pick in the 10-15 range, or another decent midfielder with a 2nd or 3rd rounder depending on their age and how good they are

Done....well pick 17ish and a player.

I think Dangerfield is one paced. That pace is fast but he doesn't seem to have the game sense to know when he has more time.

At the moment he has question marks over his durability, his decision making, his game sense, his disposal, his endurance and his ability to rack up possessions.

All of these things may improve as he gets more experience but they may not either.

On the flip side he has a big body, is as tough as they come, strong as a bull and lightening quick.

All in all I would love to have him at Port but not for what you would have to pay. He is well over hyped at the moment.

way overated by the public in adelaide, worth only 15-25 in a draft but adelaide would want the world for him. he has moments of brilliance but he has long periods where he doesnt make any impact on a game.
Not even 15-25, I'd give a late 2nd for him. He has a low footy IQ and skills are average at best. Only good parts are his pace and his willingness to get the ball... but you can get that from rookies like Dalhaus these days.

Not even 15-25, I'd give a late 2nd for him. He has a low footy IQ and skills are average at best. Only good parts are his pace and his willingness to get the ball... but you can get that from rookies like Dalhaus these days.

Geez mate if you'd only give a late second for Dangerfield then what would you be asking for Palmer? A late 3rd early 4th rounder?

Today he showed a lot more as Bickley gave him more midfield time than Craig did. I'd expect under a new coach he'll show even more than he already has.

way overated by the public in adelaide, worth only 15-25 in a draft but adelaide would want the world for him. he has moments of brilliance but he has long periods where he doesnt make any impact on a game.

You're kind of right but it is not Dangerfield's fault.

Far too often this season, I have seen Dangerfield play as a permanent forward and if Adelaide are struggling to get inside 50s then Dangerfield is not going to have much impact.

Dangerfield needs to be trained up for the midfield. Maybe he doesn't have the tank yet which is why he plays so much forward.

Maybe he'll never have the tank?

Who knows for sure at this stage

If he was traded willingly by the crows, which I very much doubt, he'd be purchased on potential.

The crows in are the driving seat in this situation, if one arises

Heard a rumour that Dangerfield is heading to Bomberland.. (JUST A RUMOUR)...
Anyone else hearing the same?

Any half decent player out of contract or is talked about leaving a club is always linked to essendon. But the stars never come to essendon lookat trading history. Only average ( cupido, Cole, zantuck) or past it ( allen or justin murphy) injury ridden players ( Williams, prismall) come to essendon.

Any half decent player out of contract or is talked about leaving a club is always linked to essendon. But the stars never come to essendon lookat trading history. Only average ( cupido, Cole, zantuck) or past it ( allen or justin murphy) injury ridden players ( Williams, prismall) come to essendon.

Why is that ?

Danger is not out of contract, I would strongly suggest that the rumour is way off

The way he speaks and talks on the Official Crows podcast, makes me feel like he will be the last person to the leave the club. He plays with passion, he always talks about the fans and his love for the club.

During the podcast he said, "Some coins just hit the table, no that was not Phil Davis". :D

He is contracted for another year, and he does not sound like he wants to leave. He will not be eligible for Free Angency next year, so he can't just leave for the best offer.

I would be staggered if he left us next year.

hdecure - I think it'll have a lot to do with who the new Coach is, and how we perform next year.

If we can have a bit of luck, get our shit together and be competitive and clearly on the way back up the ladder, I can't see him going.

If we're crap again, I'd be worried.

Danger strikes me as a very loyal person, but also as one who is desperate to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that should get you Chad Cornes
A 2nd rounder plus Schoey is a decent deal for them considering no Bock or Davis. I wouldnt give up my first rounder in a compromised draft for him. Schoey is having trouble getting into the Hawks line up but for the last couple of weeks as been BOG for Box Hill. Him plus a 2nd rounder is not so unfair tbh

A 2nd rounder plus Schoey is a decent deal for them considering no Bock or Davis. I wouldnt give up my first rounder in a compromised draft for him. Schoey is having trouble getting into the Hawks line up but for the last couple of weeks as been BOG for Box Hill. Him plus a 2nd rounder is not so unfair tbh
Yeah I wouldn't go putting Dangerfields name on a locker quite yet if your deal for him is a VFL player and a late 2nd rounder in a compromised draft :rolleyes:

We'd probably offer our 1st round and Goldsack and still get a knocked back.. so you aint getting him for a packet of chips and a warm beer

Yeah I wouldn't go putting Dangerfields name on a locker quite yet if your deal for him is a VFL player and a late 2nd rounder in a compromised draft :rolleyes:

We'd probably offer our 1st round and Goldsack and still get a knocked back.. so you aint getting him for a packet of chips and a warm beer

imo you would be paying over the odds for him but considering Goldsack can't get game it could be a win all round

Only problem is how late Collingwood's first rounder is.

If we traded him, we'd want at least what we paid for him.

Considering you go for the Hawks, I'd expect you to know a bit more about your own players than this.

Don't shot the messenger, but I have heard from 2 different sources from the same Melbourne based club that Dangerfield has indicated he wants to return to Melbourne, and has nominated this club as his preferred destination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back