Dangerous tackle roulette v6.9, Maynard v Powell

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it's roulette. Given what we've seen this year, that'll definitely cop a week. No head hit the turf but it didn't with the Harley Reid tackle either. Not sure Maynard's going to get the Charlie Cameron good guy treatment either.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He will get a week. And agree with previous poster- it’s not a roulette- pretty consistent application.

I'm sure this'll be a case of the MRP deciding not to apply the 'potential to injure' clause because he plays for Collingwood.

Will somehow get ticked off as ok, commentators will be 'bewildered' and nobody will question why one club consistently has rules applied to them which no other club enjoys.

Way worse than the Harry Jones on Fisher one. In terms of action & force. Bombers inexplicably didn’t challenge but I suspect Collingwood will if Maynard gets anything from Michael Christian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head didn't hit ground that's why no case to answer, well that's what the reasoning for not suspending him

Yeah, but if the action is outlawed then why not penalise him for body impact, instead of high impact?

I’m happy that within the current guidelines Maynard isn’t getting suspended. It was no more than careless, body, medium (potential to cause injury, just like Reid got boosted to high impact) so that’s a fine. How is it not cited? It’s not a Maynard witch hunt, 2 years ago it’s a highlight reel tackle.

But you can’t tell me Butters getting a week, and Jones getting a week, are “fair” while Maynard getting nothing is.

For the Butters suspension, they’ve penalised the action, not the outcome.

For Maynard, they’ve based penalties around the outcome, not the action.

For Reid they based it on the action. And Jones; well they just penalised him.

Yeah, but if the action is outlawed then why not penalise him for body impact, instead of high impact?

I’m happy that within the current guidelines Maynard isn’t getting suspended. It was no more than careless, body, medium (potential to cause injury, just like Reid got boosted to high impact) so that’s a fine. How is it not cited? It’s not a Maynard witch hunt, 2 years ago it’s a highlight reel tackle.

But you can’t tell me Butters getting a week, and Jones getting a week, are “fair” while Maynard getting nothing is.

For the Butters suspension, they’ve penalised the action, not the outcome.

For Maynard, they’ve based penalties around the outcome, not the action.

For Reid they based it on the action. And Jones; well they just penalised him.
There's no guidelines.

If others have been suspended for this action(Reid & Barrass, just from my team) then Maynard simply needs to go based on precedent.

Head didn't hit the ground at all so I'm not sure what you are all going on about.
It was a forceful tackle, but not dangerous. Shouldn't have even been a free kick. Another dubious decision that cost Collingwood a goal yesterday
It's not based on that, it was a textbook sling tackle, which other players have got suspended for when the other player's head hasn't hit the ground either.

There's no guidelines.

If others have been suspended for this action(Reid & Barrass, just from my team) then Maynard simply needs to go based on precedent.

The guidelines being the careless/intentional, body/head contact, low/medium/high impact ones.

I’m happy that there was reason that you could grade it for not a suspension, unless you went with high impact. The others at least have had a degree of whiplash effect for the head hitting the ground making it high impact. Powell wasn’t close.

It still needed to be graded though.

Christian has obviously been reading the feel good Maynard articles.
Ex-Collingwood player Michael Christian finds current Collingwood player, who does the exact same action he's suspended others for this same season, has no case to answer.

Muppet league.

The guidelines being the careless/intentional, body/head contact, low/medium/high impact ones.

I’m happy that there was reason that you could grade it for not a suspension, unless you went with high impact. The others at least have had a degree of whiplash effect for the head hitting the ground making it high impact. Powell wasn’t close.

It still needed to be graded though.
Read the grading then.

Reid was graded as 'high' impact, even though under the guidelines themselves he simply couldn't be graded that high due to the player not being injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerous tackle roulette v6.9, Maynard v Powell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back