Vic Daniel Andrews Retires, Undefeated

Remove this Banner Ad

You can find an "expert" (for the right price) that will say anything you want. That the report was submitted as evidence tells you nothing about its veracity.
This isn't the USA! The author of the report was a decorated retired former Assistant Commissioner for Traffic and Operations with VicPol who received an AO. You don't get AO's if you are undeserving do you? Oh wait...

With the benefit of hindsight, Dr Shuey's beef with Andrews was that he used VicPol to not just avoid police scrutiny over the accident but to shift blame. Andrews' then chief of staff was all over it like a rash, and in 2019 Dan rewarded the former policeman by appointing him as an assistant commissioner of VicPol, a move described at the time by The Age because it made a mockery of a fundamental principle being that the association between police and government should never be politicised

Last edited:
This isn't the USA! The author of the report was a decorated retired former Assistant Commissioner for Traffic and Operations with VicPol who received an AO. You don't get AO's if you are undeserving do you? Oh wait...
You would be very nieve to think it doesn't happen here.

You're going to go with the expert that best supports your case.

Dr Shuey's beef with Andrews was that he used VicPol to not just avoid police scrutiny over the accident but to shift blame. Andrews' then chief of staff was all over it like a rash, and in 2019 Dan rewarded the former policeman by appointing him as an assistant commissioner of VicPol, a move described at the time by The Age because it made a mockery of a fundamental principle being that the association between police and government should never be politicised
An AO for a retired senior public servant is the modern equivalent of a gold watch.

You would be very nieve to think it doesn't happen here.

You're going to go with the expert that best supports your case.
Perhaps. Why am I surprised you defend Andrews like he is a saint? There are simply way too many discrepancies in this case for it not to warrant further investigation. For example:

• why did the traffic incident system report submitted by police record the driver of the car as Catherine Kesik? Her married name is Andrews and all other documentation on the accident had it down as Andrews.
  • why was the police officer sent to the accident scene pulled off it by an officer in Rye who was nowhere near the scene?
  • why wasn't Dan or his wife breathalysed? To say. "he didn't wreak of alcohol" does not pass the pub test! This was a serious MVA and the driver was not breath tested.
  • why was Dan allowed to drive an unroadworthy car home from the accident scene?
  • why did Police not take measurements and assess the accident scene given the initial reports was of a near fatality?
  • why were no witnesses or neighbours interviewed? Remember a witness claims she saw Mrs Andrews in the passenger seat immediately after the collision.
  • why did Police delete key evidentiary documents from the file handed to Slater & Gordon for the TAC claim?
  • why did Police ignore witness evidence that tyre screeching was heard moments before impact and accept Dan's statement that he was completely stationery when the bicycle
T-boned" his car?

This case simply highlighted the lengths Dan was prepared to go to protect his brand and subvert justice. Blame the kid on the bike. Let his wife carry the can as driver and let Police deliberately "botch" an investigation...

Last edited:
Perhaps. Why am I surprised you defend Andrews like he is a saint?
I'm not defending him at all. I'm pointing out that in legal cases it's common to get experts to back up your narrative and make the other side look bad. You'll find the other side will do similar. In the end both sides will cross examine and the truth will come out in the wash.
There are simply way too many discrepancies in this case for it not to warrant further investigation. For example:
It's been investigated. How much more do you want? A Royal Commission?
The police were investigated by IBAC in 2017 and were cleared of wrongdoing. The officers who didn't breath test against protocol were given a warning.

The problem with people like you Sttew you have such a blind hatred of Andrews it's clouding your judgement and thinking skills. You clearly can't see fact through fiction. You clearly aren't able read beyond the headlines.

You like so many who hate him are hoping this is the smoking gun that will finally punish him.

I suspect you would believe anything negative about Andrews because you hope it will be thing that punishes him.

You like so many who hate him are hoping this is the smoking gun that will finally punish him.

I suspect you would believe anything negative about Andrews because you hope it will be thing that punishes him.
If only, but it won't and never will. I know that. I genuinely hope the kid (who is now an adult) get's his just desserts, but sadly, I suspect the 'Machine' will work against him.

Answer me this question - why do you think it is that Andrews is/was such a divisive figure? Moreso than Morrison, or any other politician that I can remember. Maybe its because he has NEVER faced the music for any of his alleged wrongdoings, starting with the Hotel Quarantine Security debacle.

I'm not defending him at all. I'm pointing out that in legal cases it's common to get experts to back up your narrative and make the other side look bad. You'll find the other side will do similar. In the end both sides will cross examine and the truth will come out in the wash.
You only ever use an independent experts report that supports your case. If you consult an expert that doesn't support your case, you don't submit their opinion as evidence. If you have enough money, you just keep asking until you get one that gives you what you want, and if you have all the money, you engage every single expert as to ensure they are conflicted from being called by the other side. It is simply how the game is played.

It the role of Judge to determine the credibility and utility of the independent experts report, and that unless you are subject matter expert, you should reserve your opinion until the judgement is handed down.

If only, but it won't and never will. I know that. I genuinely hope the kid (who is now an adult) get's his just desserts, but sadly, I suspect the 'Machine' will work against him.

Answer me this question - why do you think it is that Andrews is/was such a divisive figure? Moreso than Morrison, or any other politician that I can remember. Maybe its because he has NEVER faced the music for any of his alleged wrongdoings, starting with the Hotel Quarantine Security debacle.
You can just look at the location and know that a kid riding a bike along that path has no chance of being seen by a car turning that corner. It's basic common sense. You don't need to invent or spread conspiracy theories. They were in opposition at the time of all of this too. It's not like he could strong-arm the police minister.

None of the conspiracy makes any sense compared to the official story.

You can just look at the location and know that a kid riding a bike along that path has no chance of being seen by a car turning that corner. It's basic common sense. You don't need to invent or spread conspiracy theories. They were in opposition at the time of all of this too. It's not like he could strong-arm the police minister.

None of the conspiracy makes any sense compared to the official story.
the same way footballers and tv actors etc got away with stuff back then.

Easy he's a Labor politician who made unpopular decisions in covid.

Throw in a very bias media who got increasingly desperate to nail him.

How come other states had thier own stuff ups in covid those leaders don't cop the same treatment? None of them have "faced the music" either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come other states had thier own stuff ups in covid those leaders don't cop the same treatment? None of them have "faced the music" either
I'd say it's the magnitude of the stuff-ups

Easy he's a Labor politician who made unpopular decisions in covid.

Throw in a very bias media who got increasingly desperate to nail him.

Gladys mucked up. She's no longer Premier and the party she led is now in opposition.

Not sure what other state "had their own stuff up" to the extent of the preventable and unique hotel quarantine outbreak in 2020 in Victoria.

Gladys mucked up. She's no longer Premier and the party she led is now in opposition.

Not sure what other state "had their own stuff up" to the extent of the preventable and unique hotel quarantine outbreak in 2020 in Victoria.

Why did the LNP under Scomo shirk their quarantine responsibilities to begin with?

Why did the LNP under Scomo shirk their quarantine responsibilities to begin with?
Expedience. The states run the hospitals and health services. The Feds just provide funding. Nobody had any concept just how big this was going to be in Australia, as we had not experienced anything like it in over 100 years, despite many pandemic like outbreaks across the world.

I bet a Labor government in Canberra would have done the same.

Clearly, in hindsight it was disastrous and proved what a selfish and fragmented country Australia is with each state thinking it knew better how to do things. Not one state or territory baulked when it was proposed by the Federal government they run with the quarantine and health programme.

I assume the media held Morrison up to a very high standard? Oh, no, that's right, they unanimously editorialised for him.

Pessutto is in court right now being sued for defamation by his own party, but we've got the conspiracy theorists calling now-retired Andrews one of the greatest criminal masterminds ever.

The only reason Andrews cops so much is because of how much the legacy media in Victoria hates him and has attacked him in every way possible. The fact that it comes down to a set of stairs and a kid from 20 years ago says they don't have much on him. Compared to Gladys, Scomo or any other politician at the time, he's done pretty bloody well.

The Libs of the time are leaving in disgrace but without the media attacks.

Andrews isn't the Premier either. Gladys left due to a completely unrelated matter.

Hotel quarantine leaks were not isolated to Melbourne or Sydney:
Queensland:
Western Australia:
South Australia:

Hotels were not designed to be quarantine facilities.

Oh ffs...a young kid was nearly killed.
The alleged drivers in the car were never breath tested.
An unroadworthy vehicle was driven away from the scene of an almost fatal collision..

I suspect many posters here are parents, and it wouldn't matter who the driver was, you would want answers if it was your child.
It doesn't matter who commissioned the report or their allegiances...it still contains many indisputable facts!

Oh ffs...a young kid was nearly killed.
The alleged drivers in the car were never breath tested.
An unroadworthy vehicle was driven away from the scene of an almost fatal collision..

I suspect many posters here are parents, and it wouldn't matter who the driver was, you would want answers if it was your child.
It doesn't matter who commissioned the report or their allegiances...it still contains many indisputable facts!

Must be a slow news day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Daniel Andrews Retires, Undefeated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back