Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut

When will Daniel Curtin play his 3rd game?

• Sometime during Rounds 17-20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a middle ground though and Occy missed it by a long way

Most of us are happy with baby steps - dont need no stats to show whether he did or didnt get the ball

I saw a 5 minute patch where I thought he was lost and put that on the same issues Jones had - too much information

''run your lines'' etc

Just let the kid play and find his own pace - he will be a jet
Great post. I mentioned during the game that he looked lost. I was watching him closely and he was so worried about his defensive aspect that there was no natural flair to his game/running patterns. It instantly reminded me of Jones. These coaches have no clue sometimes. Let the kids just play.

Hi GC, that’s all perfectly fair and reasonable mate. But for someone who was seemingly offended by comments I recently made (deemed PA) surely for consistency you would agree the following is playing the man - ugly Sanders style?

“You hardly have a track record of being right about much at all, if anything, so forgive us if your opinion isn't taken with much seriousness”
I have no issue with people playing the man on a poster who does the same or trolls.

The look on Nicks’ face after Curtins’ goal was priceless. A mixture of resentment, anger, resignation, consternation, constipation and a few other ations. It was like Curtin proved him wrong for not playing him earlier and now it’s going to be very hard for Nicks to drop or sub him for the remaining two games.
Your confirmation bias is leading you astray

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Hi GC, that’s all perfectly fair and reasonable mate. But for someone who was seemingly offended by comments I recently made (deemed PA) surely for consistency you would agree the following is playing the man - ugly Sanders style?

“You hardly have a track record of being right about much at all, if anything, so forgive us if your opinion isn't taken with much seriousness”

je suis Sanders

Not long after that ol Occy went and agreed with me which makes him right about something so I guess I've got egg on my face now don't I

Not long after that ol Occy went and agreed with me which makes him right about something so I guess I've got egg on my face now don't I
mate there is right and wrong - black, white and grey - all the time. I just pointed out it was playing the man and wasn't necessary IMO. Sanders has made a career out of attacking posters both publicly - and also via abusive direct messaging based on my own experience. I just think the world would be a better place with a bit more LOVE. anyway, have a good day - gotta run. cheers

My theory is someone above Nicks perhaps had a very forceful word with him about Curtin after the Geelong insult. Its not a surprise Curtin got a full game. But what if the omitting of Dowling and his non selection this week is because Nicks is making a statement that not all the kids can fit in his team. Making a statement that Murphy in his non statistical shape running away from the contest waste of space style role is too important for the team and therefor its Curtin or Dowling, not Murphy or Dowling.

My theory is someone above Nicks perhaps had a very forceful word with him about Curtin after the Geelong insult. Its not a surprise Curtin got a full game. But what if the omitting of Dowling and his non selection this week is because Nicks is making a statement that not all the kids can fit in his team. Making a statement that Murphy in his non statistical shape running away from the contest waste of space style role is too important for the team and therefor its Curtin or Dowling, not Murphy or Dowling.
Crazy if we can’t fit all the kids into a team sitting in the bottom four, when the prospect of finals was over at or before the halfway mark.

Because of injury though, not choice

Its the same argument from posters who say the players taken above Curtin have played a lot of games this year but the players taken directly below him haven't played many games.

The players taken below him to around pick 20 who have played less than Dan have either had illness, injuries or are above 204cm.

I would actually like to see Dawson rotate with Dan, playing that mid that changes to the behind the ball role he likes to do during games.

Both can high point an intercept possession, both have very good footskills. Both can play as a tall mid that can also kick a goal.

They aren't carbon copy players, but I feel like Dan can learn a lot by watching how Jordan gets his footy at this level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would actually like to see Dawson rotate with Dan, playing that mid that changes to the behind the ball role he likes to do during games.

Both can high point an intercept possession, both have very good footskills. Both can play as a tall mid that can also kick a goal.

They aren't carbon copy players, but I feel like Dan can learn a lot by watching how Jordan gets his footy at this level.
I think it might be a bit the opposite, they both play on ball as time goes on, but Daws goes back when not on ball and Curtin goes forward when not on ball. I like what Dan offers in the attacking half - nearly 200 cms, agile, can contested mark and has a great kick..what a second string for a huge bodied mid to have

I think it might be a bit the opposite, they both play on ball as time goes on, but Daws goes back when not on ball and Curtin goes forward when not on ball. I like what Dan offers in the attacking half - nearly 200 cms, agile, can contested mark and has a great kick..what a second string for a huge bodied mid to have
You know what, between those 2 players and those 2 concepts, we may have just cracked the code. Have both players capable of playing both rotation roles (MID Fwd and Mid Back) depending on match ups, finding players who could go with both Dawson and Curtin would be opposition coaches nightmare.

The key would be Nicks needing to select both players as Mids, and then playing chess with the other team to exploit the best match up once the game starts.

One down... two to go?

Is he referring to being one year closer to being out of contract in 2026? Couldn't blame the poor lad.
Only someone with a negative outlook could have that take...try some optimism for a change.

Only someone with a negative outlook could have that take...try some optimism for a change.
Continually posting insta snaps etc without comment opens your posts up to the negativity

Try some context

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut

Back