Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is great.

We winning too many flags, everyone hates us again
We shit again, everyone still hates us

Best!
Suns have already posted pick #7 to Richmond as we speak

Now they want Richmond to pay some of dan's salary and Richmond has said sure it will cost pick #14 and we will pay 50% for the duration of the remaining contract.

Welcome to Richmond Sam lalor & Jobe Shannahan
1724750781879.png 1724750808947.png

Out list manager walked to the Eagles 2 months later. Don't want to cast assertions at anyone, but it still isn't a great look.
The trade on paper wasnt bad at all, if the expectation was both teams end up in the same spot on the ladder it was actually quite reasonable

If you had the choice between pick 6 and Rioli, you're taking pick 6 every time. There is no incentive for Gold Coast to part with that pick. Richmond's only leverage here is to bid on Lombard at pick 1 or keep Rioli. What does Gold Coast do if they don't get Lombard or Rioli? Use picks 6, 13 and 20.

Lukoscious?
Not impossible but I doubt it. From a list balance perspective. We have so many young/unproven key forwards on our list that the club wants to see if they can develop, and another 1 possibly 2 in the draft.

Lukoscious doesn't have much more upside.

I can't see us delisting 2-3 but I could be wrong.

If you had the choice between pick 6 and Rioli, you're taking pick 6 every time. There is no incentive for Gold Coast to part with that pick. Richmond's only leverage here is to bid on Lombard at pick 1 or keep Rioli. What does Gold Coast do if they don't get Lombard or Rioli? Use picks 6, 13 and 20.
Except Gold Coast don't have a great track record of developing early draft picks to get them into the 8.....and first rounders are as common as flies but its got them nowhere.....andnd they generally arent a destiantion club....and Dimma and Rioli are super tight.....and they need a running half back.....and they need experience especially from a successful multi premiership club. And they need leadership.

Except Gold Coast don't have a great track record of developing early draft picks to get them into the 8.....and Dimma and Rioli are super tight.....and they need a running half back.....and they need experience especially from a successful multi premiership club. And leadership.
Rioli never being all Australian, not in the squad this year, even contracted is worth pick 20 and sexton.

They get noble for 26, why do they need rioli for anything other than 20.

Except Gold Coast don't have a great track record of developing early draft picks to get them into the 8.....and first rounders are as common as flies but its got them nowhere.....andnd they generally arent a destiantion club....and Dimma and Rioli are super tight.....and they need a running half back.....and they need experience especially from a successful multi premiership club. And they need leadership.
Fair enough. He's not worth pick 6 though and there's little incentive for Gold Coast to part ways with that pick for Rioli. If you're giving up a pick like that, you're getting an elite mid or KPP. Any deal for Rioli starts with 13. Both side have plenty of picks to balance things out.

rioli and all of richmonds junk picks (to match lombardi bid) for 6 and 20

You'd do that, but GC don't need picks this year. They could trade out their 1st 3 picks and still have enough points to match Lombard.

No matter what people say on here, I don't see a way they get him without Pick 6. Richmond don't need to trade, Dan won't throw his toys out of the pram if he doesn't get traded, so there is an incentive for them to trade a contracted player that they have gone after hard.

Its funny reading comments from those from WA in here and then comparing them to the WA posters in the Barass thread, its like I'm living in 2 different dimensions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rioli never being all Australian, not in the squad this year, even contracted is worth pick 20 and sexton.

They get noble for 26, why do they need rioli for anything other than 20.
If Noble is worth 26, Rioli is worth 5 top 10 picks.

It concerns every other club in the comp when GC use their enormous haul of freebie academy kids to justify handing out huge overs to other clubs.
Doesnt matter which club they were dealing with, its still makes a mockery of it all
Huge haul, you’ve been listening to the sooky VIC media

4 last year was an anomaly, apart from them it has been Bowes, Davies, Buderick and Rosas. 8 in 13 years none of which have become stars, 0 AA, 0 B&F is hardly the windfall the VIC media beat it up to be, in fact the gnashing of teeth and hand ringing is laughable coming from clubs that play 15-17 games at the MCG in front of the fans and get the same for finals.

Last edited:
beat meth GIF

In what logic is a trade like an auction? This is a negotiation between 2 clubs.
Think of a reserve as a contract of 3 years. You might not agree with the reserve price however you really want the house so you know you need to go overs to get the house you really want. Overs is what it’ll take here.

Are you going down the North route of shedding all your experience?
As I’m not actually the list manager of the rfc I don’t think I can accurately answer that unfortunately. However I think the players have asked the club to be traded not the other way round. Rather facilitate the trade and get the best deal possible rather than hang onto players who don’t want to be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back