Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant help but laugh at the melts going on in here

This deal is already done , The GC banner already had it up on the last game
and its the worst kept secret since April

#7 will be the corner stone of the trade and anything extra will depend on if GC want salary covered

Pick #7 is where the Gun's are selected

Its interesting to actually go back and see who gets picked at these picks as there is a hell of a lot of over rating of picks on BF, compared to getting a known commodity.

Going back to 2010 these are the Picks 6's and Pick 7's of each draft. Games played in brackets.

2010 - Conca (150), Caddy (174)
2011 - Wingard (218), Haynes (211)
2012 - Macrae (248), Wines (250)
2013 - Scharenberg (41), Aish (183)
2014 - Marchbank (63), Ahern (24)
2015 - Francis (74), Hopper (142)
2016 - Petrevski-Seton (121), Scrimshaw (105)
2017 - Stephenson (122), Clark (98)
2018 - King (95), Smith (103)
2019 - McAsey (10), Young (80)
2020 - Grainger-Barras (28), Hollands (35)
2021 - Rachele (56), Ward (40)
2022 - Humphrey (40), MacKenzie (34)
2023 - Sanders (14), Windsor (19)

Obviously there are some genuine guns in this list, there are some very good players, but there are also a bunch of players that haven't worked out for various reasons or who are fairly average players. In terms of players that are unlikely to play 100 games, there are at least 6 out of 28, thats a 21.5% change that whoever we draft doesn't make 100 games.

TBH I'd prefer 5 years of Rioli over 10+ years of many of these guys, but if it happens, it happens, but its not the guarantee that some seem to think draft picks are.

I can understand that angst around here if GC give up pick 6 for rioli but at the end of the day every club get a set of draft picks and they are allow to do what they want with it. Some use it to draft young players some use it to trade for players.

GC have so much young talent they just become a turnstile, lukosicus was this and hes leaving few years after the draft. They need readymade players and if is rioli and it takes pick 6 so be it.

I can understand that angst around here if GC give up pick 6 for rioli but at the end of the day every club get a set of draft picks and they are allow to do what they want with it. Some use it to draft young players some use it to trade for players.

GC have so much young talent they just become a turnstile, lukosicus was this and hes leaving few years after the draft. They need readymade players and if is rioli and it takes pick 6 so be it.
And more academy kids to fit in next year.

Its weird, No really good players nominate to go there, they are notorious for losing talent, a gun finally nominates them, and they suddenly start whinging and posturing about value etc. Clubs like North and GC dont have the luxury of being picky.

You get what you get and you dont get upset.

I never said TB wouldn't leave, certain richmond supporter seemed to think he was ITK re Bolton and Rioli when it turns out he was actually ITKFA...šŸ˜‚
I dont recall anyone stating to be in the know and claiming they wouldnt leave?

Personally, months ago, I said there is no way Rioli would leave RFC due to his family connection etc, but that was opinion not inside word, those sorts of comments are all I remember form anyone.

Rioli for 6 is far from ludicrous. It's a little overs, but he is contracted long term.

If Cerra for 6 and a F3 is fine, you can't say Rioli for 6 is ludicrous and unfair. Freo bent Blues over.
Cerra was a former pick pick 5 who was traded at the age of 22 and looked/looks like he could be an elite midfielder of the competition. Pick 6 and F3 was right on the money if not slight unders in todays market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its interesting to actually go back and see who gets picked at these picks as there is a hell of a lot of over rating of picks on BF, compared to getting a known commodity.

Going back to 2010 these are the Picks 6's and Pick 7's of each draft. Games played in brackets.

2010 - Conca (150), Caddy (174)
2011 - Wingard (218), Haynes (211)
2012 - Macrae (248), Wines (250)
2013 - Scharenberg (41), Aish (183)
2014 - Marchbank (63), Ahern (24)
2015 - Francis (74), Hopper (142)
2016 - Petrevski-Seton (121), Scrimshaw (105)
2017 - Stephenson (122), Clark (98)
2018 - King (95), Smith (103)
2019 - McAsey (10), Young (80)
2020 - Grainger-Barras (28), Hollands (35)
2021 - Rachele (56), Ward (40)
2022 - Humphrey (40), MacKenzie (34)
2023 - Sanders (14), Windsor (19)

Obviously there are some genuine guns in this list, there are some very good players, but there are also a bunch of players that haven't worked out for various reasons or who are fairly average players. In terms of players that are unlikely to play 100 games, there are at least 6 out of 28, thats a 21.5% change that whoever we draft doesn't make 100 games.

TBH I'd prefer 5 years of Rioli over 10+ years of many of these guys, but if it happens, it happens, but its not the guarantee that some seem to think draft picks are.
2 flags and 1 brownlow in the Pick 7 column. Pick 6 has a few players with a lot of injuries.

Cerra was a former pick pick 5 who was traded at the age of 22 and looked/looks like he could be an elite midfielder of the competition. Pick 6 and F3 was right on the money if not slight unders in todays market.
Uncontracted. The contract and seen as a required player and absolutely no "family reasons" changes the dynamic beyond the pale.

Realistically, if Dimma knocks the door down and says "I need this no matter what" it will start at pick 6 then anything else depends on the percentage of contract we pay.

Uncontracted. The contract and seen as a required player and absolutely no "family reasons" changes the dynamic beyond the pale.

Realistically, if Dimma knocks the door down and says "I need this no matter what" it will start at pick 6 then anything else depends on the percentage of contract we pay.
He has already done that

Fact he met him and daniel under contracted has nominated tells me its a done deal and both sides know that pick #7 plus

If rioli is worth 6 and 20 then Houston is worth 4 first rounders. Madness by gold coast if they paid that.
secret smell GIF

If taking kids with draft picks don't equal success (as you infer), you'd be happy to hand West Coasts pick 3 over to Richmond for nothing?

Didn't think so lol
Yes but you're kicking out all your actual good players to do so.

The scorched earth approach hasn't work for any club that's done it yet, so it's interesting that Richmond appear to think it'll work for them.

North have way more talent than WCE for instance, but they've just finished bottom 2 for what the 4th/5th time in a row?

Eventually, losing doesn't mean all that much to players, so they end up just going through the motions and eventually requesting a trade to better sides.

It 'may' work out for Richmond but that would be defying history.

Suns would be nuts to give up pick 6, it means they are unlikely get a player before Lombard. They would be better off trading up, this makes no sense at all.

It is possibly good for North though, if we want to split pick 2 and take a tall first. Richmond may be after pick 2 so they can take both Jagga and Finn. They would need something like 6 and 12 to get it done.
Would happily do that, Baker and pick 10 to WCE for pick 3 and we'd take the holy triumvirate.

FOS-Lalor-Jagga

With picks 9-14-17-20-21-22 still on the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back