Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="dean" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Bad news for the suns with Daniel winning the bnf. Price just increased.

Yes, your best player wanting to leave your club is bad news for… the suns? lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, your best player wanting to leave your club is bad news for… the suns? lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Unfortunately Dan won't be there for our next flag, but the picks we get for him might.
Rioli could very well be there for the Suns first flag, and be a key part of it if it happens in the next 3-5 years.

Both clubs can benefit here, Richmond need top picks and GC aren't short of young talent, you need seasoned, finals experienced players from succesful cultures. Rioli will bring everything Dimma wants from that era, again that's why I don't think they're too worried about paying a bit of a higher perceived value pick for him.

Unfortunately Dan won't be there for our next flag, but the picks we get for him might.
Rioli could very well be there for the Suns first flag, and be a key part of it if it happens in the next 3-5 years.

Both clubs can benefit here, Richmond need top picks and GC aren't short of young talent, you need seasoned, finals experienced players from succesful cultures. Rioli will bring everything Dimma wants from that era, again that's why I don't think they're too worried about paying a bit of a higher perceived value pick for him.
Not to mention the Suns will almost always over pay if they have to when a very good player nominates them. Getting quality senior players to either stay or go there has been one of their biggest issues which so many of their fans seem to forget or ignore whilst on here flexing.

Not to mention the Suns will almost always over pay if they have to when a very good player nominates them. Getting quality senior players to either stay or go there has been one of their biggest issues which so many of their fans seem to forget or ignore whilst on here flexing.
I see only some Tigers fans flexing here, showing a lot of entitlement.

I have no problem with pick 6 in Rioli trade.

Yes, some Suns fans believe that pick 6 is crazy overs and Suns should walk away. Surely that's not flexing just different view.

A lot of people forget that last 4 years Suns operated in completely different environment with unbelievable picks, free listing concessions. Last year Suns converted pick 4 in 6 round 1 selections. Suns are well set up regarding list and picks this and next year.

I agree that priority for Suns should be to bring in readymade players who will help them to push for finals. Especially after bringing in 4 R1 players last year plus Clohesy. And more talent is coming this and year next through academy.

I also agree that Suns being on GC and not playing finals was constantly pushing cap by paying players on potential to keep them. I believe (hope) that's changing. Suns did not lose really anyone except Rankine in the last 5 years. Suns stayed strong this year with Ainsworth negotiations. Contrary, how many best 22 players are leaving e.g. GWS this year despite all the success they have.

Every team, if you stay at the bottom, will have issues with retention. Most players will not stay forever without a prospect playing finals, success. Tigers are a prime example of it this year. Also, when at the bottom, good luck with attracting top players.

I also believe if Suns play finals they will become destination like Lions. GC is fantastic place to work. I listened to Ellis yesterday on Trade Radio. The best decision he has ever made to go to Suns.

The reality is that Suns have to play finals in next 2 years or another players turnover could happen. I say bring in Rioli, Noble and Lombard. Show us, Dimma, what you can do next year.

Last edited:

Yes, some Suns fans believe that pick 6 is crazy overs and Suns should walk away. Surely that's not flexing just different view.

A lot of people forget that last 4 years Suns operated in completely different environment with unbelievable picks, free listing concessions. Last year Suns converted pick 4 in 6 round 1 selections. Suns are well set up regarding list and picks this and next year.

I agree that priority for Suns should be to bring in readymade players who will help them to push for finals. Especially after bringing in 4 R1 players last year plus Clohesy. And more talent is coming this year and next through academy.

I also agree that Suns being on GC and not playing finals was constantly pushing cap by paying players on potential to keep them. I believe (hope) that's changing. Suns did not lose really anyone except Rankine in the last 5 years. Suns stayed strong this year with Ainsworth negotiations. How many best 22 players are leaving e.g. GWS this year despite all the success they have.

Every team, if you stay at the bottom, will have issues with retention. Most players will not stay forever without a prospect playing finals, success. Tigers are a prime example of it this year. Also, when at the bottom, good luck with attracting top players.

I also believe if Suns play finals they will become destination like Lions. GC is fantastic place to work. I listened to Ellis yesterday on Trade Radio. The best decision he has ever made to go to Suns.

The reality is that Suns have to play finals in next 2 years or another players turnover could happen. I say bring in Rioli, Noble and Lombard. Show us, Dimma, what you can do next year.
Your fans have become almost unbearable, I live on the GC, I like the suns, but you are in the minority of suns fans on BF with your measured response.

FWIW, pick 6 for Rioli is crazy IMO, and its the best of a bad situation for us as I love Rioli and am shocked that he is leaving the Tigers.

I posted on the suns board a week or 2 ago that after discussions with 2 x suns players, that I did not believe Dusty would be playing again, and honestly the carry on from those posters, you would think they had won the last 10 flags and were THE destination club.

Suns fans just need to relax a bit, achieve something first, carry on later if you must.

Your fans have become almost unbearable, I live on the GC, I like the suns, but you are in the minority of suns fans on BF with your measured response.

FWIW, pick 6 for Rioli is crazy IMO, and its the best of a bad situation for us as I love Rioli and am shocked that he is leaving the Tigers.

I posted on the suns board a week or 2 ago that after discussions with 2 x suns players, that I did not believe Dusty would be playing again, and honestly the carry on from those posters, you would think they had won the last 10 flags and were THE destination club.

Suns fans just need to relax a bit, achieve something first, carry on later if you must.
You have fans with wide spectrum of views on every forum. I could suggest you read some Tigers fans posts relating to Suns :)

You have fans with wide spectrum of views on every forum. I could suggest you read some Tigers fans posts relating to Suns :)
I have, and disagreed with most. sadly suns fans about to win the draft again are on another level given their history to date.

I have, and disagreed with most. sadly suns fans about to win the draft again are on another level given their history to date.
It's going to be hard to win the draft when the only player the Suns draft is Lombard :p

I'd say a few Suns fans on here are a bit punch drunk after being battered into submission by the THE GUN and his "insights".

It's going to be hard to win the draft when the only player the Suns draft is Lombard :p

I'd say a few Suns fans on here are a bit punch drunk after being battered into submission by the THE GUN and his "insights".
Your mate been running riot again Morro

You might have to fork out for another ban 🤣🤣🤣

Lombard could be the best of the lot IMO.

That's fair, been there, survived that.

Love Ya GIF by Kamala Harris

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your mate been running riot again Morro

You might have to fork out for another ban 🤣🤣🤣
The only consolation is he is very generous and is happy to share his opinions/facts around with other supporters too.

No need to ban anyone though, we're all just nuffies talking shite on the interwebs. Harmless stuff really.

The only consolation is he is very generous and is happy to share his opinions/facts around with other supporters too.

No need to ban anyone though, we're all just nuffies talking shite on the interwebs. Harmless stuff really.
I beg to differ. Was hilarious 😂

Oh bro, you dont know the back story, I just gave him a cheeky ban, cost me $24, worth every penny for the melt.

A gift that keeps on giving.

I agree that priority for Suns should be to bring in readymade players who will help them to push for finals. Especially after bringing in 4 R1 players last year plus Clohesy. And more talent is coming this and year next through academy.

I also agree that Suns being on GC and not playing finals was constantly pushing cap by paying players on potential to keep them. I believe (hope) that's changing. Suns did not lose really anyone except Rankine in the last 5 years. Suns stayed strong this year with Ainsworth negotiations. Contrary, how many best 22 players are leaving e.g. GWS this year despite all the success they have.

Agree, clubs playing finals rarely have trouble attracting talented players, we will be no different once we are playing finals regularly 🤞

Agree, clubs playing finals rarely have trouble attracting talented players, we will be no different once we are playing finals regularly 🤞
You guys over paying all the kids will make this harder for you.

Calling Suns fans as almost unbearable and rude for shooting your idea of pick 6 and 12 for Rioli, $$ and some junk picks is laughable when you posted it on our board, you were called out and rightly so.

If one of us went to the Tigers board and stated that the Tigers should accept pick 20 for Rioli and give us some cap relief as part of deal for no other reason than it’s a better result for my club we would be shot down too, and rightly so as it’s disrespectful.to my knowledge none of us have so who is unbearable and rude in this scenario 🫵

As you yourself have highlighted you’re already getting overs with pick 6 and good luck to you.
Please share with everyone where I said pivk 6 and 12 and when you cant, please be man or woman enough to apologise for making shit up and being a silly billy as I am not that guy, pick 6 on its won is crazy to me and I get shot down on my own board when I point out how crazy some of the suggestions are.

Hang on, so I said pick is overs?

Which one is it?

And now you speculate 😀 All the kids. Did we overpay Uwland, W Graham, Read when extending them? Any inside info? Somebody shared salary with you? :p
LOL its been a problem since day 1, very well documented and reported. Sure you have started to get it right, maybe, but you cant fix stupid in 5 minutes. Long way to go.

Yep, as I said you just speculate we do the same thing. I thought so.
Did you not, only last year, need a salary dump on a kid so bad you gave away a top 10 pick?

Get your head out of the sand, its a beautiful sunny day here on the GC

Did you not, only last year, need a salary dump on a kid so bad you gave away a top 10 pick?

Get your head out of the sand, its a beautiful sunny day here on the GC
See now you are entering entitlement cohort. I live in Brisbane.

BTW, Bowes was 2 years ago. Just do a bit homework on Suns list. We shed a lot of money. Just Bowes and Rankine in 2022 saved us I guess 1.6M per year. And so on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back