Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

The experience part is crucial, for mine; we are getting a guy who will be an on-field coach as well as a player. 15 years of AFL experience is nothing to sneeze at with a team as young as ours.
Imagine if we get some players from our catchment area , him and Varcoe could become great development coaches for indigenous youth. About time we get some more presence there.

giphy.gif

I'll organise trades for Tarrant and Goldstein - no need to send draft picks back, just more of these.

I cant understand the negativity with this signing. We are losing Goodyear, Frost, Witts, Swan, Macaffer, Toovey and Cloke, . Our first pick is 27 at this stage. Wellls doesnt cost us anything and is a elite footballer. He is better than say pick 79 in the draft and could with luck get us competing for a flag. I view him as a replacement for Swan who we were hoping for 1 more year from.
You lost me when you said we could be competing for a flag. Not a chance. We are going to have to make some pretty big signings for that to happen. Rockliff would be a start.

Just read that they plan to unleash Pendles more in the forward line. Even better. We can switch between Wells and Pendles going back and forth drawing their opponent out to the middle. Getting all excited again :)
I also don't think Wells needs to play every game of the season and could be managed through parts of it. I like the fact he is at Collingwood next year and hope he gives it his all.

Agree he can Still be a Match Winner when he is not hurt and on Song. I also agree that we will Manage him so doubt he play every game

Save him for the G!

I doubt they've just pounced on Wells after the last month or so after Norths cull of older players, that no doubt played a big part in his move with the extra year and security though, they would've been into him for months before that sweetening him up.

I doubt they've just pounced on Wells after the last month or so after Norths cull of older players, that no doubt played a big part in his move with the extra year and security though, they would've been into him for months before that sweetening him up.

Pretty sure I heard his interview on the CFC website and he said he wasn't thinking about it until around mid season. I could be wrong though.

Great pick up, adds heaps of experience and free's up Sidebottom and possibly Varcoe. Good to have some polish in the team now, hopefully he can start on the park. A midfield of Pendlebury, Treloar, Sidebottom, Adams and Wells is mouth watering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wells is a valuable addition to the list -all class and great skill, he can tear a game apart but, I am starting to wonder who he keeps out.

We have a long, long list of mids, emerging mids and those who would like to push up into the midfield!

Given that we have say five on the field excluding the ruckman at anyone time and one or two on the bench, there are still a lot of blokes who going to be mids playing flanks or down in the twos.

Collingwood

Genuine Mids or Wingman:

1. Pendles
2. Treloar
3. Adams
4 .Greenwood
5. Sidebottom
6. Wells
7. Crisp
8. DeGoey
9. Varcoe
10. Aish
11. Smith
12. Phillips
13. Wills
14. Sier
15. Broomhead
16. J. Thomas
18. Blair

So barring injury we will have nine or ten blokes every week who are genuine midfield prospects playing in pockets, on flanks or in the VFL.

Wells is a valuable addition to the list -all class and great skill, he can tear a game apart but, I am starting to wonder who he keeps out.

We have a long, long list of mids, emerging mids and those who would like to push up into the midfield!

Given that we have say five on the field excluding the ruckman at anyone time and one or two on the bench, there are still a lot of blokes who going to be mids playing flanks or down in the twos.

Collingwood

Genuine Mids or Wingman:

1. Pendles
2. Treloar
3. Adams
4 .Greenwood
5. Sidebottom
6. Wells
7. Crisp
8. DeGoey
9. Varcoe
10. Aish
11. Smith
12. Phillips
13. Wills
14. Sier
15. Broomhead
16. J. Thomas
18. Blair

So barring injury we will have nine or ten blokes every week who are genuine midfield prospects playing in pockets, on flanks or in the VFL.

Think Greenwood is a Tad High. I have Steele,Wells,De Goey and Aish ahead of him

Players who play Similar Postion would be I guess Pendles and Treloar when playing Mid and Aish and Steele when on a Wing

I'm on Tapatalk and I saw a bird with boobies on the thread preview.

Can someone please quote for me?

Also, yay Wells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100volt1 are you going to make a Video of the New Recruits?

Possibly one of the worst recruits imaginable which ironically has now cost us any chance in a real star like Rockliff.

Can Name tons more Moves we done that was Worse

Swanny is pissing on his legacy basically bragging bout taking drugs

Seriously? He's acknowledged that he has experimented with drugs. Hardly a hanging offence. No indication of when, could have been while he was still at school.

Hardly an indication that he's a rabid consumer, an ongoing consumer, or has an ongoing issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back