Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

Skimmed over the first 4 pages of this thread... and didn't get too much real info about our newest Collingwood brother...

Just alot of people patting each other on the back (and arguments) about who started the thread?

Can we get our dickswinging thread out the way... and actually just get one dedicated to Daniel Wells?

14 years at a club, sublime skills and wants to finish a Pie. Welcome Daniel, you look amazing in black and white.

And congratulations to whoever GAF who started the thread.

(This has become embarrassing)

That's why he said irony CFC.

My brain cells are a little frazzled tonight I have had a crap two weeks at work...........I thought he meant North.

Apologies.

By the way welcome Daniel.......the more silk in our team the better!

giphy.gif

What a nice smile.

"Daniel was ranked number one in the competition for score assists, he was in the top 10 per cent for kicking efficiency and averaged four inside 50s per game," list manager Derek Hine said.

"These are elite qualities and, of course, his ball use and decision making have always been of the highest order."

Sums it up there, end of the day we are working on our weaknesses so really you cant question the decision to sign him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... back to Wells!

Buckley's fault, imo.

Pathetic attempt to get back on topic:
Finally got time to listen to the interview. He sounds like a good pick up.
Let's hope he stays on the park and can keep up with the pace of the game.

It's a High Risk/High Reward Signing

Could work really well for us and get Hopefully 3 Good Seasons out of him

or

He does not play as well as has because of Age and Stays Injury Prone

or

I'd say it was low risk/high reward.

We've paid nothing for him in terms of trading, and the 500k (?) over 2-3 years is near on average wage. If he plays to his 2016 for two years we've struck gold.

or

3 seasons? Not many times do you see players his age retire in very good health.
2 max and 1 to fade away in VFL while passing on some invaluable experience.
But he is the kind that will win us games if on song.
16-18 games a season and at least 10 wins with him in the side, that will do me just fine.

3 seasons? Not many times do you see players his age retire in very good health.
16-18 games a season and at least 10 wins with him in the side, that will do me just fine.

Agree he can Still be a Match Winner when he is not hurt and on Song. I also agree that we will Manage him so doubt he play every game

Agree he can Still be a Match Winner when he is not hurt and on Song. I also agree that we will Manage him so doubt he play every game
Just read that they plan to unleash Pendles more in the forward line. Even better. We can switch between Wells and Pendles going back and forth drawing their opponent out to the middle. Getting all excited again :)

I cant understand the negativity with this signing. We are losing Goodyear, Frost, Witts, Swan, Macaffer, Toovey and Cloke, . Our first pick is 27 at this stage. Wellls doesnt cost us anything and is a elite footballer. He is better than say pick 79 in the draft and could with luck get us competing for a flag. I view him as a replacement for Swan who we were hoping for 1 more year from.

I'd say it was low risk/high reward.

We've paid nothing for him in terms of trading, and the 500k (?) over 2-3 years is near on average wage. If he plays to his 2016 for two years we've struck gold.

1.8 million over 3 years, double the average AFL income.

Frankly we need him to immediately play quite well

The experience part is crucial, for mine; we are getting a guy who will be an on-field coach as well as a player. 15 years of AFL experience is nothing to sneeze at with a team as young as ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back