Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't we previously said the same about Reid and Elliott over the years?

Yeah this is my take. I don't expect we'll see Wells back in full training until late January now and anything earlier is simply a bonus. As the most intellectual of footy players would say, it is what it is!

I googled Elliots name for the fun of it. The club announced in Feb hed be at least a month away.. Then in April they said at least another three months. Season over was announced in June . Thats hardly denial, its just revision.

Just for the fun of it go a little further back ;)

DANIEL Wells left the track early at Collingwood on Friday but the club has rejected reports that the new Pie has suffered a calf injury.

The former Kangaroo only took part in light drills at today’s training session at Olympic Park before heading inside.

It was reported that the goalkicking midfielder had sustained a calf injury but the Magpies are adamant that is not the case.

Rather, Wells is on a modified program until Christmas and Collingwood said that today is not one of his designated training days.

Jamie Elliott took part in running drills as he continues his long recovery from a back injury while Ben Reid also ran away from the main group with his left knee strapped.

I googled Elliots name for the fun of it. The club announced in Feb hed be at least a month away.. Then in April they said at least another three months. Season over was announced in June . Thats hardly denial, its just revision.
Although this appears to be denial. :D

DANIEL Wells left the track early at Collingwood on Friday but the club has rejected reports that the new Pie has suffered a calf injury.

The former Kangaroo only took part in light drills at today’s training session at Olympic Park before heading inside.

It was reported that the goalkicking midfielder had sustained a calf injury but the Magpies are adamant that is not the case.

Rather, Wells is on a modified program until Christmas and Collingwood said that today is not one of his designated training days.

Jamie Elliott took part in running drills as he continues his long recovery from a back injury while Ben Reid also ran away from the main group with his left knee strapped.

It seems perfectly reasonable to believe that we're just managing the old man, especially given his history. Some of the more suspicious minds (which mine is becoming) might reserve judgment until one of his 'designated' training days.

I remain easily panicked in relation to Wells (and Scharenberg): I will not trade in panic but will remain susceptible to whatever the 'panic merchants' are selling. Rate him so highly, the thought of him in our midfield so enticing.

youre welcome to do it yourself. it was probably Balme anyway!

I don't need too I know what took place cobsidering I broke the initial news of his back injury...

You'd be correct it would have been Balme. Denial was his stock and trade.

FWIW before we get the usual suspects coming in over the top of BJ to assure us everything is fine (looking at you BP and NS) we already know it is :thumbsu:

It seems perfectly reasonable to believe that we're just managing the old man, especially given his history. Some of the more suspicious minds (which mine is becoming) might reserve judgment until one of his 'designated' training days.

I remain easily panicked in relation to Wells (and Scharenberg): I will not trade in panic but will remain susceptible to whatever the 'panic merchants' are selling. Rate him so highly, the thought of him in our midfield so enticing.
It's a reasonable explanation, but unfortunately the club doesn't have the runs on the board in regards to honesty about injuries, particularly to high profile players, in recent times.

My take is that he's probably tweaked his calf, certainly not seriously, and not badly enough to get upset over, particularly given the time of the year. The guy has been in the AFL system for over a decade, so it's not like he's going to be adversely affected by a couple of weeks recovery (if that) when he is reportedly on a modified program already anyway.

It certainly doesn't seem like anything to get worked up over. Some of the early reactions were way over the top.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just hoping to see if you could point me to an official club denial about Elliots injury. Not that I'm doubting you and your "Ï know what took place" its just that it would be interesting to see it in hindsight..

Its a dilemma certainly!

I didn't even know Buckley was our draft recruiter.
Everything that happens is Buckley's call. You know the hamburgers at the glasshouse? It was Buckley's idea to jack up the prices on them to fund another year for his e-tag.

Everything that happens is Buckley's call. You know the hamburgers at the glasshouse? It was Buckley's idea to jack up the prices on them to fund another year for his e-tag.

Does he just cut laps on citylink in his spare time? Because those prices were steep!

Does he just cut laps on citylink in his spare time? Because those prices were steep!
That's only half of it. There is a bigger reason why we have so many injuries at the club. Buckley denies the players rub down oil, so he can use it himself as an "evil moustache" twirling oil.

Send him to Ben Reid's 'miracle worker' ballet teacher. I'm serious.
It was reported after the trade period that both Wells and WHE would be participating in the same conditioning program that Reid is doing with the ballet teacher. In fact, half the squad is doing it now apparently.

I heard it was to compensate the caterers for the losses incurred due to DeGoey's hamburger and fried chicken addiction.

It was reported after the trade period that both Wells and WHE would be participating in the same conditioning program that Reid is doing with the ballet teacher. In fact, half the squad is doing it now apparently.

It would be nice if the players could put on a performance of Swan Lake for the fans.

Lol north supporters will love this
Hopefully this isn't a bust recruit
Most North people don't, at least not myself anyway. This is something you are going to have to put up with Daniel, he will miss a game or two here or there because of soreness or a minor (leg) strain, but he'll play most games in a season without an issue, just not every game of all three seasons that are contracted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back