Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't need too I know what took place cobsidering I broke the initial news of his back injury...

You'd be correct it would have been Balme. Denial was his stock and trade.

FWIW before we get the usual suspects coming in over the top of BJ to assure us everything is fine (looking at you BP and NS) we already know it is :thumbsu:

Thanks Sco - I can accordingly confirm that there is no alarm. While I cannot disclose the exact nature for the reason he left the field, I can assure you it is one of the list below:
- sock tangle
- foot blister
- testicle bruise
- sphincter ache
- jock itch
- Call from mistress
- call from broker

Most North people don't, at least not myself anyway. This is something you are going to have to put up with Daniel, he will miss a game or two here or there because of soreness or a minor (leg) strain, but he'll play most games in a season without an issue, just not every game of all three seasons that are contracted.

Could say that a lot of Players. They won't play every game for 3 Seasons. Would like to but they could miss the Odd 1 Here and There

Why would our staff be better than norths? This pick up was nothing but a desperate attempt by Buckley to save his job.

Or maybe given the age - experience profile of our squad it was actually to provide a short term replacement for Swanny, thereby allowing some of the kids further time to develop into the players we hope they'll be free from the unrealistic burden of picking up that slack.

Thanks Sco - I can accordingly confirm that there is no alarm. While I cannot disclose the exact nature for the reason he left the field, I can assure you it is one of the list below:
- sock tangle
- foot blister
- testicle bruise
- sphincter ache
- jock itch
- Call from mistress
- call from broker

I recommend Apple Cider Vinegar for jock itch, works a treat.

DANIEL Wells left the track early at Collingwood on Friday but the club has rejected reports that the new Pie has suffered a calf injury.

The former Kangaroo only took part in light drills at today’s training session at Olympic Park before heading inside.

It was reported that the goalkicking midfielder had sustained a calf injury but the Magpies are adamant that is not the case.

Rather, Wells is on a modified program until Christmas and Collingwood said that today is not one of his designated training days.

Jamie Elliott took part in running drills as he continues his long recovery from a back injury while Ben Reid also ran away from the main group with his left knee strapped.

So it Begins.

Was only a Matter of Time with Donavon still at Collingwood

It's a reasonable explanation, but unfortunately the club doesn't have the runs on the board in regards to honesty about injuries, particularly to high profile players, in recent times.

My take is that he's probably tweaked his calf, certainly not seriously, and not badly enough to get upset over, particularly given the time of the year. The guy has been in the AFL system for over a decade, so it's not like he's going to be adversely affected by a couple of weeks recovery (if that) when he is reportedly on a modified program already anyway.

It certainly doesn't seem like anything to get worked up over. Some of the early reactions were way over the top.

Is that more about the inexact nature of assessing injuries and projecting likely recovery periods. I'm not sure there's a deliberate attempt to mislead, just a communication of things as they stand when these announcements are made that people then interpret to mean more.

Send him to Ben Reid's 'miracle worker' ballet teacher. I'm serious.

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that Wells was already doing the same ballet training as Reid?

Edit: as per Apex36's subsequent post.

I recommend Apple Cider Vinegar for jock itch, works a treat.
Drink it, steep groinal area in a cup of cider or soak jocks in it & absorb through skin slowly over the course of a day?

Drink it, steep groinal area in a cup of cider or soak jocks in it & absorb through skin slowly over the course of a day?

I drink it twice a day. Tastes like shit but is great for my digestion. You can also rub it on things like jock itch and skin tags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- sock tangle
- foot blister
- testicle bruise
- sphincter ache
- jock itch
- Call from mistress
- call from broker

Well colour me tickled pink you do have a personality! I sincerely hope we can see more of it once the current powers that be depart (whenever that is) :)

Is that more about the inexact nature of assessing injuries and projecting likely recovery periods. I'm not sure there's a deliberate attempt to mislead, just a communication of things as they stand when these announcements are made that people then interpret to mean more.
"Ben Reid is not injured, he's just being rested as per his program" - Neil Balme, Feb 2016.

I'm not talking about inaccurate estimates, I'm talking about flat out lies.

www.some_bs_media_link.com.au/junk

Daniel Wells has injured his calf during a handball drill earlier today as confirmed by sources at Collingwood who have spoken on condition of anonymity.

"Daniel suffered a grade 7 tear of the epitarsil muscle in his left calf and had to be airlifted to hospital where he underwent immediate surgery" the source has claimed.

"Unfortunately, gangrene set in before the injury could be stabilised, so surgeons were forced to amputate Daniel's leg just above the knee."

"There was a slight mixup, the surgeons accidentally amputated the wrong leg, but they were able to quickly rectify the situation by amputating the correct leg as well."

"Daniel is quite understandably disappointed by this setback, but the club will support him throughout his recovery"

Collingwood expect that this will be a medium term injury, and Daniel should be available to join the rest of the group in full training after the Christmas break.

www.some_bs_media_link.com.au/junk

"Ben Reid is not injured, he's just being rested as per his program" - Neil Balme, Feb 2016.

He played 17 games in 2016. Only missed round 1 8 and a few at the end. They managed him pretty well.

Not convinced you had the best example of flat out lies. They prepared him for round one and missed it by a week.

Thing is North have long been held in high esteem for the brilliant job their sports science/physio department does, and even in that situation Wells had plenty of issues, hardly surprising that under our bottom percentile department there's an issue already.

Donarvoron probably just looked at him sideways and he pinged his calf.

#sackdelorean

Ta. I don't have a definitive position on this either way but I take these types of statements on face value. As I recall it, Reid was having a pretty good preseason until he got hurt at training, delaying his start to the season until round 2. Just not sure on the timing of his injury relative to the statement but he may well have been okay at the time that statement was made by Balme or Balme may well have believed that to be accurate at the time he said it.

I can understand the use of creative announcements for specific purposes, but to just lie for the sack of it defies logic, particularly during preseason when there isn't a competitive advantage to be gained.

Yes, if Bucks and the players turn up next year you'll be set.
I wouldn't count on it. Bucks is known to be a no show. Like how he didn't turn up when North thought he was going to play for them. Or when he didn't turn up when North thought he was going to coach them. Or how he convinced Aish not to turn up when you guys made a big play for him.

I wouldn't count on it. Bucks is known to be a no show. Like how he didn't turn up when North thought he was going to play for them. Or when he didn't turn up when North thought he was going to coach them. Or how he convinced Aish not to turn up when you guys made a big play for him.

3 things that have worked out really well for him.

Thing is North have long been held in high esteem for the brilliant job their sports science/physio department does, and even in that situation Wells had plenty of issues, hardly surprising that under our bottom percentile department there's an issue already.

Donarvoron probably just looked at him sideways and he pinged his calf.

#sackdelorean

By whom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back