Daniel Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

He is in between Gun and Superstar at the moment.

If he can nail those long running shots on goal, then he'll have made it.

Excuses the Collingwood game and then some. To even turn up was an effort.

Will captain the footy club.

Looks hesitant from a set shot. Needs to work on that because a player of his skill level is letting himself down by missing goals like that. Is definitely having his best season to date, and surprise surprise, he is playing attacking football. There's no point trying to get these type of guys into a disciplined environment and saying you must do this, and do that. He might screw up occasionally but the good times will far outweigh the bad if he is left to play on instinct. I think one of your other supporters, mark73, said it best when he said Wells needs to go into the huddle listen to what Laidley says and then forget it. Fortunately along with young kids like Campbell and Thomas etc, it would appear Laidley has finally woken up to the concept of allowing naturally skilled players to play on their own terms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness.

Having Wells and Firrito as co-captains would make me a very happy man.

In all seriousness.

Having Wells and Firrito as co-captains would make me a very happy man.

Choose a side. North don't do co-captains.
It's Wells.

although wells was my favourite player in the roos line up i used to be one of his biggest critics,
thought he had far more potential then being just a in and out of game player like he was in previous years.

I have been to every roos game but one this year and he is a much improved player in terms of consitancy.
He is more constantly getting the footy and backing himself to run though the lines.

Wouldnt be suprised if he was up there (top 5) in the brownlow to this stage

Yeah I've always judged him harshly he was overrated early on IMO but now hes starting to repay that faith and looks set to be a huge player for the roos B&F maybe Brownlow not yet. Who might miss the eight but wont be bottom like alot of Pre-Season tipsters said they would.

Looked like a very nasty knee hyper-extension, was running at pace when it occurred... didn't look good on the slow motion replay.

Really wish Peter Larkham was on board to give his assessment after viewing the replay.

Geez, I'd still take Daniel Harris over Wells, love watching him play.

The only thing that concerns me (Dermott Brereton moment coming up) is the size of his thighs.

It's a personal theory that guys with big thighs struggle as they get older (Matthews and Loewe the exceptions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

Back