Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree 100% he is that far behind his previous form he is actually a liability and the main problem in the backline is Darcy.
Kane Cornes is 100% right, I’ve called it all year and if that’s just the way it is.
None of us want it that way, nobody wants Darcy playing so badly, or the team in general.
But this is what’s happening and nobody should apologise for calling it out.
Agree with this but we all know there are also problems with the lack of pressure up the ground.

He is playing with an injury to his pelvis which probably does not help but once you arrive on the field you are fair game.

Agree with this but we all know there are also problems with the lack of pressure up the ground.

He is playing with an injury to his pelvis which probably does not help but once you arrive on the field you are fair game.
What the?

Thought he was good last night.
Agree with this. Darcy was OK last night, certainly better than the previous game. Covered a lot of ground and used the ball well.

Needs Howe back.

Righto champ.

Allowed to get annoyed after a sub par year by our magnificent leader.

This bloke has been found out big time in 2024.

Not the only one thinking this mate, get a grip.

Will let you get back to the Darcy love in.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, you’re not allowed to make personal insults you dill.

Righto champ.

Take a look inside yourself.

You hate the captain of the Collingwood football club.
The captain who led us to a magnificent flag last year.

You hate him.

Really let that sink in and then ask yourself why.

Is it just his form or something else?

You hate the captain of our premiership side. Wow.

Maybe it’s you?
Maybe you need to walk away from the club?

When you hate a guy like Darcy, there doesn’t seem much point to you following the club.

Take a look inside yourself.

You hate the captain of the Collingwood football club.
The captain who led us to a magnificent flag last year.

You hate him.

Really let that sink in and then ask yourself why.

Is it just his form or something else?

You hate the captain of our premiership side. Wow.

Maybe it’s you?
Maybe you need to walk away from the club?

When you hate a guy like Darcy, there doesn’t seem much point to you following the club.
I don't hate Darcy at all.
He is a very impressive young man who clearly is intelligent, does amazing things in the community and is capable of being a top tier AFL footballer. Darcy is like Bambi, nobody could or should hate this guy.

And f you insinuate what I think you are you have NFI, I have no issues with Amy part of society.

Darcy engages the public well as evidenced by his many lauded speeches along the journey. (Even though he should have maybe given Merrett an opportunity to speak on Anzac Day)
The bloke is a superstar at life.

I love the club and have so unwaveringly over 4 decades and in this time ridden the highs and lows as you all have too.

I put my hand up and admit maybe the comment was over the top.
I have been disappointed in the leadership side this year more than anything else.

Look I get the game plan and as we saw the start f the year it only needs to be a touch of here being a bit out of sync etc. For it to appear it is in tatters.

I really hope the team can pull it back again as they did from round 4 onwards.

Yes, we have some injuries, and we aren't alone there, plus I do buy into the Fly ethos it doesnmatyer about the cattle, etc. Its next man steps up. Although I think there is a tipping point for this, maybe we have reached...

And let's not forget, of course, tthe game plan may have been figured out by the other teams now, and hese guys have reached the innacle just last year, and maybe not pointing any fingers, a few have ticked that box and ow see things differently.

Would have been nice to have a hungry team come back out this year wanting to make themselves a legendary ba k to back team.

I put my hand up for wrongly venting in a single direction undeservedly when there are many factors at hand here. I am a passionate supporter, you better believe it.

Personally I think there are some better game day leaders in our team.
I also think there is still a place for a decent spray when required, or maybe the Kum-bI-ah style fails to have an impact with some of the group.

Hope Darcy can return to his better format, and those around him can also lift for the rest of the year.

Thanks for calling my ignorant post out, I feel better for venting at the time and hope my response is taken sincerely.

I enjoy tBig Footy and all you passionate bastards, we all make lousy posts from time to time.

I will also lift my performance on here.

Til next weekend

Sent from my SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a very impressive young man who clearly is intelligent, does amazing things in the community and is capable of being a top tier AFL footballer. Darcy is like Bambi, nobody could or should hate this guy.

And f you insinuate what I think you are you have NFI, I have no issues with Amy part of society.

Darcy engages the public well as evidenced by his many lauded speeches along the journey. (Even though he should have maybe given Merrett an opportunity to speak on Anzac Day)

I love the club and have so unwaveringly over 4 decades and in this time ridden the highs and lows as you all have too.

I have been disappointed in the leadership side this year more than anything else.

Look I get the game plan and as we saw the start f the year it only needs to be a touch of here being a bit out of sync etc. For it to appear it is in tatters.

Yes, we have some injuries, and we aren't alone there, plus I do buy into the Fly ethos it doesnmatyer about the cattle, etc. Its next man steps up. Although I think there is a tipping point for this, maybe we have reached...

And let's not forget, of course, tthe game plan may have been figured out by the other teams now, and hese guys have reached the innacle just last year, and maybe not pointing any fingers, a few have ticked that box and ow see things differently.

Would have been nice to have a hungry team come back out this year wanting to make themselves a legendary ba k to back team.

I put my hand up for wrongly venting in a single direction undeservedly when there are many factors at hand here. I am a passionate supporter, you better believe it.

I also think there is still a place for a decent spray when required, or maybe the Kum-bI-ah style fails to have an impact with some of the group.

Hope Darcy can return to his better format, and those around him can also lift for the rest of the year.

Thanks for calling my ignorant post out, I feel better for venting at the time and hope my response is taken sincerely.

I enjoy tBig Footy and all you passionate bastards, we all make lousy posts from time to time.

Til next weekend

Hey mate.
Very well said. I also need to lift my performance and stop antagonising people.
Thanks for helping me realise that.
Cheers.

Hey mate.
Very well said. I also need to lift my performance and stop antagonising people.
Thanks for helping me realise that.
Cheers.
All good jmac.
We are all different and love this club.
Be a pretty boring place if we all agreed on everything.
Good to see other peoplaes perspective.

Til next weekend

Great stuff mate 👍

I think we might be looking at treating the symptom (Darcy) rather than the disease (losing games).
Is it possible that maybe the structure and game plan is not going to hold up?
Or do we maybe no longer have the personnel to execute it successfully?
Either way, how much longer should we persist with the structure/game plan which served us in 2023?
A loss next week probably puts us out of the 8 with no guarantee of getting back in.
With all the injuries, is it time to experiment by throwing a few blokes around, or do we just stick to the process a bit longer? (In Fly We Trust?)

I watched him last night allow caddy to waltz up on the wing and take a mark and Darcy decided that he wasn't even going to punch the ball ..The golden rule of defenders when playing from behind gets ignored ...Now I'm worried hesitant to punch
Righto champ.

Totally agree
Murphy loss magnifies it totally

Enough already.

Moore is our club captain.
Moore is our best tall defender.
Moore has no replacement in the VFL.
Moore does not deserve to be dropped.
Moore is playing the team defensive role he has been asked to play.
Moore and Fly have acknowledged his form could be better.

Anyone who wants to criticize then suggest solutions. If you want him dropped explain why and how it benefits him and the team.

If you want him to play better well don't you think he is trying. Don't you think the coach and him are discussing it.

Seriously against McKay and Curnow do to you want Dean and Frampton not Moore and Frampton?

Last night the Scum board turned on Curnow. Don't make us be like them.

This thread has become embarrassing and not constructive.

He has not been intercept marking as well as his best. He has had some poor skill errors and I would prefer him not to take the kick outs right now.

He has been playing the zone and getting caught out because others are not playing their role.

He has been spoiling and halving contests when he gets the opportunity.

Have faith. The team around him is down on form too!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think it’s fair to say our team defence has lacked something this year compared to last year. Murphy retiring was huge and frankly we are still working around his loss. He was a major factor in a tight, well drilled and confident defensive group with all the major players Moore, Murphy, Maynard, Howe, Quaynor, Markov and Noble all very consistent.
We kept teams to 80 points or less 13 times in the first 16 rounds 2023 compared to managing that feat only 6 times from our first 16 rounds this year.
Moore, Markov and Quaynor have suffered the most it seems and as far as Darcy goes he’s had to deal with having Dean and Frampton (both pretty inconsistent and neither really stamping themselves as leaders down back as yet) trying to settle into the backline. There’s also been changes in game style that they’ve been working through. Throw in injuries and it’s been a difficult task to maintain our excellent team defence of last year.
My guess is that (as Fly suggested) we aren’t implementing the system correctly for long enough and there appears to be a lack of connection which they will focus on this week prior to the Cats. However sometimes there’s something intangible that no one can pin point precisely which suddenly and inexplicably just turns and you’re back to your best. There’s still time to sort this out but as the above stats point to it’s a team thing which unfortunately the defensive group will cop the most flack for and by default our captain.
One other point is that the game as it’s played nowadays can make pretty much every defence look inept when so many goals out the back happen with the current tactical trends zones etc. one minute you can look like an amazing intercepting, spoiling defender then the next minute your caught 20 metres away from any opposition player as they waltz in for goals forwards of other eras could only dream of.
I think Darcy will be a huge part of us regaining our mojo and leading the charge as our captain.

I think it’s fair to say our team defence has lacked something this year compared to last year. Murphy retiring was huge and frankly we are still working around his loss. He was a major factor in a tight, well drilled and confident defensive group with all the major players Moore, Murphy, Maynard, Howe, Quaynor, Markov and Noble all very consistent.
We kept teams to 80 points or less 13 times in the first 16 rounds 2023 compared to managing that feat only 6 times from our first 16 rounds this year.
Moore, Markov and Quaynor have suffered the most it seems and as far as Darcy goes he’s had to deal with having Dean and Frampton (both pretty inconsistent and neither really stamping themselves as leaders down back as yet) trying to settle into the backline. There’s also been changes in game style that they’ve been working through. Throw in injuries and it’s been a difficult task to maintain our excellent team defence of last year.
My guess is that (as Fly suggested) we aren’t implementing the system correctly for long enough and there appears to be a lack of connection which they will focus on this week prior to the Cats. However sometimes there’s something intangible that no one can pin point precisely which suddenly and inexplicably just turns and you’re back to your best. There’s still time to sort this out but as the above stats point to it’s a team thing which unfortunately the defensive group will cop the most flack for and by default our captain.
One other point is that the game as it’s played nowadays can make pretty much every defence look inept when so many goals out the back happen with the current tactical trends zones etc. one minute you can look like an amazing intercepting, spoiling defender then the next minute your caught 20 metres away from any opposition player as they waltz in for goals forwards of other eras could only dream of.
I think Darcy will be a huge part of us regaining our mojo and leading the charge as our captain.
Paragraphs please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back